3D Visions and Edimensional! (and DLP Projectors!!)

chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: 3D Visions and Edimensional! (and DLP Projectors!!)

Post by chrisjarram »

Well, got my 3dvision delivered to the UK today - works fine with BENQ MP720p projectors when glasses are upside down, but more importantly (and much to my astonishment) the nvidia emitter works flawlessly (and NOT reversed) with my CrystalEyes 3 glassses and MP720p projectors.

Very happy! BTW anyone slating the cost of the nvidia glasses needs to check out the quality - the emitter is OUTSTANDINGLY powerful for its size (more powerful than my long range eDimensional emitters bought from 3dflightsim.com) and the glasses are very solidly built. $199 is excellent value for money imho, if you wanted as effective a shutter setup elsewhere you'd need at least gx60 glasses with a long range emitter, and you'd probably be looking at near enough double that money (as well as having to buy batteries for it).

I have my emitter 12 feet BEHIND me, and it still works - that is sheer magic.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

Where did you order them from and how? I tried ordering from tigerdirect but it won't accept my postal code. Perhaps I should just take the gamble and order it without my full postal code, even the idiots working in postal services around here should be able to find it out from the address itself ;)
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
Damo3000
Cross Eyed!

Post by Damo3000 »

I have the same projector and I think the Nvidia glasses ghost more so I just use the Edimensionals. Do you find they ghost or do you think they work better or the same. I dont know if my glasses are not working properly or not...sigh

Seems like they ghost in one eye more. Makes games unplayable. I will test more tonight (upside down)

By the way, I couldnt get the Alt- or Alt= to work, anyone get this working somehow?
Windows 8
Nvidia 3D Vision
Oculus Rift Dev 1.0
GTX 470
Optoma HD33
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Xerion wrote:Where did you order them from and how? I tried ordering from tigerdirect but it won't accept my postal code. Perhaps I should just take the gamble and order it without my full postal code, even the idiots working in postal services around here should be able to find it out from the address itself ;)
I used to live in the states and have a friend there so had them shipped directly to them from CompUSA (which was $3). They were then forwarded to me as a gift for another $26 (so no customs charges). So in total I got them for a pretty good price - originally I tried to order from Tiger Direct but had a MULTITUDE of problems, gave up in the end. They also only take bank transfers from international customers according to them, and inc the shipping and the $25 transfer fee they wanted near enough $300 which is extortion if you ask me.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Damo3000 wrote:I have the same projector and I think the Nvidia glasses ghost more so I just use the Edimensionals. Do you find they ghost or do you think they work better or the same. I dont know if my glasses are not working properly or not...sigh

Seems like they ghost in one eye more. Makes games unplayable. I will test more tonight (upside down)

By the way, I couldnt get the Alt- or Alt= to work, anyone get this working somehow?
I've only tried the CrystalEyes and Nvidia ones - they seem to be about the same, the Crystaleyes slightly better in terms of no ghosting. To be honest, there is very little ghosting with either. Will try the eDims tonight and let you know - I have a reverse switch plus a variable resistor on my long range emitter so I can get the timing perfect to get the best possible results. If it turns out to be a timing issue I'll probably fudge together a bit of electonics to solve this.

All in all though, things so far are very good :)
smoothy
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by smoothy »

chrisjarram

Please could you tell me who is the manufacturer of your Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound?
Where did you buy it?

Many thanks in advance
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

smoothy wrote:chrisjarram

Please could you tell me who is the manufacturer of your Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound?
Where did you buy it?

Many thanks in advance
Hi smoothy,

I've just started another thread with lots of info about this as a few people were asking about it.

Also some facts and finding about the 3DVision glasses with DLP projectors!

It can be found at:-

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!
Chris.
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

chrisjarram wrote:
Xerion wrote:Where did you order them from and how? I tried ordering from tigerdirect but it won't accept my postal code. Perhaps I should just take the gamble and order it without my full postal code, even the idiots working in postal services around here should be able to find it out from the address itself ;)
I used to live in the states and have a friend there so had them shipped directly to them from CompUSA (which was $3). They were then forwarded to me as a gift for another $26 (so no customs charges). So in total I got them for a pretty good price - originally I tried to order from Tiger Direct but had a MULTITUDE of problems, gave up in the end. They also only take bank transfers from international customers according to them, and inc the shipping and the $25 transfer fee they wanted near enough $300 which is extortion if you ask me.
I should really get some good friends living in the US ;)
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
smoothy
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by smoothy »

chrisjarram wrote:
smoothy wrote:chrisjarram

Where did you buy it?

Many thanks in advance
Hi smoothy,

I've just started another thread with lots of info about this as a few people were asking about it.

Also some facts and finding about the 3DVision glasses with DLP projectors!

It can be found at:-

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!
Chris.
Many thanks Chris for the link and your fast response, I will check that thread out!
lpokm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lpokm »

I'm really excited to see my edimensional glasses work on my Sharp DLP 10XR with a contemporary nvidia card and driver, however, I don't have an IR emitter - This thread makes it sound like it should be possible but only with wireless glasses?

thank you for going to all this trouble and toil of figuring this out.
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

Nvidia's IR emitter not only works as an IR emitter but also as a software protection dongle. They don't want people using the new drivers for free, but rather want you to buy the 3dvision kit. While the emitter is plugged in the driver "unlocks" and you can play in stereo. What this thread is about is the fact that when the emitter is plugged in you cannot only use the 3dvision glasses, but if you plug in an e-dimensional dongle or such it will works as well, side-by-side, because the correct signals are still being sent out the gfx card, just the driver doesn't let you use shutter stereo unless the 3dvision emitter is plugged in.
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

I have Benq mp721 and ed wired glasses.I cant swap left and right eye.I have used ed activator but reverse option is only with interleaved,not page flipping mode (with this only stereo on/resync and stereo off option)?Is it possoble to do it without hardware?Sorry for not so tighly connected with topic question but i can see many people with dlp projector solution here.If i wore them upside-down picture is very good
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

With wired glasses you can just swap some wires around in the connector to swap the eyes, I have done it before.
Le0TheGr8
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Le0TheGr8 »

Hi, I'm new here and have read up on all that has been said regarding LCD projectors. I am thinking of buying an Epson, EH-TW4000 which accepts input signals of 100Hz or 120Hz dependant on the input. It's 1080p so naturally I would want this projector over any of the DLP's that are currently available for 3D display.

For more info on this projector visit: http://www.epson.com.au/products/specs/ ... TW5000.pdf

But in short it says:

Driving method Poly-Silicon TFT Active Matrix
Native resolution 1080P Full HD (1920 x 1080)
Pixel number 6220800 px (1920 x 1080 px) x 3
Aspect ratio 16:9

Pixel arrangement Stripe
Refresh Rate 100Hz or 120Hz (based on input signal)

Please advise whether this projector is compatible with Nvidia 3D vision kit that I will run through my new Intel i7, Nvidia GTX295 PC which will be connected to my projector through my HD 7 Speaker Surround Amp.

Thanks for any advice! :shutter
icemanven
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by icemanven »

hi, i have edimensional 3d glasses with ddd, it works with a samsung 40" 650 series but lot of ghost image is on the screen, is there something to configure in order to reduce it.
and is there any method tu use this glases with nvidia new drivers?

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”