Resident Evil 3

masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Resident Evil 3

Post by masterotaku »

Thanks for testing, schwing. I'll check that crash with logging enabled. Maybe it's a TextureOverride causing it.
schwing wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:44 am A mirror reflection is broken when the game transitions into third-person mode and thereafter.
Mirrors are a different thing from other effects. I just have to find the shader and apply the same fix as in RE2.
schwing wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:44 am Smoke coming out of the right side of a cop car is 2D (right before the helicopter).
Expected. In the demo I found a lot of 2D shaders that just needed stereoization in the SV_POSITION output. I'll try to make a regex for this.
schwing wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:44 amThe lens flare of the helicopter's light is 2D. It's easier to see the second time you encounter the helicopter.
Also expected, maybe. New lens flare shader then.

Since last night I finally have the game (and Resistance). However, DJ-RK and I are fixing FFXV at the moment. It's nearly done (practically everything is fixed right now, and a lot better than the WIP fix). I may need two or three more days of focusing on FFXV before I start working on RE3... unless my curiosity grows bigger and I try to handle both games at the same time (50% chance).
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Has someone already finished the game using the demo fix (a friend of mine played the PS4 version in a very casual/relaxed way and was done in under 7 hours)?
If yes would you recommend waiting for the final fix or are the issues so insignificant that the demo fix will be just fine?
edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edwardsean »

Definitely, play with the demo fix. I've already played through a few times with it. I'm sure Masterotaku is a perfectionist and wants the fix to be polished without any defects. I'm waiting for the final fix too. However, the demo fix is just awesome and nothing really seems off unless you're looking to find it.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Thanks alot edwardsean for the quick answer! Noting's holding me back now.....
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

edwardsean wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:43 am I'm sure Masterotaku is a perfectionist and wants the fix to be polished without any defects.
Yes. As schwing said, there are at least a few things that need fixing that I know how to fix. I just have to play and find the effects.

Being a short game... the RE3 fix may be ready this weekend (thanks to the holidays). I'm close to finishing the main story of FFXV, and then there are the DLC episodes, which are supposed to be short.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Finally working on this game, officially. I made a few regexes for 2D elements, fixed something that affecting volumetric lighting, fixed lighting clipping perfectly (I still have to make a regex for this), and I'm working on the mirror in third person view.

Now I need some sleep. I'll keep you informed.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Mirror: fixed.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

What you gonna do when masterotaku runs wild on you!? Seriously masterotaku, could it be you are going SUPER SAIYAN right now!?
I mean you just finished the masterpiece Final Fantasy XV (with DJ-RK) and instead of calming down a little bit you unleash the stage 2 afterburner!

But who am I to complain! I am already enjoying RE3 Remake with your nearly perfect demo fix......
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I almost never calm down :p.

I'm nearing the end of the game. You can expect the fix soon. Maybe in two days, but for sure before the end of the weekend.

I have to try Resistance, though. I don't know what to expect or if I can play with bots to stop and fix things.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Saw it dropped in price on CDkeys ($52 vs 62 CAD they've had it at until now, vs $80 on Steam) so picked it up in preparation for the fix, even if it might be a week or so out before I get around to actually playing it.

If you need a group of people to queue up with to work on Resistance, I'd be happy to help with that. You know where to find me if you need it. Too bad only 4 survivors could queue up together, and you couldn't have a 5'th friend to also queue to play as the mastermind, that would make things a lot easier.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

The fix is up: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/04/r ... -evil.html

I've updated the OP with that link. Direct link to the file in case something happens: https://masterotaku.s3.amazonaws.com/Re ... ion_fix.7z

@DJ-RK: I didn't need to enter any multiplayer mode in Resistance. It has a practice mode where you can give yourself invincibility and a lot of time to explore. I fixed some extra shaders in it, checking all maps (not all of their sections, though).
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

masterotaku wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:12 pm The fix is up: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/04/r ... -evil.html

I've updated the OP with that link. Direct link to the file in case something happens: https://masterotaku.s3.amazonaws.com/Re ... ion_fix.7z

@DJ-RK: I didn't need to enter any multiplayer mode in Resistance. It has a practice mode where you can give yourself invincibility and a lot of time to explore. I fixed some extra shaders in it, checking all maps (not all of their sections, though).

Saw the screenshots, wow! You did great work!
edwardsean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edwardsean »

I thought it looked good with the old fix from RE2. Now, that it's fixed properly for RE3, I'm even more amazed.

This is just spectacular work and the game looks next level in 3D.

Thank you!
romulus2K4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by romulus2K4 »

Hi, I have a question.

How do I keep the Sharpening enabled by default, so that I don't have to toggle it on every time I start the game? Thank you in advance.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

romulus2K4 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:24 pmHow do I keep the Sharpening enabled by default, so that I don't have to toggle it on every time I start the game? Thank you in advance.
In "d3dx.ini". You know it's the F4 hotkey, so search that. Then you'll find this:

Code: Select all

[Key4]
Key = no_modifiers F4
type = toggle
z10 = 1
It sets "z10" to "1". Search for "z10" and you'll find the "z10=0" line, with instructions above it. Set it to 1 there, and optionally change the toggle hotkey to the 0 value, to be able to disable it ingame.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

hey guys, horror games is not my cup of tea but i see some bikini outfit mods for jill and thought wow horror games isn't so bad with this kind of level design :), so with these super protective outfits does the 3d fix still works ?
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

I don't have an answer for you for3donly (I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with body replacement mods and skins), but figured I'd mention to those that don't follow the blog too closely that there was an update to the RE3 fix recently that I had contributed toward.

While playing through the game using masterotaku's amazing work I was able to implement autoconvergence into RE3, which really make cutscenes look amazing in 3D (maintaining optimal convergence in every scene) as well as help keep things comfortable during gameplay zoom ins(during enemy grab attacks, crawling through tight spaces, etc). I was also able to make improvements to the autodepth HUD, so each item can have their own individual depth without stretching and distorting the icons. I provided him with my work and he's added that to the official fix.

I also subsequently updated RE2 with it as well, though he hasn't updated that fix yet, so if people want to see that as well let us know! (either I can provide a standalone patch or if you bug MO enough he might add it to the official fix too... but if no one cares, then so be it :p)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Congrats Dj-RK :)
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Bug me, DJ-RK :p. I'll update the RE2 fix. But I'm very close to finishing the Dragon Quest Heroes fix, and I already started The Wonderful 101 fix. I was just busy with other non gaming stuff the last two days, screwing up my plans.

Just wait for a bit more.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

I figured you were either busy and/or forgot about RE2. Regardless, it is an older game now, so I figured why don't we see if anyone actually cares enough for it before making you have to go through the effort of getting it updated on the blog.

On that same token, people, this should also be possible to hook up in Devil May Cry 5 (and probably even RE7, but I don't think it'll be a good fit for a 1st person game, so we'll ignore that). I haven't bothered loading that up yet to update that as well, so if you want to see autoconvergence in that game too then let me know.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

DJ-RK, outfits mod works fine with RE 2 in 3D. I use current 3dfm 1.752 so no autoconverge yet i think. I'm certainly interested in the update version of the fix and looking forward to having it downloaded. I don't have RE3 yet, will see if I like re2 efore making the jump.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

Hey masterotaku, thanks for the RE2 3d fix, I've just sent you little something via paypal as a token of my appreciation.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

To get pop out HUD/subtitles: (in d3dx.ini)

;Static HUD depth presets.
[Key2]
Key = no_modifiers F2
back = shift F2
type = cycle
x = -0.1, -0.2, -0.3, -0.4, -0.5, 0
transition = 150
transition_type = cosine

This way, no window violation. ;)
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Just installed the demo and the fix is looking frickin awesome - congratulations, masterotaku.
Wanted to check if anyone came up with any tweaks for the FPS drop in outdoors areas? I run full 60 3D maxed-out (high textures+shadows) until the street and then even on lowest settings it's 30-40. I read it's a driver limitation but just wanted to check if, by chance, someone came upon a tweak.

Thank you!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Lysander wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:18 pm I read it's a driver limitation but just wanted to check if, by chance, someone came upon a tweak.
No tweaks. It is what it is, a CPU bottleneck caused by the way 3D Vision duplicates frames.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Thx
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Marin3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marin3D »

I just tried this brilliant 3D fix, WOW! The visuals are on par with Shadow of the Tomb Raider! my 3D favorite. The Patch is perfect! thank you so much Masterotaku!

It' sad that 3D vision is in its prime and discontinued, best visuals ever, decent framerate with RTX GPU's and top notch patches. To me nothing beats 27" 1440p monitor in 3D vision yet. I have Helixvision and although its clear that the next batch of hires HMD is going to be pretty good, (i have had a few demos), its not as refined as 3D VISION yet.

Thanks so much, incredible work!
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Marin3D wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:53 am To me nothing beats 27" 1440p monitor in 3D vision yet.
Long time beaten beaten by TV 4K Oled in 3Dvision ;)
Marin3D wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:53 am I have Helixvision and although its clear that the next batch of hires HMD is going to be pretty good, its not as refined as 3D VISION yet.
Agreed I sold my Reverb G1 and will probably buy the Reverb G2 for the little improvements but we'll need to wait another one or two VR generations to get VR 6K or VR 8k to match with the definition & resolution of 3Dvision.

4k Reverb G1 in VR (or Helixmod) is perfect for near object/world but soon you are looking far away it lacks definition...
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:14 pm
Marin3D wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:53 am To me nothing beats 27" 1440p monitor in 3D vision yet.
Long time beaten beaten by TV 4K Oled in 3Dvision ;)
Marin3D wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:53 am I have Helixvision and although its clear that the next batch of hires HMD is going to be pretty good, its not as refined as 3D VISION yet.
Agreed I sold my Reverb G1 and will probably buy the Reverb G2 for the little improvements but we'll need to wait another one or two VR generations to get VR 6K or VR 8k to match with the definition & resolution of 3Dvision.

4k Reverb G1 in VR (or Helixmod) is perfect for near object/world but soon you are looking far away it lacks definition...
Interesting reading this. I guess I'll build up some patience and hold off on getting VR and just go through the 3DV backlog. If 8K is what we're waiting for here, I'm guessing it's gonna be 5 years at least for anything reasonably priced to push 2x8K at 90fps. Or I'll need to try a good demo somewhere and see if I can tolerate the current gen.
Marin3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marin3D »

@Lysander, well its personal preference I guess, I tried a 3D vision projector and have a 3D 4k OLED. The immersion is probably better on large format but i love intricate detail and my PG27VQ jut gives me the most :woot

Jill @ environment is freaking detailed in RE 3.

Cheers!
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Textures in RE3 are awesome 13Go for the Vram ! In Metro Exodus the max is 4.5Go...

NextGen consoles will raise the PC graphics.
16Go for PS5 and XBSX (Shared).

3080 get 10Go or 20Go and 3090 get 24Go...

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”