Lumus HD HMD - see through AR - another HMD announced....

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Lumus HD HMD - see through AR - another HMD announced...

Post by Okta »

A thought. Since this thing uses AR see through glass and has an FOV of 45? degrees, what are our chances of bunging some lenses or reading glasses on and getting a bigger FOV? The options here may be way more open compared to normal HMD optics which require complete replacement. If this turns out possible to do a large FOV increase i would be interested in this device, also using a hood cover as a VR HMD. Otherwise 45 degree's? Not for me.

Another thought i had regarding AR devices... huge FOV is WAY more important than a normal HMD. Imagine wearing your AR glasses playing a game or app, looking around and having the enemies blinking in and out of existence as you centre them in your view and disappearing when you turn away slightly although the background in still in place. Sounds sucky to me ;)
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”