Clearing up misconceptions

PasticheDonkey
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Clearing up misconceptions

Post by PasticheDonkey »

voliale wrote: And lastly, parallel views as in the Oculus Rift. What concerns me are those red lines; What prevents a developer from forcing my eyes to converge outwards? Could it be harmful? Or will my eyes simply refuse to do it?
treating the rift as a screen at infinite depth you pop out from solves this problem. you can't go beyond infinity.
EdZ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by EdZ »

voliale wrote:What concerns me are those red lines; What prevents a developer from forcing my eyes to converge outwards? Could it be harmful? Or will my eyes simply refuse to do it?
The same thing that prevents painful divergence in any other method of 3D display for film or TV; nothing at all, except for the developer knowing what they are doing and following industry best practices. Objects at infinite focus must never diverge more than the users IPD.
voliale
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by voliale »

Thank you for your replies. I guess you are right. You can make eyes diverge with traditional 3D displays as well, though maybe not so violently as with parallel displays. And developers simply have to know what they are doing.
Mystify
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Mystify »

voliale wrote:Thank you for your replies. I guess you are right. You can make eyes diverge with traditional 3D displays as well, though maybe not so violently as with parallel displays. And developers simply have to know what they are doing.
I think if the divergence is violent then your eyes simply won't focus on it, and you would just end up seeing double.

Return to “Oculus VR”