Cinemizer OLED

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Cinemizer OLED

Post by cybereality »

CyberVillain wrote:Does the HMZ have a USB port?
No.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Well, that wont help then! Crazy, you mean it is powered by an actual wall wart? How primitive! I thought it would have used the same method as the Z800, using USB for the power.

What voltage does it use? If its 5V, you can just use the method I mentioned and make a USB to HMZ plug adapter. That way, you have a portable USB source, and can just use different cables to connect different devices.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Not even a wall wart, the regulator is internal. A few of us have opened ours and added a USB plug to there 5V goes into the main board.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

PalmerTech wrote:Not even a wall wart, the regulator is internal. A few of us have opened ours and added a USB plug to there 5V goes into the main board.
have you been able to power it from a USB plug? Then the 15Watts that Sony states is wrong, that would fry the device you try to power it from since the USB standard is 500mA

Or did you power it off something not following the USB standard like a phone charger or something?
JoJoX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JoJoX »

Hello everybody i'm new here !

I'm just having a look at all HMD on the market and got one question about Cinemizer.

Did the head tracker module (apparently sell separatly) will be available in July too ?

Because i will develop an application and i need 360 degree of head tracking
Something pretty much like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaD44Keye1s[/youtube]
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey JoJoX!

Don't have any news to share, but the Zeiss tracker does look pretty nice. Otherwise the specs aren't great, but probably acceptable if you need an all-in-one kit.
JoJoX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JoJoX »

Thanks for the answer !

I'm looking for other solutions.
I saw the TrackIr device but i need a 360 horizontal degree tracker.
Is there some solution with gyroscopic tracker wich is not sold with glasses ?
The Vuzix tracker look acceptable but the quality of the glasses seems a bit weak.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well check around this forum, there are a few trackers people are using. For example from Hillcrest Labs or Sparkfun. I haven't tried these personally, and they may require hardware and software development in order to utilize them, not really a plug-and-play kit. The Vuzix 1200VR has a decent tracker on it, but the display quality is not great. However, based on the specs for the Cinemizer, they may be comparable (at least in terms of resolution and FOV). Unfortunately there is not really a perfect all-in-one solution available. Your best bet is to get something like the ST1080 and figure out how to do the tracking somehow yourself (again, there is info scattered around this forum). Hope that helps.
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Post by brantlew »

Not a lot of detailed how-to information but here is a quick survey of your options.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=14649

Like cyber said. Nothing really out-of-the-box but you can get some fairly easy results utilizing something like GlovePIE or FreePIE with supported trackers and game devices.
JoJoX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JoJoX »

Thanks!

Yes that what i was thinking for all in one solution.
I will read your post for the tracking (i did'nt saw it when i was searching on this forum :mrgreen:)
JesBot
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JesBot »

Hiya! Just bought the Cinemizer and didn't realize it didn't come with the head tracker - I've seen blogs reviewing it, but can't seem to find a link to purchase it anywhere (I searched these forums, but no dice).

Does anyone know if it's out and if so, where one can purchase the Zeiss headtracker attachment?

Thanks! :D
shent1080
Cross Eyed!

Post by shent1080 »

it's not been released as of yet, don't know when it will be released but it is due very soon, looks very responsive.
JesBot
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JesBot »

Thanks, I was driving myself crazy, because I kept seeing reviews of it (some kinda outdated by this point0 and thought maybe it was available. :)

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”