Grand theft Auto 4 - Helixmod Fix

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Grand theft Auto 4 - Helixmod Fix

Post by 3DNovice »

I mistakenly thought his other guide was to toggle Nvidia's crosshair overlay, so I did not link it.
But looking at it this morning, it's for Sniper Scopes and Iron Sights

GUIDE: How to bind a custom convergence/depth setting to Right mouse click [Gun sights/Sniper]
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/04/gu ... ustom.html

Anyhow, I'll toss this out there as well.
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Sorry for the confusion Mike, I have examined the "shadow issue" again, it's only visible when the dynamic shadow from the car "overlays" the fake one, that looks a little weird, but it's minor and probably not solve able anyway, so don't waste more time on that...

Great to see that the right mouse button will be implemented, damn I'll enjoy this game and suck every little side mission out of it :lol:

3DNovice @ Thanks for bringing up a solution, much appreciated !
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:10 am I mistakenly thought his other guide was to toggle Nvidia's crosshair overlay, so I did not link it.
But looking at it this morning, it's for Sniper Scopes and Iron Sights

GUIDE: How to bind a custom convergence/depth setting to Right mouse click [Gun sights/Sniper]
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/04/gu ... ustom.html

Anyhow, I'll toss this out there as well.
Thanks - I already worked this out last night and have implemented the right click toggle to put the cross-hair at depth. It works nice. I still can't believe I did not know this was implemented in the DLL so long ago, or perhaps I just completely forgot...

@Blacksmith60 - Thanks for looking at the shadows, I will keep an eye out, there may still be a shader in some location that needs fixing. Did you check the traffic lights, they work for me. Anyway, I will be posting an update shortly so you can try the latest. If that pans out I will push this to Helixblog.

Regarding Bloom - No updates on this, so they will remian disabled for now. I feel like there might be a solution, though, I can make a VS adjustment that stops lights shining through objects, but puts them at screen depth, but can't find a PS (yet) that is responsible for rendering them (and hence pushing them back into correct depth).
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

If only we could enable an Enb, I'm sure I was able to adjust the bloom so it didn't bleed through objects...

Regarding the new version, did you change the dll, if yes I'll try to see if it by any ridiculos luck is compatible with Enb :)
And yes the traffic lights works again.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I've no idea about ReShade or any new ENB stuff, but back in the day, I'm pretty sure that the older ENB stuff loaded with Helixmod.
You just had to set up a proxy that included the full file path to the second dll (the helixmod dll)

http://enbdev.com/doc_proxy_en.htm

Edit:

Perhaps SpecialK might do it as well? It was implemented in his early developmant of Agnostic Dragon for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, which later morphed into SpecialK

Proxy Injector Support
- Adds support for some third-party software like ENB that does not work unless it is `d3d9.dll` - Rename `d3d9.dll` and set `Injector=<...>` appropriately in `AgDrag.ini` - When injected as a proxy, the name of the INI file remains `d3d9.ini` - Fixes a few mini-map issues related to rotation
The standalone DLL is one that can proxy ENB

Edit d3d9.ini to include these extra lines

[Import.enbseries]
Filename=enbseries.dll
Architecture=Win32
Role=d3d9

masterotaku may have some insight into this, I think he uses it in some of his fixes.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I've already tried the old Proxy thing with both dll's...

But I didn't knew SpecialK has Proxy Injector Support, great I'll try it, thanks again !
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Hopefully it was ported over into Special K. If not his Agnostic Dragon was compatible with a few games AFAIK
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:15 pm I've no idea about ReShade or any new ENB stuff, but back in the day, I'm pretty sure that the older ENB stuff loaded with Helixmod.
You just had to set up a proxy that included the full file path to the second dll (the helixmod dll)
...back in the day I had ENB working with GTA4 as well. I have not tried with the current game, I plan on giving it a whirl next weekend. I have about 8 different helix Debug DLLs but only a few of them will support the Right Mouse Click feature, but I will try them out.
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:44 am Sorry for the confusion Mike, I have examined the "shadow issue" again, it's only visible when the dynamic shadow from the car "overlays" the fake one, that looks a little weird, but it's minor and probably not solve able anyway, so don't waste more time on that...

Great to see that the right mouse button will be implemented, damn I'll enjoy this game and suck every little side mission out of it :lol:

3DNovice @ Thanks for bringing up a solution, much appreciated !
I fixed the shadows under cars, and added the right mouse click. New version v0.5 here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruorkpq4btdj5 ... 5.rar?dl=0

If there are no additional issues, I will post this on Helixmod :anaglyph
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Congrats Mike! :woot
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Wauu.. You fixed the shadows under cars, and I love the right mouse feature, the fix is perfect in every aspect, IMO this will be a much delayed GOTY contender - Thank you so much Mike !!!

Now a lot of experimenting with textures and other mods awaits ;)

I've read somewhere that the game was developed with some very specific distance settings, it should be the optimal balance with wiev 42 and detail 80, ofc you can cranck it up as much as you like, but this otherwise great oldie is still quite taxing.....
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

A miracle just happened here !! :woot :woot :woot

After 2 two evenings with all kind of trial and errors, to get Enb or reshade working, something weird and great happened !
I try to explain it so you guys might be able to recreate it.

Download and install this mod, it installs alot of shaders https://www.nexusmods.com/gta4/mods/65

Can't we post pictures without uploading them in the sky somewhere ?

Post Edited: Just found this notice here http://www.skyrim-beautification-projec ... /index.htm that explains a thing or two :lol:
Remember to grab the textures while you are there !

If it still doesn't work, and you can't find any way to solve it:
Just remove delete "d3d9.dll", "d3d9.ini" and "Reshade.ini", but leave everything else. This will disable the shaders (AA, MXAO & bloom), but it will keep the natural colors and lighting
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Great, you found it, this famous mod! 8)

Did you test it with latest version 1.2.0.43?
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

mikear69 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 pm
Chtiblue wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:50 pm
mikear69 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:58 pm
The key for the convergence presets is "0".
the key "0" doesn't work here, perhaps because of the red text...
Hi Sorry about the red text - Blacksmith sorted it out for you I see. Regarding the "0" key:
- Press 0, then change the convergence to, say something low, and then press F7
- Then press 0 again (move to the other preset) and change the convergence to something high (pop out) and press F7
Then - repeated pressing 0 should show the convergence toggling. I think I may have put an ini file out with the same sep+conv on both presets...
If that does not work, it might be that there is no Nvidia profile enabled - there is a setting in NvidiaInspector, I think I had to set it to true from false. Look under section"7 -Stereo", and then value "StereoProfile" should be set to "yes".
Still problem with preset; can't get 0 switching between presets.
Enabling "Stereo profile" to in nvidia inspector allowed me to save conv with ctrl F7 which I couldn't before but that's all, no succes with creating presets with 0 key and F7...
The "0" key makes nothing here

Blacksmith60 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:59 pm A miracle just happened here !! :woot :woot :woot

After 2 two evenings with all kind of trial and errors, to get Enb or reshade working, something weird and great happened !

Download and install this mod, it installs alot of shaders https://www.nexusmods.com/gta4/mods/65

Post Edited: Just found this notice here http://www.skyrim-beautification-projec ... /index.htm that explains a thing or two :lol:

Just remove delete "d3d9.dll", "d3d9.ini" and "Reshade.ini", but leave everything else. This will disable the shaders (AA, MXAO & bloom), but it will keep the natural colors and lighting

Hourra it works fine!
Except I have amotion blur that I didn't have before... Need to find how to disable it!
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:03 am
Enabling "Stereo profile" to in nvidia inspector allowed me to save conv with ctrl F7 which I couldn't before but that's all, no succes with creating presets with 0 key and F7...
Hi - I am at a loss here, it's working for me. My hail mary question is to check that we are talking about the same "0" key - its the one on the keyboard top row, not the one on the Numpad.
Blacksmith60 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:59 pm A miracle just happened here !! :woot :woot :woot

Can you let me know how you made this work? What specific ini file entries you used? I tried DLL forwarding in both directions:
- Having Helix dll as the master and forwarding to reshade: game would not launch
- Having reshade as the master and forwarding to helix did not work, it gave me a wired top-bottom view, except it was not quite top bottom, it was more top-left bottom-right and as you change separation the images move along the diagonal, I have never ever seen this before. ALSO DOES THIS EVEN WITHOUT THE HELIX DLL, just bog standard 3D Vision

I am on the 1.2.0.43 game version, so perhaps that's my issue...
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

mikear69 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 pm
Chtiblue wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:03 am
Hi - I am at a loss here, it's working for me. My hail mary question is to check that we are talking about the same "0" key - its the one on the keyboard top row, not the one on the Numpad
Hey I was on the numpad :lol: , that should be it, I'll test and report back!
Last edited by Chtiblue on Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

mikear69 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 pm I am on the 1.2.0.43 game version, so perhaps that's my issue...
It works perfect with 1.2.0.43 game version following this instruction and the specific install order:
http://www.skyrim-beautification-projec ... /index.htm
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:13 pm
mikear69 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 pm I am on the 1.2.0.43 game version, so perhaps that's my issue...
It works perfect with 1.2.0.43 game version following this instruction and the specific install order:
http://www.skyrim-beautification-projec ... /index.htm
OK great - I guess I should have read the instructions lol :shock: Fingers crossed...
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Yep make a back up of the game before.
Only problem is it installs a motion blur we do not want in 3Dvision 8)
I didn't find the way to disable it for now
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

@ Mike, it works here with 1.2.0.43 just copy / paste all files except the 2 ini's and the dll, overwrite every thing.
You doesn't need any additionel textures or anything else, and only dll present should be yours.

I've tried proxylib both ways, wrappers, SpecialK and EnbInjector, no dice, so the only known solution is the above, but it's not bad at all :)

@Chtiblue, I've tried to install the mod twice, both times ZERO motion blur is enabled, so it's a problem in your end.
The presets also works perfect here, so again, it's in your end ;)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:44 am @ Mike, it works here with 1.2.0.43 just copy / paste all files except the 2 ini's and the dll, overwrite every thing.
You doesn't need any additionel textures or anything else, and only dll present should be yours.

I've tried proxylib both ways, wrappers, SpecialK and EnbInjector, no dice, so the only known solution is the above, but it's not bad at all :)

@Chtiblue, I've tried to install the mod twice, both times ZERO motion blur is enabled, so it's a problem in your end.
So It should be in the 2ini's and dll that I have pasted, do you have the original ones so I don't need to reinstall the game?
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

They don't overwrite anything just remove them.

I've just downloaded a few textures, my game dir now says 33GB :woot
Running with DSRx4 no smooth and MFA in NVVP, and it's ultra sharp, with an average 55 fps according to the test.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

:woot 34GB here
Blacksmith60 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:14 pm
Running with DSRx4 no smooth and MFA in NVVP, and it's ultra sharp, with an average 55 fps according to the test.
I suppose you are playing in FHD?
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Nope - 1440x2560 x 4 :D

Did you get rid of the blur ?

Any textures in particular you can recommend ?
I found Better City textures rather good...
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

I made a few updates to the fix, v0.6:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rs0rkt2g5u6ie ... 6.rar?dl=0

- Fixed some remaining lighting issues (barely noticeable in the first place, but made me feel better)
- Fixed an issue with shadows on rare occasions rendering incorrectly - was do with ViewMatrix buffer copying, and occasionally there was no ViewMatrix copied, so I extended this
- NEW FEATURE: put window reflections at depth in the window, so they appear 'behind' the window, and more realistic. Also reflections on cars. This is a "fudge', since the game itself does not do "accurate" reflections in the first place (they are just pasted onto the window), but I think it still looks much better. If you don't like it I can maybe add a toggle - I was thinking of adding a toggle for Bloom as well.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Mike, you just added an extra 50% WOW factor here !!

I just love the realistic windows, it makes a big difference, and the cars glossines looks far more realistic, they actually has depht now :woot
Absolutely no need for for toggling that IMO, but maybe a bloom toggle could come in handy.

What a masterpiece you brought us here - THANKS again
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:11 pm Nope - 1440x2560 x 4 :D

I didn't check the blur, maybe tomorrow

For mods I only followed the instructions here (http://www.skyrim-beautification-projec ... /index.html) and it looks pretty awesome. I'll check tomorrow if removing the 2 ini's didn't downgrade it too much because of missing some reshade's fx then... IT works perfect with the 2ini's except this f---in' motion blur, this motion blur should be in one of the ini's, I'll have to search for...

Thanks Mike, I can't wait to try your fix V0.6 :woot
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

mikear69 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:53 pm - NEW FEATURE: put window reflections at depth in the window, so they appear 'behind' the window, and more realistic. Also reflections on cars. This is a "fudge', since the game itself does not do "accurate" reflections in the first place (they are just pasted onto the window), but I think it still looks much better. If you don't like it I can maybe add a toggle - I was thinking of adding a toggle for Bloom as well.
I didn't play the game yet, but now I know it's going to look great thanks to you :). Specular reflections deserve the effort because it's in great part what makes games look more "real" to me. It's just like how reflections behave in real life, not sticking to the surface of geometry.

In general, old games use flat cubemaps that don't have any depth information, so they remain at full depth when stereoized (except when the geometry surface isn's flat). Still cool to me. In modern games they even make pretty convincing effects with real depth.

Even if Nvidia doesn't agree in their PDF documentation, I think it's important to stereoize these things (parallax occlusion mapping is usually very similar to stereoize) whenever it's possible.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Chtiblue wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:57 pm
Blacksmith60 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:11 pm Nope - 1440x2560 x 4 :D

I didn't check the blur, maybe tomorrow

For mods I only followed the instructions here (http://www.skyrim-beautification-projec ... /index.html) and it looks pretty awesome. I'll check tomorrow if removing the 2 ini's didn't downgrade it too much because of missing some reshade's fx then... IT works perfect with the 2ini's except this f---in' motion blur, this motion blur should be in one of the ini's, I'll have to search for...

Thanks Mike, I can't wait to try your fix V0.6 :woot
I don't think the ini's has anything to do with it, infact when removing the dll there's no reshade, which the ini's refers to...

But how does it work then... well it replaces some textures, the weather system, some light and possibly other things, what you don't get is the reshade shaders.

But if you dig in the files from the mod, try to look in the pc/data/Dof version, there you'll find an alternative timecyc.dat.
It isn't replaced in my game, but just maybe that could have happened in your game, so just try replace it with the normal timecyc.dat :)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:35 am
But if you dig in the files from the mod, try to look in the pc/data/Dof version, there you'll find an alternative timecyc.dat.
It isn't replaced in my game, but just maybe that could have happened in your game, so just try replace it with the normal timecyc.dat :)
The original game doesn't have a Dof versio folder nor timecyc.dat

edit it changes nothing to delete it

edit 2 in fact it's perhaps not a motion blur, it seems I only have when game is loading streaming textures
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Oh yes, the original game has a timecyc.dat, it controls a lot of things like weather, sun, skyes and all sorts of lightning, it might be the most important file in GTA :) and it can be found in pc/data...
The Dof version folder comes from the mod ! and is an alternative for those who wants it...

Edit: Don't you use OpenIV ? Otherwise you can't install most mods properly...
Edit: Have you defination set to on in graphics settings ?
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:46 am Oh yes, the original game has a timecyc.dat, it controls a lot of things like weather, sun, skyes and all sorts of lightning, it might be the most important file in GTA :) and it can be found in pc/data...
The Dof version folder comes from the mod ! and is an alternative for those who wants it...

Ok for timecyc, I'll check if the original was replaced
Yes I used openIV to install mode.
Where is the definition option? I didn't find it in french
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Chtiblue wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:55 am
Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:46 am Oh yes, the original game has a timecyc.dat, it controls a lot of things like weather, sun, skyes and all sorts of lightning, it might be the most important file in GTA :) and it can be found in pc/data...

Just above V-sync, it must be on otherwise it's a blurry hell :)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:21 pm
Chtiblue wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:55 am

Just above V-sync, it must be on otherwise it's a blurry hell :)
That's was it man because those suckers translated "definition" to "profondeur de champ" which means "Depth Of Field", that's why I disabled!!! :twisted:
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

@Mike, I'm very curious about the bloom thing, how/where did you disable it, I guess the entry with Bloom and this vs [VS757686FB] is your attempt on fixing it, but I see no disabled shaders anywhere atleast not in the way I'm familar with...

Could you elaborate it a little bit - thanks :)
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:13 am @Mike, I'm very curious about the bloom thing, how/where did you disable it, I guess the entry with Bloom and this vs [VS757686FB] is your attempt on fixing it, but I see no disabled shaders anywhere atleast not in the way I'm familar with...

@Blacksmith60 Yeah that's the VS that I disable, its at the end of the shader:

Code: Select all

mul r0, r4.y, c9
    mad r0, r4.x, c8, r0
    mad r0, r4.z, c10, r0
	//add o0, r0, c11
//add r10, r0, c11
//texldl r24, c201.z, s2
//add r24.y, r10.w, -r24.y
//mul r24.x, r24.x, r24.y
//add r10.x, r10.x, -r24.x		
//mov o0, r10	               <-- HERE

mul r0.xyz, r4.w, v1
    mul o2.xyz, r0, v2.y

mov o1.x, v2.x
    mov o1.y, v1.w

The stereo fix code I have in there simply brings the bloom to screen depth, as a precursor to fixing the depth in a Pixel Shader. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the pixel shader that actually renders the bloom lighting, hence it remains disabled. You can go in and edit the shader
- uncomment just the "mov o0, r10" line to turn bloom back on, or
- uncomment all the lines to see the bloom at screen depth
You will note that when bloom is at screen depth, there is NO bleeding through objects, but it just looks wrong in a different way (and worse that shining through stuff, in my view). If I can find the damn PS that renders the bloom, it may well be possible to fix. But stepping through shaders with the DLL does not identify any PS, so I found every shader with a "bloom" sampler and systematically disabled parts to see what had any effect, all to no avail. There may be some issue with these PS shaders that the DLL is not handling it correctly, I really don't know. There is one shader for HDR that makes everything look blue when disabled, which had no obvious "bloom" component, but breaking that down and disabling bits also did not affect the rendered bloom.
I may come back to this in a few weeks, but I think I spent about 20hrs of my life on this one feature so far, so I need some space from it... ;-)
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

mikear69 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:27 pm
Blacksmith60 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:13 am @Mike, I'm very curious about the bloom thing, how/where did you disable it, I guess the entry with Bloom and this vs [VS757686FB] is your attempt on fixing it, but I see no disabled shaders anywhere atleast not in the way I'm familar with...

mul r0, r4.y, c9
    mad r0, r4.x, c8, r0
    mad r0, r4.z, c10, r0
	//add o0, r0, c11
//add r10, r0, c11
//texldl r24, c201.z, s2

mul r0.xyz, r4.w, v1
    mul o2.xyz, r0, v2.y

mov o1.x, v2.x
    mov o1.y, v1.w

The stereo fix code I have in there simply brings the bloom to screen depth, as a precursor to fixing the depth in a Pixel Shader. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the pixel shader that actually renders the bloom lighting, hence it remains disabled. You can go in and edit the shader
You will note that when bloom is at screen depth, there is NO bleeding through objects, but it just looks wrong in a different way (and worse that shining through stuff, in my view). If I can find the damn PS that renders the bloom, it may well be possible to fix. But stepping through shaders with the DLL does not identify any PS, so I found every shader with a "bloom" sampler and systematically disabled parts to see what had any effect, all to no avail. There may be some issue with these PS shaders that the DLL is not handling it correctly, I really don't know. There is one shader for HDR that makes everything look blue when disabled, which had no obvious "bloom" component, but breaking that down and disabling bits also did not affect the rendered bloom.
I may come back to this in a few weeks, but I think I spent about 20hrs of my life on this one feature so far, so I need some space from it... ;-)
Perfectly understandable :)

I tried to uncomment the line and nothing happened, then I realized that the reshade/ mod injects its own bloom among other things, and therefore obviously disables the vanilla one...
But we use it without the dll (you know why) so now we have a game without bloom, if we could only proxy that damn dll, it could have been fun to see if reshades bloom was fixable !

I guess you havent tried the mod yet, together with your fix it makes all the difference, and I'm happy with as it is, so don't spend more time on that bloom, we can easely do without it.

Thanks for the clarification and the fix :)
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:05 pm
mikear69 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:27 pm

mul r0, r4.y, c9
    mad r0, r4.x, c8, r0
    mad r0, r4.z, c10, r0
	//add o0, r0, c11
//add r10, r0, c11
//texldl r24, c201.z, s2

mul r0.xyz, r4.w, v1
    mul o2.xyz, r0, v2.y

mov o1.x, v2.x
    mov o1.y, v1.w

Perfectly understandable :)

I tried to uncomment the line and nothing happened, then I realized that the reshade/ mod injects its own bloom among other things, and therefore obviously disables the vanilla one...
But we use it without the dll (you know why) so now we have a game without bloom, if we could only proxy that damn dll, it could have been fun to see if reshades bloom was fixable !

I guess you havent tried the mod yet, together with your fix it makes all the difference, and I'm happy with as it is, so don't spend more time on that bloom, we can easely do without it.

Thanks for the clarification and the fix :)
Well I'll be damned, I had a brainwave, and fixed Bloom :-) New update, v0.7:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvpp38o77qsex ... 7.rar?dl=0

The fix was all in the VS, I should have realised because all the texture sampling was going on there.

I can now officially put myself out to pasture. Or play the game. I will give the reshade/ENB mod another go this weekend, now that bloom is working I kinda don't want to lose it, it shines things up.
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:44 am @ Mike, it works here with 1.2.0.43 just copy / paste all files except the 2 ini's and the dll, overwrite every thing.

I got this working using the ProxyLib function in the helix DX9Settings.ini file, pointing to the reshade dll. I created a subfolder called "RESHADE" and put all reshade files and folders in there, then in the DX9Settings.ini file put a full path reference to the rehsade d3d9.dll file (so did not need to rename it, which fails), and it all worked. I can use the helix debugger and I have the reshade menu (by pressing "end"). And the stereo Bloom fix I did, still applies. The only problem is that all of the special effects in reshade, like "magicbloom" and so on mess up the rendering like I described before, the stereo offset is diagonal. Turning them all off makes it render correctly in stereo again. I am not sure how much of reshade I am using in this scenario, though there is a lot more shiny reflective stuff on the ground, and the daytime lighting is much nicer and more natural (not so yellowy and dim) so I guess its still doing something. I'll have a tweak with the settings later, its all a wee bit dark for me right now, and the bloom is less bloomy than default etc.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”