Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by bobisz »

Necropants wrote:Do you use acronis?
Unfortunately no, but thanks for the tip nonetheless. Up until a good couple of windows updates ago windows defender used to cause performance hogs like this, but I no longer see its icon among the processes for a while now.

I will try to mix-match the fixes as DJ suggested, but I'd hate to lose the dynamic convergence because it's awesome. Maybe I'll try a complete driver reinstall as well.
Last edited by bobisz on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Thank you so much for working on this, DJ-RK! And sharing the results with us.
I did not get a chance to try any of your recent work output, like BLOPS and this one, but I for once am so thankful and excited to see you interested in these great games.
There so few single player games (and even less in the Star Wars universe) that get released nowadays, and to have one like Fallen Order be fixed in 3D, so quickly, it's really a big privilege (and a huge temptation to buy it full price, which I tend to avoid damn it LOL!)
THANK YOU!!!
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Sigh... Another fullprice game this month, my whife kills me anytime soon, but on the other hand it's much appreciated THANKS :)
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Pro-tip for those still yet to play this: This is available though EA Origin Premier access. So instead of paying $60 for it, you could pay $15 for 1 month of EA Origin Premier access and play through it within that month instead. That's admittedly what I did, since I already wasted my games purchasing fund by buying RDR2. On top of getting to play Jedi: Fallen Order, there's also a ton of other good games to play on EA Origin Premier, like you could also play my new NFS: Heat fix as well. ;)

Necropants wrote:Ok yeah there is something wrong in my install because it's not just the cutscene. Guess will try a clean install with your latest wip

screenshot attached please correct me if this looks normal. (rename to jps)
Ok, I have an idea what that could be. What game settings are you playing on? I was playing on all Epic during the first stage. There is one shader that I still haven't made a regex for (not because I can't, just haven't gotten around to it because it wasn't necessary for me yet), so it could be that is only fixed with the Epic setting, and perhaps you're on something lower? I'll look at that when I get to playing/fixing this today.

Edit: Don't think that has to do with settings. I'm finding having SSR pushed to "realistic" depth appears more broken than in some other cases, so instead I've opted to put them at surface depth. Try using this attached regex.ini file (put it into the shaderfixes folder and overwrite the old one), and delete the file 1e7b907e7b77dd8d-ps_replace.txt (and 1e7b907e7b77dd8d-ps_replace.bin).

I'm finding on Bogano that somehow a TAA blur effect that I killed everywhere up until this point is still somehow making it's appearance. Not sure if it's due to a setting I've changed recently (played around with some driver profile settings, but reverted back) or if this is a legit issue. Does anyone else find that foliage, Cal, and the big boss frog that ate my lunch countless times looks blurry?

I'm feeling a bit too exhausted to keep at it for tonight, so I'll resume fixing tomorrow.
Last edited by DJ-RK on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

Just a quick update: strange as it may sound but it seems that the dynamic convergence is the culprit for the performance hog.

Only had a couple of minutes last night to try it, but the game ran much more smoothly with it turned off (wip3, clean driver install).

Will investigate more tonight
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Unsure if the forum stripped the attachment Dj-RK Also I am playing on epic settings.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Necropants wrote:Unsure if the forum stripped the attachment Dj-RK Also I am playing on epic settings.
Sheesh, yeah, forum tells me the file is rejected because it's recognized as a possible attack vector, even if I rename it as jpg or txt. So here's a link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/v2vzsv9i ... /regex.ini
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Cool trying this now. Although, before you get too carried away I better check with SLI completely disabled. (you would have though I had learned my lesson....
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Several people have downloaded files I've hosted on Mediafire. No harm in using that site, and none of my archives have corrupted. That also means you can get a download count without that one counting site that tends to go down.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

DJ-RK wrote:
Necropants wrote:Unsure if the forum stripped the attachment Dj-RK Also I am playing on epic settings.
Sheesh, yeah, forum tells me the file is rejected because it's recognized as a possible attack vector, even if I rename it as jpg or txt. So here's a link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/v2vzsv9i ... /regex.ini
Okay, so I do not think it's SLI in this case.
Unfortunately, I am not sure if this fix has an effect on the problem because it was still happening when I rebooted the system.

Anyway then I started toggling on and off game graphics options. Motion blur, Dynamic resolution, film grain, Chromatic aberation. Low and behold problem was solved.
I have a feeling it may be DR because It looks like it turned itself on.

Turned on all bells and whistles again (apart from CA, and DR) and now it looks almost perfect....

A bit weird actually.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Glad you figured it out, and thanks for sharing what worked for you. I'll try to remember to mention that in the blog post.

Actually, on the topic of settings, I found earlier today that it is possible to turn AA completely off, and post processing down to low, which eliminates DOF and motion blur. To do so, go into the video settings and change one of the individual settings so that the overall graphics option changes to "Custom." Now, highlight custom, and press the enter key (or A button on Xbox controller), and then press the Esc/B button, and it will change the overall preset to "Low" (which wasn't available prior), setting everything to a Low setting, except for AA which will be off. You can now change the individual settings you want to how you want them, but careful because when you change something away from the Low/Off setting, you won't be able to go back down to it without redoing the whole trick again.

With AA off, it highly reduces a dithering effect on Cals hair. I don't know if this is something up with my setup or if maybe there was an update that caused this, but like I mentioned before for some reason my TAA blur kill fix stopped working for me on High and Epic AA settings, and only works on Medium now or Off. I also much prefer having the DOF effect completely off by leaving Post Processing on the Low setting.

I was experiencing some really bad performance and frequent game crashes while playing on Win 10, but today I started playing on Win 7 and it was much smoother (or at least consistent) and no crashes.

I've made it as far as Kashyyk now. There were some issues that I needed to fix on Zeffo, but not many. Unfortunately there's a bit of a conflict with volumetric fog/lights and water/SSR fixes. Both are correct individually, but when you have both effects overlapping and occupying the same pixels they don't play nice, and cause a bit of clipping (not a huge issue, but it's worth mentioning).

I'll be at it more tomorrow and will try to have an updated WIP for you guys for the weekend.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

DJ-RK wrote:Glad you figured it out, and thanks for sharing what worked for you. I'll try to remember to mention that in the blog post.

Actually, on the topic of settings, I found earlier today that it is possible to turn AA completely off, and post processing down to low, which eliminates DOF and motion blur. To do so, go into the video settings and change one of the individual settings so that the overall graphics option changes to "Custom." Now, highlight custom, and press the enter key (or A button on Xbox controller), and then press the Esc/B button, and it will change the overall preset to "Low" (which wasn't available prior), setting everything to a Low setting, except for AA which will be off. You can now change the individual settings you want to how you want them, but careful because when you change something away from the Low/Off setting, you won't be able to go back down to it without redoing the whole trick again.

With AA off, it highly reduces a dithering effect on Cals hair. I don't know if this is something up with my setup or if maybe there was an update that caused this, but like I mentioned before for some reason my TAA blur kill fix stopped working for me on High and Epic AA settings, and only works on Medium now or Off. I also much prefer having the DOF effect completely off by leaving Post Processing on the Low setting.

I was experiencing some really bad performance and frequent game crashes while playing on Win 10, but today I started playing on Win 7 and it was much smoother (or at least consistent) and no crashes.

I've made it as far as Kashyyk now. There were some issues that I needed to fix on Zeffo, but not many. Unfortunately there's a bit of a conflict with volumetric fog/lights and water/SSR fixes. Both are correct individually, but when you have both effects overlapping and occupying the same pixels they don't play nice, and cause a bit of clipping (not a huge issue, but it's worth mentioning).

I'll be at it more tomorrow and will try to have an updated WIP for you guys for the weekend.
I've had the same experience - going to Win 8.1 made a huge difference in performance... heading to Kashyyk today as well! :D
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Hi there, I'm finaly back from (the sh*tty) Geforce forum !

Ok so may we have a recap for key shortcut from the WIP3 ?

Exemple:
Turning off the auto-convergence: ~ key

Thanks guys.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok guys, got what will probably be the last WIP before the final release. I believe this is now in the 95-98% complete range. Main differences since last WIP:

-Modified and added a few regexes, mainly to fix most conflicts that occur between volumetric fog/lighting and water/sky shaders that resulted in some minor clipping, and a few more related to reflections
-Adjusted scene auto-convergence settings so that it should be a lot less aggressive. Before, even when things were still in a scene the AC would keep zooming in and out. It should now stay at a constant convergence more reliably now
-Added a shortcut on Xbox controllers to enable/disable auto-convergence. This is done by pressing both thumbstick buttons together (click them).

In speaking with DSS, autoconvergence can affect performance, especially when in an already GPU bottleneck situation. For those of you looking to reclaim some performance, the good news is that rather than keeping it off all the time and setting up a bunch of different keys for convergence presets, what you can do is just use the autoconvergence temporarily. Eg. whenever the screen starts getting too close, just enable autoconvergence for the moment and it will set the convergence to a lower setting and then you can turn it off until the end of the scene, then when you're back to gameplay turn it back on for a moment to have it set to an appropriate convergence level and then turn it off again.

Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vn5k6wk0 ... r_WIP4.zip

Since nearly everything should be perfect, if you do come across anything that looks off please feel free report their location and I'll try to look into making sure those get captured. Screenshots and directions on where to find the locations are helpful.

@Dugom: Really, the main keys to use are ~ for autoconvergence, F1 to cycle through HUD depth, F2 to switch between auto-depth waypoint markers or static depth for them, and \ to disable the HUD all together. I did have a few extra disable keys set up on other F keys, but those have mostly become unnecessary.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

DJ-RK wrote:@Dugom: Really, the main keys to use are ~ for autoconvergence, F1 to cycle through HUD depth, F2 to switch between auto-depth waypoint markers or static depth for them, and \ to disable the HUD all together. I did have a few extra disable keys set up on other F keys, but those have mostly become unnecessary.
OK thanks a lot, but sadly with French keyboards "~" never works. I'll try with the gamepad, but some people may not have one.

Any easy way to stop autoconvergence into .ini file ? (I've succeed in Life is Strange, but can't find on Geforce forum or remember how I have done it...)

[EDIT]
Found it: (Well Google did after several attemps)
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... orm-in-3d/

But it won't help here cause there is no y4 line in the .ini file.
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Huge thanks DJ-RK for WIP4, 'This is the Way'...
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

DugomFirst wrote:
DJ-RK wrote:@Dugom: Really, the main keys to use are ~ for autoconvergence, F1 to cycle through HUD depth, F2 to switch between auto-depth waypoint markers or static depth for them, and \ to disable the HUD all together. I did have a few extra disable keys set up on other F keys, but those have mostly become unnecessary.
OK thanks a lot, but sadly with French keyboards "~" never works. I'll try with the gamepad, but some people may not have one.

Any easy way to stop autoconvergence into .ini file ? (I've succeed in Life is Strange, but can't find on Geforce forum or remember how I have done it...)

[EDIT]
Found it: (Well Google did after several attemps)
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... orm-in-3d/

But it won't help here cause there is no y4 line in the .ini file.
Open auto_convergence.ini in ShaderFixes
search
[Key Toggle Auto Convergence]
key = ~
$auto_convergence_enabled = 0, 1
type = cycle
run = CommandListShowAutoConvergenceHUD

replace ~ whit other key I used a
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Ok so I've made some tests:

I've disable: Blur, grain, aberration, dynamic.
I've set to medium the AA.

With W7 only 3D on HUD, rest is 2D, on W10, no problem 3D is good. (same install / patch / folder)

SLI is not working and adds some stutter, so disable it.

Double press on the Gamepad to stop autoconvergence is OK.

To change the FOV:
1. Download the Universal Unreal Engine 4 Console and extract it somewhere.
https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuide ... locker.htm
2. Launch the game first and once you are in the main menu ALT-TAB out and launch IGCS Injector.
3. Select StarWarsJediFallenOrder.exe from the process list and the DLL to inject if it's not detected by the tool.
4. Click Inject DLL:
5. Should take a few seconds and when the process is complete you'll get a message and another command line window will pop up.
6. Now return to the game and press ~ to open the console. If everything went well the Console should appear at the bottom of the screen.
7. Press "fov 60", or more ! Then press Entrer.

You can try different values as well. Typing just "fov" will reset the default value.

FOV 50: (3D up to 27")

FOV 90: (3D up to 27")

Great !

Also if you want popout HUD for the subtitles. Edit the d3dx.ini file and set the line z=-0.3 or more: -0.5 is half out of the screen. You can use Visual Studio Code for easier editing.

Exemple from -0.3: (3D up to 27")

Thanks all.

maurizioclaudio21 wrote:Open auto_convergence.ini in ShaderFixes
search
[Key Toggle Auto Convergence]
key = ~
$auto_convergence_enabled = 0, 1
type = cycle
run = CommandListShowAutoConvergenceHUD

replace ~ whit other key I used a
Thanks. :)
Last edited by DugomFirst on Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Wow, the performance on Windows 7 is so much better WTF.
Also SLI causes crashes along with the stuttering and worse performance despite having an official profile. (I think I have tested enough at this point and will drop back down to a single card .. forever.)
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Oh my !

Use this command line:
r.PostProcessAAQuality 0

It will completely disable AA and it is another game now !!!

Also try:
r.CAS.Sharpen 2
r.MaxAnisotropy 16
r.DepthOfFieldQuality 0

Is someone knows how to edit gamma and contrast, maybe with console lines ?

Other lines:
https://www.cnblogs.com/BaiPao-XD/p/9791718.html

Cheers !
Last edited by DugomFirst on Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Excellent fix DJ-RK!

I do have black eye isse (right or left it depends) and water reflections like in the pics below

https://postimg.cc/XGvD8jCF

https://postimg.cc/G42QV72w

DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

DugomFirst wrote:.Use this command line:
r.PostProcessAAQuality 0

It will completely disable AA and it is another game now !!!
Yeah, that can also be achieved using the same steps I mentioned here: https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic. ... 40#p166381 . Absolutely makes the game much clearer and sharper.

Chtiblue wrote:Excellent fix DJ-RK!

I do have black eye isse (right or left it depends) and water reflections like in the pics below

https://postimg.cc/XGvD8jCF

https://postimg.cc/G42QV72w

Really shouldn't look like that. Have you tried changing some of your settings (see Necropants' response above) to see if any of that helps? If none of that helps can you please confirm what resolution/aspect ratio you're playing at?
Last edited by DJ-RK on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Chtiblue wrote:I do have black eye isse (right or left it depends) and water reflections like in the pics below
Using WIP4 ?

Try to disable: Blur, grain, aberration, dynamic.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

yep & yep already done

But it seems ok after playing with graphic options…
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

That's good, and also similar to what Necro said, how he wasn't sure which option it was, but something made it start working. Seems like a weird gotcha.

Since the last WIP, I've added another regex for some other water ripples that weren't caught by the main regex. Just mentioning that so it's known and you all don't need to report that as an issue.
Rubini
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rubini »

Hi DJ-RK,

Just a feedback. The fix is awesome, almost all things fixed. Working flawless here. The auto convergence is a must, sometimes consumes a few FPS but its much better with it. Speaking about auto convergence, is it possible to make it react yet more quickly?

Thanks for your work!

Edit: win 7 64 bits, gtx1070 8gb, 16gb ram
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

Thank you DJ-RK! Amazing work.
Rubini
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rubini »

Its pit that the game suffers from serious stuttering and this is not this fix related. Steam and official forums are all crowd of this issue. Lets hope that a patch fix it. I will wait because this is really a immersion killer for now.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Rubini wrote:Hi DJ-RK,

Just a feedback. The fix is awesome, almost all things fixed. Working flawless here. The auto convergence is a must, sometimes consumes a few FPS but its much better with it.
Thanks for this feedback. So glad to hear you're enjoying this fix, but more specifically the auto-convergence. I tried (and failed) to get that working on quite a few games before I finally got it all figured out on my last fix (Trine 4), so the fact I'm now able to implement it fairly well is a satisfying achievement for me, however handling things like convergence is a very personal thing and a lot of people favour performance and personal comfort over things like, "Wow! This 3D effect is ALWAYS perfect :woot " and I've only ever had people come in my fix threads asking how to turn these features off, never saying they've particularly enjoyed them... which I know is just a matter of, "you only hear about something when things go wrong, not when things go right," but it's nice to hear that something that I've particularly had a challenge in learning to implement (that I personally think is a wonderful feature) is equally enjoyed by someone else. So thanks for this simple, but important feedback to me!

Rubini wrote:Speaking about auto convergence, is it possible to make it react yet more quickly?
Yeah, there are a couple of settings you can modify to tweak the end result. Firstly, you'll need to open the auto_convergence.ini file found in the ShaderFixes folder.
If you want to speed up the transitions, then change the $slow_convergence_rate setting to a higher value.
If you want to make the auto convergence shader more sensitive to detecting when to make adjustments, then try changing the $slow_convergence_threshold_near and $slow_convergence_threshold_far values to something lower

costiq wrote:Image

Thank you DJ-RK! Amazing work.
Thank you! Working on JFO has helped improve my knowledge of working on UE4 quite a bit. When I worked on BL3, I pretty much had to start from completely scratch because the existing UE4 universal fix didn't work at all there. Of course I learned and fixed a lot while working on BL3, there were a few key things that I missed and struggled on (ie volumetric fog and lighting), and some concessions had to be made because I had to balance the amount of time spent on particularly challenging things vs progressing to get a releasable product. With JFO, it was easy to adapt all the work I had already done on BL3 here, which then opened up the opportunity to revisit and spend more time on those other, more challenging things and I'm glad I was able to make breakthroughs in these areas and feel like my own UE4 fixing knowledge is near complete. Although a UE4 universal fix exists, I feel confident in my own regexes as being easily adaptable and will continue to be my preferred tool for future UE4 fixes, and I'm somewhat proud of that achievement.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Well done and SO much appreciated DJ-RK. I love the auto-convergence and Trine 4, IMO, just wouldn't have worked near as well without it.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

thebigdogma wrote:Well done and SO much appreciated DJ-RK. I love the auto-convergence and Trine 4, IMO, just wouldn't have worked near as well without it.
Thanks man. I know how much you love Trine 4, and for me getting autoconvergence working there was absolutely essential. Took the fix from "just another fix in my portfolio" to being one of (if not the) top 3D showcases that I've made! I'll probably put out another update for T4 soon to use some of the settings I've learned in JFO here to eliminate the judder that occurs during cutscenes. Appreciate your feedback all throughout the process.
Rubini
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rubini »

DJ-RK wrote: Yeah, there are a couple of settings you can modify to tweak the end result. Firstly, you'll need to open the auto_convergence.ini file found in the ShaderFixes folder.
If you want to speed up the transitions, then change the $slow_convergence_rate setting to a higher value.
If you want to make the auto convergence shader more sensitive to detecting when to make adjustments, then try changing the $slow_convergence_threshold_near and $slow_convergence_threshold_far values to something lower
Thanks by the tips. The most i play with that values more i like the autoconvergence. I play some old dx9 games with Tridef that also have an autoconvergence as you probably already knows. What we have here for 3dVision is yet better, because now i can adjust it to my likes. Very well done! (this is the first game that i´m playing with this autoconvergence feature with 3dvision).
I´m using these settings:

; Whether to display the auto convergence HUD while adjusting. Set to 2 to keep
; the HUD visible all the time: 1
global $auto_convergence_hud_enabled = 2
(to see the values in real time to easy adjusts)

; Rate for the slow auto-convergence transition (convergence change per second): ( default 50)
global $slow_convergence_rate = 300.0
(this one was made to soft the convergence transition ... in this game you can run into narrow spaces quickly or just look around and find a very near object ... then for my safety (and old eyes) a slow transition is worse than a quick one. This is why i use 300 here.)

; Amount the convergence is allowed to get *closer* than the auto-convergence
; target before the slower auto-adjustment kicks in: (default 75)
global $slow_convergence_threshold_near = 30
(this made the work for me: no more any hurt to my eyes, dropping the convergence to average 80 for nearest objects.)

; Amount the convergence is allowed to get further than the auto-convergence
global $slow_convergence_threshold_far = 65
(limit the average max convergence to something near 290-300 what is really enough and allows less auto adjusts by time)

I adjusted the Popout bias using the Nvidia´s convergence keys to achieve +0.018, which works very well for me.

I also need to comment that no FPS drop is noticeable when autoconvergence is in use. Like i said, this game have a lot of micro stuttering and some can at first think that the autoconvergence is the culprite and its not.

Some more feedback that catch my attention among others that you already commented above:
- sometimes the Carl eyes have not iris (its just an white greyed eye)
- some reflections are yet not ok when using Visual effects in High or Epic settings. This is easily noticeable at the first presentation level at the Starships external body at distance.

Thanks again DJ-Rk. This is very fun game that deserves a good R3D! Looking for your final release!!
(if someone find a solution for those vanilla stutters at this game please advise!)
(excuse me by my english, isnt my native language)

Edit: using last fix wip4
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Rubini wrote:Thanks by the tips. The most i play with that values more i like the autoconvergence. I play some old dx9 games with Tridef that also have an autoconvergence as you probably already knows. What we have here for 3dVision is yet better, because now i can adjust it to my likes. Very well done! (this is the first game that i´m playing with this autoconvergence feature with 3dvision).
I´m using these settings:

; Whether to display the auto convergence HUD while adjusting. Set to 2 to keep
; the HUD visible all the time: 1
global $auto_convergence_hud_enabled = 2
(to see the values in real time to easy adjusts)

; Rate for the slow auto-convergence transition (convergence change per second): ( default 50)
global $slow_convergence_rate = 300.0
(this one was made to soft the convergence transition ... in this game you can run into narrow spaces quickly or just look around and find a very near object ... then for my safety (and old eyes) a slow transition is worse than a quick one. This is why i use 300 here.)

; Amount the convergence is allowed to get *closer* than the auto-convergence
global $slow_convergence_threshold_near = 30
(this made the work for me: no more any hurt to my eyes, dropping the convergence to average 80 for nearest objects.)

; Amount the convergence is allowed to get further than the auto-convergence
global $slow_convergence_threshold_far = 65
(limit the average max convergence to something near 290-300 what is really enough and allows less auto adjusts by time)

I adjusted the Popout bias using the Nvidia´s convergence keys to achieve +0.018, which works very well for me.

I also need to comment that no FPS drop is noticeable when autoconvergence is in use. Like i said, this game have a lot of micro stuttering and some can at first think that the autoconvergence is the culprite and its not.
That's awesome. Thanks for providing your settings and notes. I still have yet to spend a good, proper session of testing different ranges and how they interact with one another, so that's helpful for me to try your settings and see how they differ. And having as many different opinions helps, so if other people want to try Rubini's settings and let me know their preferences are that's welcome feedback as well.
Rubini wrote:Some more feedback that catch my attention among others that you already commented above:
- sometimes the Carl eyes have not iris (its just an white greyed eye)
Yeah, that's something that both I and our friend maurizioclaudio21 noticed. I hadn't gotten around to looking at fixing that, but here's a temporary override that maurizio provided me with that you can add to the d3dx.ini file at the bottom:

[ShaderOverride_Disableriflessiocchi]
Hash=47955c18a8192779
Handling=skip
- some reflections are yet not ok when using Visual effects in High or Epic settings. This is easily noticeable at the first presentation level at the Starships external body at distance.
Yeah. There's 2 main issues with reflections. First of which are the shiny reflections that occur during the opening scenes. Like I mentioned before, it's hard to try fixing those because they only exist in cutscenes. Interesting/annoying thing is that I'd estimate I'm about halfway through the game, and I haven't really seen any since. So because of that I haven't really gotten another chance at trying to sort those out, but will make my best effort before release (but if they're not too predominant elsewhere then I might not spend too much time here. I just *really* don't want to keep having to run through loading and a cutscene if that's the only place it's an issue).

Secondly is I'm having a hard time deciding about what depth to put screenspace reflections. I can put them at realistic depth, which has the reflection look nice and deep into the scene, but they only look good when they are on the ground in front of you (eg. on lots of water puddles), though on walls and vertical surfaces they simply appear broken. Or, I can put them at surface depth, which although is not realistic looking, it retains a proper fixed appearance across all surfaces, so it's overall more pleasant (but then it looks like previous console generation reflections). I tried setting a toggle switch for this, which is easy enough code wise, but there's just something with screenspace reflections where they refuse to work with a toggle button unlike anything else. I'm trying to find a point that's easy enough for me to test with using different constants in the d3dx.ini file so I'll try to come up with some sort of solution that will allow you to try the difference and make your own choice on what you prefer.
Rubini
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rubini »

Yep! maurizio fix works! Thanks!

You can see that broken starships reflexion in game just a minute ahead after a game start at Bracca, after the second cutscene at the ship scrap panoramic view.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Rubini wrote:Yep! maurizio fix works! Thanks!

You can see that broken starships reflexion in game just a minute ahead after a game start at Bracca, after the second cutscene at the ship scrap panoramic view.
Oh, believe me, I've seen that dozens of times already, but like I said, how would you like to spend 1 min loading a game, another 3-4 mins to get to the point in the game and the cutscene where you can see it, just to have about 5 seconds to test one of hundreds of potentially different possible adjustments, and then knowing it'll be another 5 mins before you get your next shot? I don't disagree that is one of the easiest places to find it, but it's sadly inefficient, so for now I'm more focused on playing through the rest of the game, fix everything else during gameplay, and if I don't come across any other scenes that's easier to work with, I'll go back to that section and I'll make a token last effort (but that's definitely not something I'm going to bang my head against a wall for if unnecessary).

Edit: Scratch that. I just loaded up the intro sequence to check if some of my new regexes have already done the work for me, and I'm glad to say they have! Problem already solved. In fact, I daresay that I think this one may be 100% done at this point! Going to keep playing for the rest of the evening. If I don't come across any more issues I'll be posting it to the blog tomorrow.
Last edited by DJ-RK on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

DJ-RK wrote:How would you like to spend 1 min loading a game, another 3-4 mins to get to the point in the game and the cutscene where you can see it, just to have about 5 seconds to test one of hundreds of potentially different possible adjustments?
I am nearing completion on a tool that will fix this problem. Fingers crossed.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

schwing wrote:
DJ-RK wrote:How would you like to spend 1 min loading a game, another 3-4 mins to get to the point in the game and the cutscene where you can see it, just to have about 5 seconds to test one of hundreds of potentially different possible adjustments?
Ooooh, that sounds awesome! Everything crossed.
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

DJ-RK wrote:
schwing wrote:
Ooooh, that sounds awesome! Everything crossed.

Hello DJ-RK did you receive my modest contribution via paypal from your email address?
rshannonca@gmail.com

Rgds

stfparis77
Rubini
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rubini »

DJ-RK wrote: Edit: Scratch that. I just loaded up the intro sequence to check if some of my new regexes have already done the work for me, and I'm glad to say they have! Problem already solved. In fact, I daresay that I think this one may be 100% done at this point! Going to keep playing for the rest of the evening. If I don't come across any more issues I'll be posting it to the blog tomorrow.
This is very good news! Anxiously waiting for the release :mrgreen:
Anyhow, I was trying to say that reflection issue is also into the game itself and not on a cutscene only (or perhaps is it another reflection issue?), but my english isnt that good :D. Lets wait for the final release. I will look at that point and talk back.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

stfparis17 wrote:Hello DJ-RK did you receive my modest contribution via paypal from your email address?
rshannonca@gmail.com

Rgds

stfparis77
Yes I did. Thank you very much for that! Just in time for the Steam sale for me to look for new fixing projects. ;)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”