Ryse - Son of Rome new fix v2.0

masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Ryse - Son of Rome new fix v2.0

Post by masterotaku »

The game is currently on sale on Steam. I just got it (thanks, skyrimer, for telling me yesterday).
Thanks for the fix, DJ-RK :).
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Fix is up on the blog.

There are a few adjustments made since the last version posted in this thread, including:

-Toggle key for enabling/disabling all convergence presets should now work
-Adjustments made to 3D Zoom formula, creating diminishing returns on multiple subsequent zoom ins, and should prevent situations where convergence gets too high. Should also make the different zoom levels (Low, Medium, and High) more distinct from one another.

Therefore it is recommended anyone currently playing with the old fix to update.
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Great game. I now see where Hellblade gets its inspiration from, I found lots of similarities between them. It's simple but satisfying and well paced so that it doesn't really get boring. The framerate actually got a lot better after the first stage (Rome) and the game is gorgeous. Great fix DJ!
Look at this sh**:
Ryse012_100.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

AWESOME game so far, superior graphics and the fix is stellar, I love the new Zoom it really adds to an immersive experience :woot :woot :woot

This is a game that has to be played once in a while, just to drewl over the gorgeous 3D, so Mission accomplished DJ-RK, thanks a lot, appreciate your work !!
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

I just bought Ryse on Steam, it's on sale today for 2,49€. Gonna try the new patch out as soon as I have time :)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

DJ-RK wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:12 pm-Adjustments made to 3D Zoom formula, creating diminishing returns on multiple subsequent zoom ins, and should prevent situations where convergence gets too high. Should also make the different zoom levels (Low, Medium, and High) more distinct from one another.
You sir,
are either blessed or cursed with your fastidious personality :P
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

DJ-RK wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:12 pm Even with my super-charged 3D rig, I still say FPS down into the 30s, and had some pretty significant frame drops and stutters.
I have a similar rig to yours now and no matter what I tried the game was stuck at 30FPS and under. I tried editing the in-game settings and Nvidia profile
to no avail, console commands did not help either. I finally deleted the contents of the "LogBackups" folder and contents of the 302510 folder in the Steam
user data section (saves, etc..), now I get 60 FPS with some dips. I think this was caused by internal settings that were dialed into my old hardware. It seems
that the game did not reconfigure itself to my new hardware.

The thing is, when I opened the games console using the tilde key, I paged up and saw my old system specs.

Although it could be that deleting these files caused the previous editing I did to take affect.

Anyhow, back up your game saves prior to trying this.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

3DNovice wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:06 pm You sir,
are either blessed or cursed with your fastidious personality :P
You're absolutely correct that it is actually both a blessing and a curse!
3DNovice wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:10 pm
DJ-RK wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:12 pm Even with my super-charged 3D rig, I still say FPS down into the 30s, and had some pretty significant frame drops and stutters.
I have a similar rig to yours now and no matter what I tried the game was stuck at 30FPS and under. I tried editing the in-game settings and Nvidia profile
to no avail, console commands did not help either. I finally deleted the contents of the "LogBackups" folder and contents of the 302510 folder in the Steam
user data section (saves, etc..), now I get 60 FPS with some dips. I think this was caused by internal settings that were dialed into my old hardware. It seems
that the game did not reconfigure itself to my new hardware.

The thing is, when I opened the games console using the tilde key, I paged up and saw my old system specs.

Although it could be that deleting these files caused the previous editing I did to take affect.

Anyhow, back up your game saves prior to trying this.
Nice find. Did you already have Ryse installed on your HDD from a long time ago, or were those files preserved on the Steam cloud, maybe? I'll be sure to give it a try, maybe even do a frame capture comparison for fun. I've got an idea on how I might fix the smoke clipping after fixing something somewhat similar in Mass Effect, so I'm keen to fire it up again anyways. Maybe this weekend. Anyways thanks for the report!
Lysander wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:41 am Great game. I now see where Hellblade gets its inspiration from
Time for me to geek out and flex some of my gaming knowledge. I would actually suggest that Heavenly Blade, a PS3 exclusive title made by Ninja Theory (same studio that made Hellblade), was more likely to have been influential in Hellblade's combat mechanics, and overall tone & presentation. It was a decent game (but somewhat difficult) with a lot of production put into it's mocapped cinematics (also much like Hellblade), though didn't gain much popularity because it was labelled as a God of War clone at the time. Heck, I only just now realized the polarity in the names as well! Heavenly Blade and Hellblade, both made by the same studio. Think that ends the discussion right there, lol! Also, fun side note, I almost named my motorcycle Nariko, after the name of the protaganist of Heavenly Blade, since it's a red bike and I was trying to think of badass red-headed chicks, and she fits that calling!
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I used an external drive housing to transfer my game library (it basically turns your Hard Drive into a Flash drive, so to say), but I think it was Steam Cloud that was the culprit, I forgot to add that I disabled Cloud sync to relaunch the game and then played it a little bit to test. With Cloud sync disabled, the game complained that no progress would be saved, so I did have to re-enable it.
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External ... B0759567JT
Yah, ISP bandwidth caps FTL

I also just tried something else that really seemed to help framerate after looking at CryEngine 3 documentation.

I created an Autoexec.cfg in the main folder and added r_MultiThreaded=2
2=automatic detection multithreading

Now it seems much more fluid, no stuttering.I can see my second thread doing more work

I also saw it mentioned in the Steam forums that setting PhysX to the GPU helped with Framerates and stuttering. Bahh, I said, CryEngine
uses an in house proprietary Physics Engine. (Note: CryEngine 5.3 and up gives developers the options for Nvidia Physics)

But I'll be..., it helps, who would have thunk it?

Running ShadowPlay at the same time was also suggested to end stuttering, but I do not use GeForce Experience.

Anyhow, it's so much better now! If only there was a FOV slider :P

BTW: W10 1909 425.31 5800X 2080ti (no overclocks)
also in-game V-Sync and Lock FPS are dis-abled
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

So I got farther in the game and now I see more stuttering and heavy FPS dips, but at least I'm not maxed at 30 anymore and it's a little more fluid than before.
FFS, I was hoping my new PC would destroy this game. There's gotta be something that can be done to make it buttery smooth, perhaps a remake from the Devs, lol.
Perhaps when the sequel launches, if the rumors for Rysen 2 are true
https://gamerant.com/ryse-son-of-rome-2/

I also went into NVCP and set it from Quality to Performance, I'm not sure if it helped
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Fair enough DJ, makes sense. I didnt know about that game. It's Heavenly Sword btw : D
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Unfortunately, the game just crashes with geo-11 both via dx11 and dx9 output upon startup. Hopefully it's a small thing as this game might benefit a lot from geo-11 and looks spectacular.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Did you try with that?:
Chtiblue wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 pm Kai just suggested me another simplier workaround: just take the dxgi ddl from 3Digoto Github and just copy paste near the d3d11 dll inside the game exe folder and launh the game normally xD

https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases/tag/1.3.16
daspwan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by daspwan »

Cancel the [Include] help.ini file loading before entering the game, then switch it out and load help.ini again,It's will work , but the frame performance doesn't change much.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”