Stereoscopy on Linux

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Re: Stereoscopy on Linux

Post by mickeyjaw »

Hey i understand - your bac and getting into a good lycee is way more important!
gogojaijai
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gogojaijai »

Hi ya, I'd like to ask how's the stereo player going on? I am also interested in working on it.
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by magestik »

Hello gogojaijai,

I just read your message (and PM). For now, the develoment is paused because of my Bac (French exam). So, I have to work to get a good mark and have nice hollydays :D But, during hollydays I will work on it each days. So just wait a couple of weeks ... we could work together (from 25th June) ;)

Thank you for your interest,

Magestik
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by magestik »

Hello,

I have BIG news ! I know how to read Blu-Ray disc, so I did it in Tux Stereo Player. So this application (that I never release) can now play Stereo Video and blu-Ray disc. These are two big news for Linux users. So I decided to rename it "Tux Super Player". I wait for some comments on Ubuntu-fr forum for add the 3DBD support, but it's just a question of time !

My bac sucks ...

Magestik.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

-visited this thread
-got scared
-went away
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Respect! Linuxheadz might be our saviours once minisux empire breaks down. Cool find about reading the blurays. Does it include hdcp-decoding yet?
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by magestik »

For now, the automatic play only supports MKB from v1 to v10. Others MKB must be added in a file manually.
For HDCP I don't know yet. I don't have any Blu-Ray reader ... And I did my software in 3 minutes :mrgreen:

I'm still waiting for the test of a friend. I keep you informed ;)

Magestik
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by magestik »

Hello everybody.

My "Baccalauréat" is finished. Let's go for programming :P
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

Indeed, let's go! :D

Now, a few points:

1) Can I have the latest code you have been working on please? I know it's probably unfinished and everything, but I would like to take a look anyway.

2) Have you looked at Fredz's work with genlock for page flipping? I can add support for controlling this to Tux-Stereo-Viewer (for use with side-by-side mode) if you like (for nVidia cards only right now). I think that this support will be quite easy to add.

3) Do we still need to add dual output support? I can probably do this, but it will be a pain in the ass to do, because it involves opening another window and duplicating the toolbars, menus etc.

4) About the bluray, do you have 3d bluray playing or just 2d? Which libraries/players are you using - mplayer/vlc/gstreamer/???? I found and downloaded the reference MPEG codec for h.264+MVC, but have yet to play with it. I expect it will be way too slow for real time decoding on anything except maybe a high end i7 machine. I know peter wimmer was looking at merging this into x264 - i wonder how he is getting along (Does he still read this forum)?

5) Are we going to incorporate movie playing into Tux-Stereo-Viewer or will we make a separate app?
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by magestik »

mickeyjaw wrote:Indeed
This word remind me Teal'c (form Stargate SG-1) ^^

1) I made a Github : http://github.com/magestik/TuxStereoViewer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2) I don't really remember about it... But I will find out :P

3) I think it's not a priority ... And like you said, it could be hard to make, for example if we have 2 separated X screen (no Xinerama).

4) I use DumpHD for decoding and Mplayer for reading.

5) I made a second app nammed "Tux Stereo Player".
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by magestik »

The new version is almost ready. I'm trying to make something easy to understand ... and which should help us to add the support of many new systems. Mickeyjaw told me about GenLock which is a good project. He also told me about an unofficial Nvidia usb controller. If we manage to merge these two projects, Nvidia 3D Vision will be supported. I hope someone (who have the skills and the motivation) will do this as quickly as possible.
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

I think that to get Nvidia 3D Vision working, we need to find a tester/coder with real hardware who wants to help us. I don't have 3D Vision, you don't have it and neither does Fredz. I have no particular desire to spend £130 on a new pair of shutters when my £10 edimensionals from ebay work fine. I think that most of this money is going to subsidise NVidia's driver development anyway, which i would be useless to me as i don't have a supported GFX card nor do i have a license for Vista/Win7. Having said that, I am sure that a lot of other people on mtbs3d have already bought this hardware - maybe one of them will volunteer to test?

Also, talking of hardware, do you have access to a bluray drive and/or any 3D blurays? I think I have an idea how to decode 3D BD on linux (I doubt it will work quick enough to be real time, but you can re-encode for watching later). The only problem is that I have no BD-ROM drive, and a 37GB+ iso file (for Monsters vs Aliens) is quite large to download! Maybe you could do some testing for me?
magestik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by magestik »

mickeyjaw wrote:can re-encode for watching later). The only problem is that I have no BD-ROM drive, and a 37GB+ iso file (for Monsters vs Aliens) is quite large to download! Maybe you could do some testing for me?
No, I haven't got any BD-ROM drive ... but I will buy one (as soon as possible).

For the 3D Vision, I think we can find someone who agrees for testing.
stereoptimistic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stereoptimistic »

Hi!

I am a 37yr Swede who would like to help. I have studied French for 6 years too so I know
a bit how to speak it. I also used to code a lot but only Turbo Pascal, way back.

My setup for 3D is:

* Dual boot Ubuntu 11,04 x86 / Windows 7 x64
* Blu-ray ROM drive
* Red/cyan and green/magenta anaglyph glasses
* e-Dimensional shutters
* nVidia 3D vision glasses
* Optoma HD70 projector (works with e-Dimensional)
* CRT monitor (works in 100Hz with nVidia 3D vision)
* Acer H5360 120Hz projector (currently pawn-loaned :( )
(3D Vision ready)
* outrageous amounts of 3D content in various formats

I have lots and lots of time on my hands since I am retired.
Gimme a holler :)
RedCyan,GreenMagenta,eDimensional wired,Cinemizer 1st gen,
720p LED passive 3DTV,720p DLP Link w/135" motorized,Oculus DK1,
HTC EVO 3D, Leap Motion, Tridef AMD Retail

Return to “General Discussion”