Skyrim + ENB + Vireio testing

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Omozinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Skyrim + ENB + Vireio testing

Post by Omozinox »

Attached is a screenshot of my Skyrim folder and my enbseries.ini file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ardhal
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardhal »

Are you guys using superb enb? If so, when you installed, did you copy across the /data folder that came with it?

If so, you should select 'data files' on that little menu that pops up with 'play game' on it and make sure to enable the .esps that are there. I don't think you should have to do that, but it could be the cause of the problems. Also, to be on the safe side, throw me a screenshot showing me what that data files window looks like please ^^
Omozinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Omozinox »

Attached are two screenshots of my data windows (Not sure how to screenshot and scroll down so I took to two shots).
That supurb enb was an old left over install. I uninstalled it and tried again, still getting the same results. I am currently using
the Realvision ENB version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Omozinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Omozinox »

I am currently uploading a video capture showing start to finish when it crashes. I will post it shortly.
Ardhal
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardhal »

Okay none of these screenshots are showing me red flags. All I can do is identify possible differences between our setups and leave it there:

1. I am ATI, you guys are Nvidia. I doubt this is the problem.

2. I am using a different version of perception. I think it's 8 or 9. This could be the problem, try going back through the versions one at a time and see what happens.

3. I do not have an Oculus rift plugged into my system. Try unplugging your rifts and seeing if that works. Also try disconnecting your rifts and getting rid of any drivers it adds? Not sure the process there.

4. I added this block of text to my skyrim profile found in perception/cfg so that I could run perception with the skyrim script extender:

Code: Select all

<profile game_name="Skyrim" game_exe="SkyrimLauncher.exe" game_type="601" separation="0.00357999" convergence="0" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
  <profile game_name="Skyrim(SKSE)" game_exe="skse_loader.exe" game_type="601" separation="0.00357999" convergence="0" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
  <profile game_name="Skyrim(SKSE)" game_exe="TESV.exe" game_type="601" separation="0.00357999" convergence="0" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
  <profile game_name="Skyrim(SKSE)" game_exe="skse_1_9_32.dll" game_type="601" separation="0.00357999" convergence="0" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
  <profile game_name="Skyrim(SKSE)" game_exe="skse_steam_loader.dll" game_type="601" separation="0.00357999" convergence="0" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
Obviously if you're going to do this, make sure you install skse yourself: http://skse.silverlock.org/ Just drag and drop the files from this .rar into your install directory alongside the executable. Then whenever you want to play skyrim instead use the file called skse_launcher instead of the normal one. (You can shortcut it ofcourse).

(Skyrim script extender is a little tool people use to greatly expand the types of things mods can do with the skyrim engine. People use it for all kinds of mods and its a kind of a rule of thumb these days to install it if you're going to be modding. That said I've tried to avoid mentioning all this because it shouldnt really have anything to do with perception or ENBs. But you're having issues, and I can't figure it out, so i'll mention this for completeness.)

Obviously if you've already been modding you should know this already.

5. I am using a different ENB. But I have used superb in the past and it was fine, I just didn't like the effects too much. For the record its realvision enb that I use:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936 but I use it in tandem with the realistic lighting overhaul: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30450 . If you want to mimic my setup exactly, feel free. My enbseries.ini is the default realvision but with sunrays disabled and, ofcourse, the proxy set to true and to point to d3d9.dll .
Omozinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Omozinox »

Ardhal - Thank you for taking the time to help us.
I do not have my rift yet, but I do not think this should cause the problem?
I will try using some older versions of Vireio to see if that corrects the crashing. I'm sure this will get resolved soon, but will take
some trial and error. I still trying to post the video, its uploaded to youtube but now it tells me its processing. Will post as soon as
its finished. Again thanks for the input!
Omozinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Omozinox »

Attached is the video of the crash. As soon as the video ends that's when it crashes to Desktop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tKEgLJSKtA
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

Omozinox wrote:I forgot to mention that I'm using SkyrimTuner's RealVision ENB Skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini file from his download section.
This is a good point, thanks for mentioning it, because those ini files crashed my system everytime I tried to use them
Don't take his ini files, do it manually:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936 wrote:[Display]
Edit your skyrimprefs.ini and set the following values:
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=5
bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bShadowsOnGrass=1
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=1024
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
iShadowMapResolution=2048
iMultiSample=0 (disables the game Antialiasing)
bFXAAEnabled=0 (or set it to 1 and press shift+enter in game and deactivate EdgeAA in menu)

Edit your skyrim.ini and set the following values:
[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=1000.0
ALSO. If you're using Skyrim Flora Overhaul, put iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6 in the [GRASS] section of your skyrim.ini, or else you're also gonna crash 100% of the time.
AND make sure you updated to 1.9, this update is what made my skyrim completely stop CTDing with all my mods

Here is the precise order of how I got it working:
Fresh skyrim install (remember to delete the ini files in C/User/documents/My games/skyrim) + update to 1.9
Nexus Mod manager install + those mods in that order (in yellow the choices I made that differ from the official Realvision tutorial)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936 wrote: Ruins Clutter Improved by raiserfx
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM by Brumbek
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 LITE - Landscape by NebuLa
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 LITE - Dungeons
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 LITE - Towns
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_5 LITE - Misc
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - Skyrim HD v1_6 LITE - Riften
Detailed Rugs by raiserfx
Skyrim Flora Overhaul by vurt Summer Edition v180 + put iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6 in the [GRASS] section of your skyrim.ini
Skyrim Flora Overhaul - Diverse Pine Colors
Skyrim Flora Overhaul - Diverse Aspen Colors
Lush Trees and Grass by SparrowPrince (be careful with this mod, much performance hit in grassy areas)
AOF Detailed Mountains by AnOldFriend
high realistic tundra moss for AOF Detailed Mountains - yellow by Aron
Finer Dust by CptJoker
Realistic Smoke and Embers by isoku
Realistic Water Textures and Terrain http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/711

Then I installed Option A without the dawngard and dragonborn patches cause i haven't installed the DLCs
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936 wrote: Option A: RLO 4.0.7 + Climates of Tamriel V3.1: (use RealVision V1.4b-EdgeAA or V1.4d-SMAA) my preference!
Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel V3.1 by JJC71
Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel V3.1 - Sounds Overhauls (optional)
Realistic Lighting Overhaul 4.0.7 excl. integrated weathers by The Realistic Lighting Team
Then i installed the ENB:
DONT DO THAT :
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936 wrote:install the mod's ini files take my optimized ULTRA skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini from optional files section and copy it to your Documents\My Games\Skyrim
(if your machine is fast enough! and be careful with AMD cards, some people had probs with my ini-files like flickering)
Instead, edit your inis manually:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936 wrote: Edit your skyrimprefs.ini and set the following values:
[Display]
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=5
bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bShadowsOnGrass=1
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=1024
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
iShadowMapResolution=2048
iMultiSample=0 (disables the game Antialiasing)
bFXAAEnabled=0 (or set it to 1 and press shift+enter in game and deactivate EdgeAA in menu)

Edit your skyrim.ini and set the following values:
[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=1000.0
Then :
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936 wrote:copy all the other files from my ENB to your Skyrim folder
install Skyrim_Particle_Patch_for_ENB-All-In-One and if you have problems also 1.6 W.A.T.E.R. COMPATIBILITY PATCH from my optional files
get the d3d9.dll 0.157 out of the wrapper folder from Boris Vorontsov's site and copy it to skyrim folder too, if you have problems with 0.157, try 0.139
Deactivate AA / SSAO in game settings AND/OR over videodriver if you have set it there! The ENB has it's own EdgeAA and SSAO, otherwise it would give you errors like "Hardware Antialiasing detected...Quality reduced..." and decreased performance.
INSTALL THE VIREIO BETA12 DLL:
you need to daisy-chain Vireio's own d3d9.dll in order to make the ENB compatible with Perception:
-Take the d3d9.dll, hijackdll.dll and libfreespace.dll files from Vireio, rename the d3d9.dll, then copy all 3 in skyrim's directory
-You'll now have the ENB's d3d9.dll and Vireio's renamed d3d9.dll, hijackdll.dll and libfreespace.dll in the Skyrim directory
-Update the enbseries.ini to daisy chain Vireio's renamed d3d9.dll (d3d9Vireio.dll in my example)
Note: don't touch the ENB's d3d9.dll, it has to be the first to load. If you change it's name, or try to daisy chain it, you'll disable it.
-open enbseries.ini and put this variable to false:
[EFFECT]
EnableSunRays=false

Launch the beta12 Vireio driver
Launch skyrim and set your game to LOW QUALITY and only change those 6 options:

Play and tell us how it went
EDIT: also make sure to use BOSS to correct any conflicts you may have between the different mods
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6
jingamon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jingamon »

1)Reflections are off
2) All AA are off
3) Tried a new install with the mod packages you described
4) Settings set on low
5) AA off, particle patch and Water compatibility patch are installed
6)Manually edited the ini to those values
7) Using your boot order.

Loads perfectly fine then 4 seconds or so in (you can time this) crashes at the same exact time every single load.
I'm trying to find a good way to log this now and when I get home I'll test just a bare ENB + vireio.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

Well that s*cks
At the moment I have nothing else to propose 2 you, I'll let Ardhal see if he has anything to propose, he's way more instructed in skyrim modding than me :mrgreen:

Did you use BOSS?
What happens when you start a whole new game?
(maybe your save got corrupted, that can happen when you start modifying skyrim)
Did you update to 1.9 using the steam update, or with a cracked version?
Ardhal
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardhal »

I've really exhausted everything I can think of ^^. Good point with a pirated version, that can cause problems.

The only other minor thing is if people are trying to run skyrim with DX10 and not DX9. But I'm assuming they'd know that would casue issues already.
jingamon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jingamon »

Legitimate version shipped in a giant box with a dragon to me :P.
BOSS doesn't show any conflicting data files or dependencies.
Also a whole new game will behave exactly the same as an old save file.
I can get it to daisy chain without the vireo program now by using beta 12, a clean reboot and a clean install. ENB also works amazingly well on its own and so does perception. I have 2 hours of perception logged on an unmodded Skyrim and Dear Esther.

However this precisely timed crash remains even after that. The question I have is why is it at the exact point a few seconds after loading into the game? Does skyrim update something a few seconds running into the game? I wish there was a way I could get a detailed debug output in the game.

Also you guys have the hearthfire, Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLCs active right?
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

jingamon wrote: Also you guys have the hearthfire, Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLCs active right?
Personnaly, no. No dlc at all
jingamon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jingamon »

shiva wrote:
jingamon wrote: Also you guys have the hearthfire, Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLCs active right?
That may be something else to try if someone can. I'll be at work and am kinda itching to know but I remember hearing some information a while back that some new effects added in dragonborn crash the living crap out of the game, even out of Solstheim.
MisterPete
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MisterPete »

There is no need for helix.
I'm not sure that's accurate. Sorry, just want to make sure this is clear for everyone :) I'm aware of the shadow fix, I was the one that originally posted on helixmod about bDeferredShadows = 0 for skyrim 1.6 along with the information as to what files to delete to disable the helixmod shadow fix.

This is not all that helixmod fixes. Along with some depth values (such as for the sky/auroras/stars and adjustable hud depth) it also fixes the depth of the water by disabling the water refraction shader. This can not be done with the skyim ini files (I've checked and tested all of the water vars). Unless the way vireio works avoids the water depth problem, which would be great to know.

Additionally you need to test yaw before you can be sure that shadows are working properly. Here is what you get in certain areas with bDeferredShadows = 0:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiz9t2jQkhQ

EDIT: There was another fix for water depth for enb but it's really bad, makes the water basically opaque. The sky/auroras/stars depth can alternatively be corrected with a geometry fix available on skyrim nexus.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

jingamon wrote:
shiva wrote:
That may be something else to try if someone can. I'll be at work and am kinda itching to know but I remember hearing some information a while back that some new effects added in dragonborn crash the living crap out of the game, even out of Solstheim.
All Imma say is that the official Bethesda patch releases each broke the game like throwing some millenium old Ming vase sh*t to a horde of rabid bulls. The OFFICIAL updates that were about nothing but Skyrim itself, the very base, broke THE HELL out of it. CTD's forever
The 1.9 is the first patch in a (very) long time that actually fixes things and stop crashing the game.
So yeah, I wouldn't put too much hope on the DLCs...
jingamon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jingamon »

Disabling DLC did nothing for me. However I'm curious, what AV software you guys running?
I'm using AVAST and Comodo
Ardhal
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardhal »

MisterPete wrote:
There is no need for helix.
I'm not sure that's accurate. Sorry, just want to make sure this is clear for everyone :) I'm aware of the shadow fix, I was the one that originally posted on helixmod about bDeferredShadows = 0 for skyrim 1.6 along with the information as to what files to delete to disable the helixmod shadow fix.

This is not all that helixmod fixes. Along with some depth values (such as for the sky/auroras/stars and adjustable hud depth) it also fixes the depth of the water by disabling the water refraction shader. This can not be done with the skyim ini files (I've checked and tested all of the water vars). Unless the way vireio works avoids the water depth problem, which would be great to know.

Additionally you need to test yaw before you can be sure that shadows are working properly. Here is what you get in certain areas with bDeferredShadows = 0:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiz9t2jQkhQ

EDIT: There was another fix for water depth for enb but it's really bad, makes the water basically opaque. The sky/auroras/stars depth can alternatively be corrected with a geometry fix available on skyrim nexus.
Thanks for the info! Though we've already discussed and established all of this.
Just look here if you're confused:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9718
jingamon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jingamon »

Something else interesting I found in the ENB documentation that may provide a workaround.

EnableProxyLibrary=(0,1) when activated, load 3rd party library (other modification) by the ENBSeries at game start, path to it written in parameter ProxyLibrary. This allow to solve problem with multiple d3d9.dll files that can't be used at once without special loaders, but if their internal code was made not correct to hande loading not directly by game, this will result in game crash or just not workable. If you can't load some useful library with ENBSeries, there is an other way, to replace original d3d9.dll in Windows System32 folder with ENBSeries d3d9.dll, but it's for advanced users, who knows how to bypass file recovering system, this way 3rd party d3d9.dll will be in game folder and will load ENBSeries like original library and ENBSeries must to load that original d3d9.dll as proxy from some other path user defined, in this case InitProxyFunctions must to be set 1.

InitProxyFunctions=(0,1) connect to functions of 3rd party library, if it's true d3d9.dll library that initialize some 3d objects inside or modify them. Some modifications don't need this to be enabled, they activating when loading, but if proxy library not works, try to set this parameter to 1.

ProxyLibrary=(filename) file name of 3rd party library. May be full path, but it must not contain special symbols, unicode characters (japaneese, chineese) and limited by length. Only one library allowed currently.
This is going to require an overwrite from a linux distro into windows.... But I'll give it a shot again when I'm back. I figured I'd put it up in case anyone wants to try ahead of time.

If I understand this correctly
1) replace original d3d9.dll in system 32 with the ENB one.
2) The proxylibrary option in enb's ini supports file paths so ProxyLibrary=c:\somefolder\my (windows) d3d9.dll
3) Then just allow vireio to run as normal?
Ardhal
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardhal »

For sure that looks like a great idea! I was reading about this with regard to using 3 d3d9.dlls before, but it could be exactly the solution crashing people are looking for.
Quite extreme, perhaps, but I'd love to hear the results.
MisterPete
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MisterPete »

Ardhal, no confusion, I just thought the previous post made it sound like there was no longer any benefit in using the helix fix because it's shadow fix is no longer needed. Just wanted to clarify that this isn't the case, which the link you provided does make clear.

Have you heard of anyone getting shadows working 100% correctly, does enb actually make a difference there? From what I've seen people are either disabling shadows or setting bDeferredShadows=0 and getting sliding shadows in some areas when your head is tilted sideways, something you normally can't do in game.
Ardhal
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardhal »

No we have no fix for the roll. I think that's something that will have to come from the virieo drivers themselves, rather than anything mods can accommodate for.
There could be some obscure .ini tweaks that fix it, but I have no idea how to add effectual lines to the config files.

Overall Skyrims shadows just seem terribly done and cause problems all over the place. I do now recall seeing a mod that purported to completely disable Skyrims shadow rendering and add its own. I think it was mostly a designed as a performance thing, becayse Skyrims 'ultra' shadows setting, in the months after launch, was a massive FPS sink.

Maybe the shadows from that mod, because they're rendered differently, would work with the Rift. Or, more realistically, perhaps we could tweak the way that mod works ourselves. But that's a bit beyond me, I must admit.
jingamon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jingamon »

Well.. That did the trick. It sure as hell broke every other game on my system but I succesfully got ENB and Vireio to play nice by using the ENB help instructions above. Which begs the question, what did he (I assume that was Boris writing that) mean by "iinternal code was made not correct to hande loading not directly by game". Is there something that can be done to vireio to change that so it plays nice similar to those hundreds of Anti-aliasing DLLs out there that attach to ENB and I assume are made to "load directly"?
Ardhal
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardhal »

jingamon wrote:Well.. That did the trick. It sure as hell broke every other game on my system but I succesfully got ENB and Vireio to play nice by using the ENB help instructions above. Which begs the question, what did he (I assume that was Boris writing that) mean by "iinternal code was made not correct to hande loading not directly by game". Is there something that can be done to vireio to change that so it plays nice similar to those hundreds of Anti-aliasing DLLs out there that attach to ENB and I assume are made to "load directly"?
Daaaaaaaaaaayuuuum. I do hope you made a backup :P of the original you replaced. (As an aside you should totally try placing that in the instal directories of your other games to see if it reverts them). Unless it doesnt wrap properly. IDK.

As for Boris' comment, your guess is as good as mine. I will say though: He's very active over on his forums at ENB. I'm sure he'd respond if you asked, but try not to drag stereo 3D into it too much. He doesn't make supporting the tehcnology much of a priority, it seems.
jingamon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jingamon »

I changed the permissions so I can rename d3d9.dll (Just the permissions on that file) whenever I want and copy/rename the ENB dll into system32 when I can so it's not too hard to get other things working. I think I may ask the ENB folks about this too, I'm really curious to see if there's a way to get this thing rolling skyrim with all dynamic effects on a rift with relatively few bugs.
Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Mel »

jingamon wrote:
shiva wrote:
I do not have any DLC, and I too crash about 4 seconds in.
RABID
Cross Eyed!

Post by RABID »

Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Mel »

jingamon wrote:Well.. That did the trick. It sure as hell broke every other game on my system but I succesfully got ENB and Vireio to play nice by using the ENB help instructions above. Which begs the question, what did he (I assume that was Boris writing that) mean by "iinternal code was made not correct to hande loading not directly by game". Is there something that can be done to vireio to change that so it plays nice similar to those hundreds of Anti-aliasing DLLs out there that attach to ENB and I assume are made to "load directly"?
Your instructions did the trick for me, too. No more crash at 4 seconds in.

Now if I can just figure out how to tune Virieo's stereo parameters so my head doesn't explode whilst playing. I have yet to get any of the F-key mappings to work for me in any Virieo-supported game. I can only assume I'm supposed to unbind F1-F4 in the game so that Virieo can use them?
jingamon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jingamon »

Glad I'm not the only one having it work now. I also just had a big issue with ENB and having a metric ton of Flora and weather effects now turned on in tandem with vireio. The main issue is that vireio does really wonky things to the vram and ram usage of Skyrim. Some area will outright refuse to load and "hang" at the loading screen due to the high amount of objects + whatever vireio is doing. I had to make some adjustments to skyrimprefs.ini

[TerrainManager]
fTreeLoadDistance=60000.0000
fBlockMaximumDistance=350000.0000
fBlockLevel1Distance=100000.0000
fBlockLevel0Distance=60000.0000
fSplitDistanceMult=4.0000
bShowLODInEditor=0

in Skyrim.ini you can use low ugrids settings to keep loaded assets as low as possible. Note about ugrids though:
HOW TO REVERT A SAVE/GAME TO A PREVIOUS/LOWER UGRIDSTOLOAD VALUE

This is a very brief method of what is required to revert to the default or LOWER ugrids if you have decided the higher value your using is to much.... but don't want to start the game over or go back to a save hours/days/months when you were running a lower one.

1: Start the game with the current ugrids value..
2: Load the save game that you'd like to revert/change back.
3: Once the game is loaded, ALT+TAB or minimize the game.
4: Navigate to your Skyrim.ini file located typically in the documents/my games/skyrim/
5: Input the Ugrids value you'd like to use, DEFAULT is "5", otherwise if you want to go from 9 down to 7, put in 7.
6: Save the file and then maximize/tab back into skyrim that is already running.
7: hit the "~"/console key and type in "refreshini"
8: Save the game as a new save file.

:

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
uExterior Cell Buffer=32
uGridsToLoad=5
sIntroSequence=
If it still fails just disable a few mods that keep adding extra flora, rock textures, etc.
Last edited by jingamon on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ardhal
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardhal »

Infinite loading screens can happen in Skyrim even at the best of times, but yeah I can imagine virieo exacerbating the issue.

As for stereo settings, someone posted earlier in this thread (or maybe the other one) their settings which you can copy/paste into your profile. See how that looks.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

jingamon wrote:Something else interesting I found in the ENB documentation that may provide a workaround.
EnableProxyLibrary=(0,1) when activated, load 3rd party library (other modification) by the ENBSeries at game start, path to it written in parameter ProxyLibrary. This allow to solve problem with multiple d3d9.dll files that can't be used at once without special loaders, but if their internal code was made not correct to hande loading not directly by game, this will result in game crash or just not workable. If you can't load some useful library with ENBSeries, there is an other way, to replace original d3d9.dll in Windows System32 folder with ENBSeries d3d9.dll, but it's for advanced users, who knows how to bypass file recovering system, this way 3rd party d3d9.dll will be in game folder and will load ENBSeries like original library and ENBSeries must to load that original d3d9.dll as proxy from some other path user defined, in this case InitProxyFunctions must to be set 1.

InitProxyFunctions=(0,1) connect to functions of 3rd party library, if it's true d3d9.dll library that initialize some 3d objects inside or modify them. Some modifications don't need this to be enabled, they activating when loading, but if proxy library not works, try to set this parameter to 1.

ProxyLibrary=(filename) file name of 3rd party library. May be full path, but it must not contain special symbols, unicode characters (japaneese, chineese) and limited by length. Only one library allowed currently.
Wow that's awesome man, a very good find indeed thanks!
Imma give it a go and see how it goes
Teeks419
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Teeks419 »

@jingamon It seems like object detail in the settings does almost the same thing as those INI tweaks of yours. I may be wrong but it seems like an easier way to tweak it.

Either way, yea Skyrim is just running sloooow. I have almost everything on low no aa and I'm still getting very low fps. Playing on a gtx 670 so it's boggling my mind. Even when turning absolutely everything down and turning shadows off I will still get serious dips. Also this is without any enb or graphics mods.

Also, anyone else getting crazy object behavior in the interiors? I have objects flying around and making insanely loud noises. Only happens when on vereio.
jingamon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jingamon »

Maybe it does, I don't know. I'm just going by troubleshooting I've read about. I just know keeping it at anything higher than 7 with vireo on for me is a disaster.

As for the lag I know I get that sort of slooooow behavior when I use my HDD instead of my SSD with vireo, no idea why. But there are a million other reasons for lag like that in Skyrim. It's horribly optimized.
Ardhal
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ardhal »

Teeks419 wrote:@jingamon It seems like object detail in the settings does almost the same thing as those INI tweaks of yours. I may be wrong but it seems like an easier way to tweak it.

Either way, yea Skyrim is just running sloooow. I have almost everything on low no aa and I'm still getting very low fps. Playing on a gtx 670 so it's boggling my mind. Even when turning absolutely everything down and turning shadows off I will still get serious dips. Also this is without any enb or graphics mods.

Also, anyone else getting crazy object behavior in the interiors? I have objects flying around and making insanely loud noises. Only happens when on vereio.
Virieo will flat half your FPS from whatever it was before. So if you only accept 60fps as playable you're aiming for 120 with it turned off.

Also, Skyrim has a bug in the engine that causes item physics to play wierdly at FPS above 60. This could mean, then, that if you're getting over 30fps in virieo, because you're technically getting 60+ it's causing the item physics to go wierd. But I can't be sure about that.

Did you turn Vsync off in your .ini ? (iPresentinterval=0)
Teeks419
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Teeks419 »

@Ardhal- Ah gotcha, that's a strange glitch but oh well. I guess the crazy physics only happen indoors because I usually get a solid 60 fps. Outdoors however I get drops of 20 or 30 fps, so no crazy physics there. Yes, I've tried with both vsync on and off and I get the same result. I guess I have to find a way to limit my fps. Thanks for the tip.
laast
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by laast »

I don't want to hurt you guys, but on every screens and videos I see in this thread, I don't see ANY 3D stereo effects. Left frame and right frame are the same, excepted a position shift between the 2 PoV.

I'm nearly convinced that Vireio and ENB are not compatible in the current state: 3D features and camera positioning from Vireio are simply broken.

Original pics with Vireio + ENB:

Adding red and green colors for each frame:

Then, moving right frame to left frame in order to superimpose them and create a new one by transparency.

Third frame created. You can notice that the 2 original left and right frames matchs perfectly: it simply means that there is no 3D effect at all.

You can see below a true working 3D effect using the Rift: left and right frame are notably different, and that's what we SHOULD see with Vireio drivers and Skyrim.

I hope it will help.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

laast wrote:I don't want to hurt you guys, but on every screens and videos I see in this thread, I don't see ANY 3D stereo effects.
I'm nearly convinced that Vireio and ENB are not compatible in the current state: 3D features and camera positioning from Vireio are simply broken.
No worries man ;) on the contrary, thanks alot for your input!
I was kinda scared that could happen, as I don't have my rift yet and never played a game in 3D at all, but your screens clearly show the 3D effect is broken
This is one of the reasons I asked in the development thread if we could get an .ini with proxy settings with Vireio. Since for now there's no way to chain another dll with Vireio, what I did is launch the ENB first, then use the ENB's ini to load Vireio.
I'm thinking this may be what broke the 3D, the fact that the ENB has the upper hand over Vireio in the loading sequence. What do you think?
But this is just a theory, I don't know much about Vireio, so Vireio+ENB behavior is pretty much a shot in the dark (until I get my damn RIFT :mrgreen: )
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

laast wrote:I don't want to hurt you guys, but on every screens and videos I see in this thread, I don't see ANY 3D stereo effects. Left frame and right frame are the same, excepted a position shift between the 2 PoV.
I haven't tried ENB, but I'm certain we are achieving true stereoscopic 3D results (though the drivers are going through a major overhaul to overcome some problems). The culprit could easily be a convergence setting that is off. If the convergence point is too far in front of the screen or the lenses, the left and right views will look very similar to each other.

If you are having mediocre results with the Vireio Perception image quality in 3D, follow this guide step by step:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=77

If you are unable to set the convergence and separation as described, then there could be something wrong with the rendering. If you can, then the drivers are definitely behaving the way they should (you wouldn't be able to properly adjust these settings otherwise!).

Regards,
Neil
laast
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by laast »

Neil wrote:
If you are unable to set the convergence and separation as described, then there could be something wrong with the rendering. If you can, then the drivers are definitely behaving the way they should (you wouldn't be able to properly adjust these settings otherwise!).
I'm not talking about Vireio + Skyrim, which works very fine. I'm talking about Vireio + Skyrim +ENB.dll, which seems to break Vireio 3D, as I demonstrated in my previous post.

And the fact that ENB seems to -magically- solve the shadows problem tends to prove I'm right.
shiva
Cross Eyed!

Post by shiva »

Neil wrote:I haven't tried ENB, but I'm certain we are achieving true stereoscopic 3D results (though the drivers are going through a major overhaul to overcome some problems). The culprit could easily be a convergence setting that is off. If the convergence point is too far in front of the screen or the lenses, the left and right views will look very similar to each other.
Thanks for your input!
What you're saying about the convergence setting reminded me that I had to turn this ENB parameter to false because of disappering NPCs:
[EFFECT]
EnableSunRays=false

When I have Vireio + skyrim + ENB with sunrays on, this is what I get. On this image, sure the Kajjit is half disappering, but if I look at his head it's sure seems like it's not the same frame this time:

What do you guys think, does this look like real stereoscopic 3D? If that's the case I'll have to figure a workaround the EnableSunRays issue

Return to “Development / General Discussion”