Samsung 63" Plasma 3D looks tempting, know about freeview?

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
smoothy
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Samsung 63" Plasma 3D looks tempting, know about freeview?

Post by smoothy »

I have become quite interested in the new Samsung Plasma 3D TV which is coming out soon. It has 1 freeview HD tuner built in. What's also clever about this is it allows you to plug either a USB HDD or thumbstick into one of the USB 2.0 ports and then it can record freeview HD onto the plugged in devices. Unfortunately the TV only has the 1 freeview HD tuner. I read that their new bluray 3d player has also a freeview HD tuner built in and 500GB HDD. So the good thing is I could make some recording to the bluray players HDD and other recordings to the TV but then I would require 2 aerials and I only have 1 so how can I extend my 1 cable into 2 cables, would I need a splitter? I am based in the UK by the way!

To add to the above, both the samsung TV and bluray player is UPnP and DLNA and they use anynet+ which is a samsung feature only. Do you know if you can get the freeview HD planner on the samsung TV to display what's been recorded by the bluray player and the TV all through 1 planner. This way I could record 2 different channels at once and allow them to be displayed all in one screen at the same time, this way I would not have to
change displays modes to go from the TV to the bluray player just to see what I have recorded, do you know if this will be possible?

Any help much appreciated

Many thanks in advance
alairauston
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Samsung 63" Plasma 3D looks tempting, know about freevie

Post by alairauston »

This TV with glasses and blue ray provide will be free and also the Samsung 3D blue ray player and double pack of 3D LCD shutter glasses.It's fabulous discount will be added at checkout.

Return to “3D HDTVs”