[3D-Fix] Watch Dogs: Legion [DX11] - V 2.00

Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: [3D-Fix] Watch Dogs: Legion [DX11] - V 1.01

Post by Losti »

The fix is released now, i have updated the first post of this thread for this. Please ENJOY!
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

awesome news! does anyone know if the uplay+ version (re-branded to Ubisoft Plus now) works just the same with 3D fixes? I know it uses a separate .exe to launch when you use ubisoft+ subscription, but assume it all works the same once launched.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:13 pm awesome news! does anyone know if the uplay+ version (re-branded to Ubisoft Plus now) works just the same with 3D fixes? I know it uses a separate .exe to launch when you use ubisoft+ subscription, but assume it all works the same once launched.
Version History
- V.1.10 - 14.03.2021
----------- Fixed some crash due to some ShaderRegEx related to Auto Convergence
----------- AutoConvergence feature removed due to its performance impact using RegEx
----------- 1 Shadow i have found that was not fix is fixed now
----------- Enabled V-Sync in driver profile (with FPS limit 58) for fixing screen tearing, configured to ensure 100 % GPU usage as before without V-Sync in V 1.00
----------- Added a link here in the performance section i have missed to add, that you shoud follow!
Losti

Re: [3D-Fix] Watch Dogs: Legion [DX11] [Fix Release in Progress]

Post by Losti »

Boblenon wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:16 pm Hello, i test 3d fix on watch dog 2 and its really amazing, thanks a lot helix team and great job! I dont understand why Nvidia canceled 3d vision service...
Because there are simply too few 3D vision users and far too few games that work flawlessly in 3D by default. Without 3D shader hackers, that would have ended sooner, and even with 3D fixes, you don't see much response to the topic. Game devs just wasn't interested in 3d as it seems, means they do not make their games 3DV-Ready. For nvidia it is not worth it to continue the whole thing, for which, let me estimate, 1000 3DV users left ???
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: [3D-Fix] Watch Dogs: Legion [DX11] - V 1.10

Post by Shift-E »

PSA: Watch Dogs Legion is FREE to play this weekend.

The preload is up on Uplay and Epic. You can test out Losti's 3D fix, or at the very least if you have a RTX card I would recommend checking it out just for the ray tracing. Can really look stunning at night when the roads are wet..
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Oh, thx for this info! Now I see what kind of performance I can get on my setup.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks for the SUPERB fix, Losti. Just started the game, but the fix (including V1.14 update) is flawless so far. Note that the Video settings for the game include a Benchmark test, enabling the overall performance for a user's selected settings to be tested in several environments (game performance will likely drive most users graphics settings). HDR mode also works with Losti’s great fix.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

The sole problem I have found so far with this excellent fix appears only in a cut scene in the London's Protectors mission, during the part when you are to destroy Nigel's tank. Some tank objects appear in one eye only, but only during the cut scene. Losti, if you have any interest in looking at this minor issue, I have provided a save point for the beginning of this unique battle with Nigel - see Legion save data at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3KmzfSn6ND.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:13 am The sole problem I have found so far with this excellent fix appears only in a cut scene in the London's Protectors mission, during the part when you are to destroy Nigel's tank. Some tank objects appear in one eye only, but only during the cut scene. Losti, if you have any interest in looking at this minor issue, I have provided a save point for the beginning of this unique battle with Nigel - see Legion save data at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3KmzfSn6ND.
Tank you for reporting. Ill check this if i return back to the game :woot

I am pretty sure that you can ix this by your own if you want. That i am nealy sure is a false pos VS-fix. The Fix is configured in that way that the user easily can fix those things.

-open d3dx.ini
-change huntung=0 to hunting=1
-start the game
-cycle through the vertex shaders using NUMPAD 4/5
-the hunting mode should be ORIGINAL, means you will see the original apperance for the cycled shaders
-the effect that is wrong should switch to OK in depth if you reach it by cycling
-once you have fond a VS that makes the wrong thing OK, just press NUMPAD6, the effect is as NOT beeing fixed
-exit the game
-open d3dx.ini
-change huntung=1 to hunting=0
Last edited by Losti on Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks for the feedback, Losti.

When doing shader hunting via UE4 .cmd , how does one reset VS or PS (opposite) setting when switching between PS and VS hunting? I restarted game between VS and PS hunting. Is there a more efficient method? Thanks again for your world-class work...
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:53 am Thanks for the feedback, Losti.

When doing shader hunting via UE4 .cmd , how does one reset VS or PS (opposite) setting when switching between PS and VS hunting? I restarted game between VS and PS hunting. Is there a more efficient method? Thanks again for your world-class work...
I dont know what you mean with via UE4 .cmd, because this file should not be available in the WDL fix and if you mean the config tool from unreal engine 4 universal fix 2, its NOT working with WDL. May i understand you wrong?

Hunting with 3DMigoto can be enabled changing this entry in the d3dx.ini (hunting=0) to (hunting=1), without () of course. There is no difference in hunting PS/VS. Use NUMPAD4/5 to cycle (backwards/forwads) the VSs and NUMPAD1/2 (backwards/forwads) for hunt pixel shaders. To save the shader press NUMPAD6 for VS and NUMPAD3 for PS. You than have the shader saved in the ShaderFixes folder of your game.

BUT: This is not the thing you need to fix the reported issue in WDL, i am pretty sure as i wrote, that this is an issue of a FALSE POSITIVE VS-SHADOW-Fix. To fix this, the intention here is to simply remove the applyed fix. To make it easy for you/me, the marking_mode in d3dx.ini for this game is set to "marking_mode=original". This means, cycling to the shaders with NUMPAD4/5 will RESTORE the view of the shaders like its UNFIXED. THis means, if you cycle the VS sahders in WDL, and you reach the shader that draws your reported issue, the EFFECT should be OK until you hold on on this hunted shader. I have changed the SAVE options in WDL to "marking_actions = clipboard asm stereo_snapshot snapshot_if_pink" in d3dx.ini. This means, that ref. to the save of the shader, its beeing saved in its original unmodified state without any fix. If a shader is present in ShaderFixes folder, its beeing skipped from any fix/touch by RegEx. As a result, if you now cycle through the shaders again or disable hunting, the shader remains UNFIXED. Thats what we need here to "fix" it because the prev. apllyed fix was WRONG and the shader do not needs the applied correction. WDL has MANY MANY shaders that NEEDS and many that NOT NEEDS a correction in the VS. I have made over 30 RegEx for this SKIPP/NOT SKIPP corrections but thats only....after many hors of playing/fixing, 98 % matching OK. Means it can happen that some shadows are flipping in depth (those shaders needs a fix but are not that annoying because they should be very rare and not completely UNFIXED but flipping from OK/NOT ok in dependency of the camera/FOV), and it can happen that a TEXTURE is @ screen depth because a fix was applyed (removed stereo correction by the driver) thats more annoying. As i wrote, in your case i am pretty sure that this is the issue you reported here.

MEANS just do the things written above:

-open d3dx.ini
-change huntung=0 to hunting=1
-start the game
-cycle through the vertex shaders using NUMPAD 4/5
-the hunting mode should be ORIGINAL, means you will see the original apperance for the cycled shaders
-the effect that is wrong should switch to OK in depth if you reach it by cycling
-once you have fond a VS that makes the wrong thing OK, just press NUMPAD6, the effect is as NOT beeing fixed
-exit the game
-open d3dx.ini
-change huntung=1 to hunting=0
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Sorry for the confusion, Losti. I had just started The Medium (and finished Legion's excellent campaign story), and my question was really about troubleshooting that game.

Going back and troubleshooting the game's MANY VS shaders in hunting mode, the attached 2 files, added to the ShaderFixes folder, correct the cutscene problem with Nigel's tank (these are the only additions from shader hunting process). First, delete .txt from downloaded .bin file name before adding to ShaderFixes folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:43 pm Sorry for the confusion, Losti. I had just started The Medium (and finished Legion's excellent campaign story), and my question was really about troubleshooting that game.

Going back and troubleshooting the game's MANY VS shaders in hunting mode, the attached 2 files, added to the ShaderFixes folder, correct the cutscene problem with Nigel's tank (these are the only additions from shader hunting process). First, delete .txt from downloaded .bin file name before adding to ShaderFixes folder.
The bin is not needed ist just a cache file that will ne created Instant itselfe if the Shader ja used.

So you have done as i wrote as i can see and its fixed? Thanks. Ill ad this to the fix.
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: [3D-Fix] Watch Dogs: Legion [DX11] - V 2.00

Post by Boblenon »

Great fix thank you

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”