3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

schwing
Cross Eyed!

Re: 3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Post by schwing »

There's an offline way to get game info using Steam's appinfo.vdf cache, but even that doesn't have those games. Maybe Steam hasn't tried to log those games' info yet?
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

bo3bber wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:07 pm
Please feel free to keep a .zip on HelixModBlog aws downloads, but make it harder to find than the industry standard of .7z. It's a waste of time and bandwidth to use archaic stuff like .zip and .rar, but some people might be stuck with just windows built in tools.

No one should be using .rar format today. It's impossibly bad compression by today's standards, and it's full of security holes and exploits. Avoid.
Well, just to clear up the confusion. I agree that the 7z compressor is better.
The topic was just as a curiosity when unzipping the portable file inside the system files folder.
Winrar's decompressor does the job (even with 7z compression) inside that system folder, and the 7z program doesn't decompress there ...
For advanced users it is no problem to move the compressed file and unzip it elsewhere.
But I only made the issue known to save further research from less expert users asking questions in the future ...
In any way it is only information
For practical purposes .. the file compressed with 7z is also decompressed with the two programs

Edit.- Going back to possible improvements ...
Is there a way to have the option to start it with windows, and even its complementary, to start it minimized in tray?
(I have tried adding it to the start folder in windows, with no results ...)

Edit 2.- Nfs Most Wanted is in the same issue as Thief...( it displays the old game, not the new one)
Shadow of mordor (steam version) is no longer recognized in my manager (shadow of war still is)
Blacksad Under the Skin takes almost as long to install the fix as watch dogs 2, but it has no warning like the other
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Please feel free to keep a .zip on HelixModBlog aws downloads, but make it harder to find than the industry standard of .7z. It's a waste of time and bandwidth to use archaic stuff like .zip and .rar, but some people might be stuck with just windows built in tools.

No one should be using .rar format today. It's impossibly bad compression by today's standards, and it's full of security holes and exploits. Avoid.
Yeah especially .rar is pretty annoying these days. They have some compression algorithm which is not open source and not supported in libraries like sharpCompress.
What do you think about hosting the 7z file on helixmod amazon server but for the zip and .exe version I just link to my server? There is no traffic limit there and I pay a fixed fee of 12$ per year for the server and maybe 4$ for the domain which is nothing compared to the high prices amazon wants.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Well, just to clear up the confusion. I agree that the 7z compressor is better.
The topic was just as a curiosity when unzipping the portable file inside the system files folder.
Winrar's decompressor does the job (even with 7z compression) inside that system folder, and the 7z program doesn't decompress there ...
For advanced users it is no problem to move the compressed file and unzip it elsewhere.
But I only made the issue known to save further research from less expert users asking questions in the future ...
In any way it is only information
For practical purposes .. the file compressed with 7z is also decompressed with the two programs

Edit.- Going back to possible improvements ...
Is there a way to have the option to start it with windows, and even its complementary, to start it minimized in tray?
(I have tried adding it to the start folder in windows, with no results ...)

Edit 2.- Nfs Most Wanted is in the same issue as Thief...( it displays the old game, not the new one)
Shadow of mordor (steam version) is no longer recognized in my manager (shadow of war still is)
Blacksad Under the Skin takes almost as long to install the fix as watch dogs 2, but it has no warning like the other
I tried autostart a few weeks ago but it didn't work for me either as the working directory was wrong then. I stupidly always used the combination of working path + relative path for all paths in 3DFM although relative paths would have been already fine ;_;. If I had just used relative paths only all would work fine with auto start. I think easiest fix is if I would set the working path correctly to the executing assembly because correcting many dozens of paths would surely break something xD.

For NFS Most wanted I don't know which is the correct profile? There is no fix on the blog.
Not sure why Shadow of mordoer is not recognized. Is it installed via Steam?
Yeah uncompressing Watch Dogs 2 can take a few minutes. DarkStarSword used a really effective compression for this fix otherwise it would be hundreds of MB. In the old days 3DFM only had sharpUncompress to extract the fix. This took approximately an hour for watch dogs 2. That's the reason why I introduced 7-zip to the app which was much faster for this particular fix. However it's only faster for 7zip files with special compression. For other files it's slower in 3DFM. I just tried 7zip for uncompressing Blacksad and it was slower but speed was ok (approximately 20 seconds for uncompressing). Not sure if it's related to my SSD which is much faster than a HDD.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

I think I'll start a "fast ring" for updates now. It brings small improvements and new features can be tested out before going final. I also increment the version in the app after having ignored this for the betas. So first unofficial release is 1.751:
3DFM 1.751 released

Change Notes 3DFM 1.751
  • Added Tim's Start3D.exe which re-enables 3D for Shadow of the Tomb Raider in DX12 mode. It's automatically copied to game directory when starting the game
  • Added a separate DX 12 profile for Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Added Trine 4 3D fix
  • Re-added Thief profile
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Because I've been pretty busy, I could only do a quick test ... related to 1.751
Quite a few new profiles in the app working now.
The 3 you mention plus some other as Arise ;)

Today's curiosities: every time I update the manager : When I open it, it suggests that I should update the fixes( recently updated by the previous version) again, despite already being updated by previous version of the manager.

P.D. - Regarding the complex reasoning about starting the program minimized or not at the start of windows: I must tell you that I have not understood a word :D since it is a technical tad for me.

Other things... mm. oh yes!, shadow of mordor is installed by steam
*:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\common\ShadowOfMordor\x64\ShadowOfMordor.exe (not recognized in the manager even choosing the specific directory in settings)

Regarding nfs Most Wanted. I also do not understand well the purpose of being in the manager, because it is one of the games with the best compatible mode (fake 3d) (whose profile I usually apply to many other games to make them work). Either way it's an Origin profile
*: \ Origin games \ Need for Speed ​​(TM) Most Wanted\NFS13.exe
(However, it would be interesting if the following NFS appeared, simply called "Need For Speed", since it does need to have the profile of the previous one for a good compatible mode)
*:\Origin\Need for Speed\NFS16.exe

About Black Sad: Yes... it is installed in an old and slow HDD , (facing around 5 minutes to aply the 315 mb shaders, fix)

Crazy idea of ​​the day: I know it's crazy but it would look great on the manager's games list, if each name were the color of the driver status you need ...
For example, games that work well without hack, in green. The games that need the hack in light blue ,Games that are supposed to malfunction (in the absence of installing the fix) in orange ... (an organic way of knowing on the fly, which way to use for each game)

(Miyamoto doesn't know programming, but he had incredible success as a developer, due to crazy ideas ... so why not a crazy ideas section in the feedback?) :)
Pls fell free to refuse this section if dont like
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

With version 1.751, every time I try to launch Jedi Fallen Order it crashes at the menu screen, right when the 3D mode turns on. It doesn't matter if the Geforce Driver Mod is on or off, the results are the same. However, game works perfectly if I use Bringback3d to mod the Geforce drivers. Anyone else experiencing this?
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

Actually, it looks like none of the my Origin games seem to work with the new release. They all crash.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

Thanks Paul for a wonderful release to bring 3d into latest windows update. i just tried origin jedi fallen and it works fine in 3d, only an issue so far is that it cannot exit the game with its quit button, had to kill it with task manager, have no idea why. also just found that my powerdvd 18 that i uses for bluray 3d no longer works.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Isaacvigo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pmOther things... mm. oh yes!, shadow of mordor is installed by steam
*:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\common\ShadowOfMordor\x64\ShadowOfMordor.exe (not recognized in the manager even choosing the specific directory in settings)
As a data point- I can see Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor in the installed game list, without any problems. It's under Middle Earth though, and I always look for 'shadow' first until I remember. :ugeek:

This is Steam version. I'm in US, so might be language difference. Although I don't see anything wrong with your paths there, they are the same as mine.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Axhillock wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:23 pm With version 1.751, every time I try to launch Jedi Fallen Order it crashes at the menu screen, right when the 3D mode turns on. It doesn't matter if the Geforce Driver Mod is on or off, the results are the same. However, game works perfectly if I use Bringback3d to mod the Geforce drivers. Anyone else experiencing this?
Hi Axhillock,

thx for your feedback. So you see no error message happening when toggling the DLL hack on / off? This means that 3DFM was able to write the hack to the Geforce driver DLL in a subdirectory of "Windows Driver store" folder. However maybe it wrote to the wrong subdirectory there. Everytime we install a new Geforce driver the rubbish from previous driver installations is left behind in the driver store folder. So for finding the correct folder 3DFM goes through each folder and looks for a specific Geforce driver DLL. If found 3DFM evaluates if the version number of the DLL matches the currently installed Geforce drivers. If positive the folder is assumed to be the correct one. I didn't run into the issue yet but maybe there might be several "rubbish"-folders with the same DLL version number.

You can easily check which folder was detected by 3DFM. Just go to "Settings" tab. Then Navigate to sub-tab "Nvidia 3D Settings" and there you find a button "Driver Store" When you click on it (make sure 3D is enabled otherwise the button is disabled) the detected folder should be opened in Windows Explorer. Can you verify if this is the correct one?
For doing this please search for folders starting with "nv_dispi" in C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository. In each folder which was found check if the dlls there have the same version number as your geforce driver. (checking one arbitrary dll file is enough). E.g. for Geforce driver. 445.87 the dll files should have the version 26.21.14.4587 (the last 5 digits are important here reflecting the actual version). To see the version number of a DLL right click on it -> properties. Then navigate to "Details" tab. Here you got the "File Version". If you found 2 or more folders all containing the same driver version we got the issue.

EDIT:
ok lol seems like I could improve the detection of the driver location. We can ask windows easily where the DLL is located with this query and ManagementObjectSearcher class of .NET:
select name, pathname from Win32_SystemDriver where name='nvlddmkm'.

Lol sometimes I should just ask google before implementing something >.<.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Tue May 05, 2020 4:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

bo3bber wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:03 am
Isaacvigo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pmOther things... mm. oh yes!, shadow of mordor is installed by steam
As a data point- I can see Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor in the installed game list, without any problems. It's under Middle Earth though, and I always look for 'shadow' first until I remember. :ugeek:

This is Steam version. I'm in US, so might be language difference. Although I don't see anything wrong with your paths there, they are the same as mine.
Or maybe not detected because some search paths are missing?
Last edited by Pauldusler on Tue May 05, 2020 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

for3donly wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:52 pm Thanks Paul for a wonderful release to bring 3d into latest windows update. i just tried origin jedi fallen and it works fine in 3d, only an issue so far is that it cannot exit the game with its quit button, had to kill it with task manager, have no idea why. also just found that my powerdvd 18 that i uses for bluray 3d no longer works.
Did PowerDVD 18 still work with the BringBack Tool for you? For me DVD 18 still works but I haven't tested 3d blurays yet. I have all my 3D movies in mkv file format only. Somehwere I had 1 single 3D bluray but I can't find it currently xD.

EDIT: We don't need the driver hack for PowerDVD 18. The driver hack is needed for DX 11 games only. So the issue is not the driver hack but seomething else for you.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pm Today's curiosities: every time I update the manager : When I open it, it suggests that I should update the fixes( recently updated by the previous version) again, despite already being updated by previous version of the manager.
I wasn't able to reproduce that bug. The app updates itself + profiles once and is quiet then on my machine.
Actually somebody else also reported the same issue some time ago but I was never able to reproduce the bug and when looking into the code actually it can't update if no valid version data was received from the server.
Isaacvigo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pm Other things... mm. oh yes!, shadow of mordor is installed by steam
Maybe check if all search paths have been added to 3DFM (Settings tab)
Isaacvigo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pm About Black Sad: Yes... it is installed in an old and slow HDD , (facing around 5 minutes to aply the 315 mb shaders, fix)
Oh wow I forgot about how poor HDD performance can be. 20 seconds on my SSD compared to 5 minutes on your HDD. Actually I also still have 1 HDD in my computer (and 2 SSDs). This year however I will wipe the last HDD to only have SSDs then.
Is 3DFM installed on a SSD or HDD? I just remembered that the 3D fix is extracted to the 3DFM directory first and then copied to the game directory. If both the game and 3DFM are installed on a HDD this can lead to a double bottle neck.
Isaacvigo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pm Crazy idea of ​​the day: I know it's crazy but it would look great on the manager's games list, if each name were the color of the driver status you need ...
For example, games that work well without hack, in green. The games that need the hack in light blue ,Games that are supposed to malfunction (in the absence of installing the fix) in orange ... (an organic way of knowing on the fly, which way to use for each game)
Would be possible but I think most people would just wonder about the colors and not understand. You can just change the filter to "3dmigoto (DX11)" to see all games which require the dll hack. Although this is still not true as some DX11 still run without the hack. Would take too much time to test hundereds of games wether they work without the hack. Only thing where we can be sure is that UE 4 games don't run without the hack. Other engines might work or not.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Tue May 05, 2020 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ivan046
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ivan046 »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:51 am Not sure if this helps in your case but in HelixVision the value ist set to 0x00000004 and not 0x00000008.
Hello! I've tested 3D Fix Manager release 1.75 with all fixes for WMR and Win_19.03+ enabled bu still can't get SteamVR working without applying the following via Profile Inspector:
DisplayLink.xml
Desktop Windows Manager.xml
(had to rename from *.nip to *.xml to attach here)
Could you, please, add that to be applied automatically, too?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:02 am
Axhillock wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:23 pm With version 1.751, every time I try to launch Jedi Fallen Order it crashes at the menu screen, right when the 3D mode turns on. It doesn't matter if the Geforce Driver Mod is on or off, the results are the same. However, game works perfectly if I use Bringback3d to mod the Geforce drivers. Anyone else experiencing this?
Hi Axhillock,

thx for your feedback. So you see no error message happening when toggling the DLL hack on / off? This means that 3DFM was able to write the hack to the Geforce driver DLL in a subdirectory of "Windows Driver store" folder. However maybe it wrote to the wrong subdirectory there. Everytime we install a new Geforce driver the rubbish from previous driver installations is left behind in the driver store folder. So for finding the correct folder 3DFM goes through each folder and looks for a specific Geforce driver DLL. If found 3DFM evaluates if the version number of the DLL matches the currently installed Geforce drivers. If positive the folder is assumed to be the correct one. I didn't run into the issue yet but maybe there might be several "rubbish"-folders with the same DLL version number.

You can easily check which folder was detected by 3DFM. Just go to "Settings" tab. Then Navigate to sub-tab "Nvidia 3D Settings" and there you find a button "Driver Store" When you click on it (make sure 3D is enabled otherwise the button is disabled) the detected folder should be opened in Windows Explorer. Can you verify if this is the correct one?
For doing this please search for folders starting with "nv_dispi" in C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository. In each folder which was found check if the dlls there have the same version number as your geforce driver. (checking one arbitrary dll file is enough). E.g. for Geforce driver. 445.87 the dll files should have the version 26.21.14.4587 (the last 5 digits are important here reflecting the actual version). To see the version number of a DLL right click on it -> properties. Then navigate to "Details" tab. Here you got the "File Version". If you found 2 or more folders all containing the same driver version we got the issue.

EDIT:
ok lol seems like I could improve the detection of the driver location. We can ask windows easily where the DLL is located with this query and ManagementObjectSearcher class of .NET:
select name, pathname from Win32_SystemDriver where name='nvlddmkm'.

Lol sometimes I should just ask google before implementing something >.<.

Hey Paul, thanks for the quick reply. So I did what you said and here is what I found: when clicking on the "Driver Store" button, it takes me to this folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvrzi.inf_amd64_384e31a33ee77505
The dll files in this folder match the correct version of the Geforce driver I have (445.87). I also looked for the other folder that you mentioned, the one that starts with nv_dspi, and it too has the correct version dll files and I was only able to find one copy of it:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac
So my question now is does the directory that the Driver store button take me to have to be the same as the nv_dspi folder or should this be separate as I have currently setup?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Axhillock wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:12 am
Hey Paul, thanks for the quick reply. So I did what you said and here is what I found: when clicking on the "Driver Store" button, it takes me to this folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvrzi.inf_amd64_384e31a33ee77505
The dll files in this folder match the correct version of the Geforce driver I have (445.87). I also looked for the other folder that you mentioned, the one that starts with nv_dspi, and it too has the correct version dll files and I was only able to find one copy of it:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac
So my question now is does the directory that the Driver store button take me to have to be the same as the nv_dspi folder or should this be separate as I have currently setup?
Yeah, I think we found the bug then. 3DFM detects the wrong folder for you and modifes the copy of the files which are not used any more. I just looked into my windows store folder and I also have the nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac. 3DFM detected this one for me (I don't have any other copies with the same dll version so the bug didn't affect the detection for me).

I'll release a fixed version here later today. I already figured out a better approach how to detect the correct folder.
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:56 am
Axhillock wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:12 am
Yeah, I think we found the bug then. 3DFM detects the wrong folder for you and modifes the copy of the files which are not used any more. I just looked into my windows store folder and I also have the nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac. 3DFM detected this one for me (I don't have any other copies with the same dll version so the bug didn't affect the detection).
I'll release a fixed version here later today. I already figured out a better approach how to detect the correct folder.
Thanks alot Paul! Really appreciate the great work and dedication you put into this.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

3DFM 1.752 released:
Download 3DFM 1.752

Change Notes 3DFM 1.752
  • Improved detection of Geforce drivers in Windows driver store
  • WMR fix is applied to "DisplayLink" driver profile as well
  • WMR fix is enabled / disabled as soon as you tick the checkbox now (formerly only applied on game start / 3D on / off toggle)
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

3DFM 1,752 first view:
Everything seems to work as expected, (for lack of a deep test), although there are already a couple of observations;
.-The fixes of the games want to be updated again.
.- The error_log document. It is very crowded (23.6kb, dated today) currently, (I think is too much content to paste here) ...

Crazy idea of ​​the day:
This is more of a kind of possible challenge.
Routing one a. i. application, the implementation of a user observation routine, with a simple test: did this work for you yes / no?, the creation of a database that associates the response combined with a capture of the state of the system at that moment, ( relevant data for the desired purpose) ...
That database can be used in profiles.
This primitive principle of self-learning used with skill and creativity, (addition of certain voice responses, auto-corrections according to the system of each user, etc.) make a possible path to the future, proposed here, knowing that we have in this community several of the minds More creative and competent at technical levels with widely exceeded capacities, it can be an interesting challenge for some of them.
Last edited by Isaacvigo on Tue May 05, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

Still not working for me. Jedi Fallen Order and my other Origin games keep crashing. Here is the error message I keep getting with SWJFO:
<ErrorMessage>LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 200] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0020 - &apos;INTERNAL_ERROR&apos;) 0x00000001561df616 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x00000001561e12b0 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x00000001561be854 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x00000001561cb492 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x0000000156ea632b starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x00000001415039a6 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x000000015733d33f starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x0000000157341811 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x00000001556304a4 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x0000000156ee6e42 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x0000000141523db8 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x000000015596adcb starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x0000000155949a69 starwarsjedifallenorder.exe!UnknownFunction [] 0x00007ffd13817bd4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction [] 0x00007ffd1396ce51 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []</ErrorMessage>
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Axhillock wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:00 pm Still not working for me. Jedi Fallen Order and my other Origin games keep crashing. Here is the error message I keep getting with SWJFO:

I start to think that your problem is not related to 3dfm ...
I have tried "jedi" and some other origin games and they all work for me, in 2d, 3d.
(It doesn't matter if I run them with the manager or from their own executable, they work just fine as well.)
They even close me correctly when I give them out. (someone else reported that bug, but I don't have it)

As a suggestion:
I think it may be due to a bad installation of drivers on your system, (to prevent this you should use DDU, before doing the installation)
Another possibility is that your Origin installation has a conflict, (do these games work for you in 2d mode?)
Last edited by Isaacvigo on Tue May 05, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

Isaacvigo wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:11 pm
Axhillock wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:00 pm Still not working for me. Jedi Fallen Order and my other Origin games keep crashing. Here is the error message I keep getting with SWJFO:

I start to think that your problem is not related to 3dfm ...
I have tried "jedi" and some other origin games and they all work for me, in 2d, 3d.
(It doesn't matter if I run them with the manager or from their own executable, they work just fine as well.)

As a suggestion:
I think it may be due to a bad installation of drivers on your system, (to prevent this you should use DDU, before doing the installation)
Another possibility is that your Origin installation has a conflict, (do these games work for you in 2d mode?)
Yeah they work for me in 2d mode with no problem. If I use Bringback3d to mod the Nvidia drivers, it works with no problem. I've already tried DDU multiple times to reinstall my drivers, and the outcome is the same. Running out of ideas as to what might be causing this.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Axhillock wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:18 pm Yeah they work for me in 2d mode with no problem. If I use Bringback3d to mod the Nvidia drivers, it works with no problem. I've already tried DDU multiple times to reinstall my drivers, and the outcome is the same. Running out of ideas as to what might be causing this.
To which path does the "Driver Store" button point now? Actually when running DDU the Driver Store gets cleaned and you should not have any old Nvidia driver files / folders left there or the same geforce driver version twice in store.
When enabling / disabling dll hack with the toggle in the top right corner 3DFM rechecks whether the dll hack was successfull. For doing this it reads the dll and looks if the bytes have been replaced. If not the toggle is automatically reset to "off" and actually you should get an error message.
My best guess is that still the wrong dll is modified for you. When installing the driver via BringBack tool the modified dll is prepacked into the driver setup so it lands automatically on the right target spot ;). Please compare in which driver folder it lands with bring back tool and where 3DFM thinks the driver from bring back tool was installed to.

Btw still unclear if the hack works or works not for the other people in the 3D world ;). I can just see that 3DFM 1.75 was downloaded 290 times within 3 days and so far 3-4 people gave feedback if it works. Haha not much but I'd assume that it must work for most people then.
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:53 pm
Axhillock wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:18 pm Yeah they work for me in 2d mode with no problem. If I use Bringback3d to mod the Nvidia drivers, it works with no problem. I've already tried DDU multiple times to reinstall my drivers, and the outcome is the same. Running out of ideas as to what might be causing this.
To which path does the "Driver Store" button point now? Actually when running DDU the Driver Store gets cleaned and you should not have any old Nvidia driver files / folders left there or the same geforce driver version twice in store.
When enabling / disabling dll hack with the toggle in the top right corner 3DFM rechecks whether the dll hack was successfull. For doing this it reads the dll and looks if the bytes have been replaced. If not the toggle is automatically reset to "off" and actually you should get an error message.
My best guess is that still the wrong dll is modified for you. When installing the driver via BringBack tool the modified dll is prepacked into the driver setup so it lands automatically on the right target spot ;). Please compare in which driver folder it lands with bring back tool and where 3DFM thinks the driver from bring back tool was installed to.

Btw still unclear if the hack works or works not for the other people in the 3D world ;). I can just see that 3DFM 1.75 was downloaded 290 times within 3 days and so far 3-4 people gave feedback if it works. Haha not much but I'd assume that it must work for most people then.
Looks like the driver store button still shows the same folder as 1.751:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvrzi.inf_amd64_384e31a33ee77505

I'll try to install Bringback3d later tonight and see if the folder location is different.
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

Ok. I tried it with BringBack3d. Same Folder location, but the game works now.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Axhillock wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:03 pm Ok. I tried it with BringBack3d. Same Folder location, but the game works now.
Ok just as a experiment I'll give you a version later today which uses a hard-coded path to the other geforce driver folder in your windows driver store. I assume that folder still exists?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Ok here is the hard coded version for you Axhillock:

http://fixmanager.markus-guendert.de/do ... illock.zip

If you still have the C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac folder then 3DFM should choose this one now as it was hard-coded.
Verify this please by clicking on the "Driver Store" button.

I'm curious if it works now.
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Hi Paul,

Hope I'm included in the 3-4 people and I hope more people start to give you feedback soon. If there's anything specific you want us to test then please say.
I also have WMR and Helixvision, but never tried it because I was purely using 1809 for 3d visiona and 1903 for VR.

My only other observation is what I mentioned before. I have a complex setup, with 3 different 3d displays (One 3dtvplay, native 3d vision surround, One OLED (which I use interlaced).
The Nvidia drivers default to 3dtv play when I'm running to my TV, so I have to manually change to the optimised for Geforce mode after a reboot or an output switch.
I don't know if there's a way to link the 3d vision mode to the display profiles? It's very low priority anyway and I'll try it some more.

Thanks.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

Pauldusler wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 am Ok here is the hard coded version for you Axhillock:

If you still have the C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac folder then 3DFM should choose this one now as it was hard-coded.

Success! It works perfectly now!
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

russellk wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:46 am Hi Paul,

Hope I'm included in the 3-4 people and I hope more people start to give you feedback soon. If there's anything specific you want us to test then please say.
I also have WMR and Helixvision, but never tried it because I was purely using 1809 for 3d visiona and 1903 for VR.

My only other observation is what I mentioned before. I have a complex setup, with 3 different 3d displays (One 3dtvplay, native 3d vision surround, One OLED (which I use interlaced).
The Nvidia drivers default to 3dtv play when I'm running to my TV, so I have to manually change to the optimised for Geforce mode after a reboot or an output switch.
I don't know if there's a way to link the 3d vision mode to the display profiles? It's very low priority anyway and I'll try it some more.

Thanks.
Hi Russell,

yeah you're already included and thx for the feedback :).

Haha I'm just wondering what it means that very few people give feedback. Either the app runs great and there is no need to report anything. Or it can mean it has some errors and every one expects that someone else reports the errors ;). Who knows.

Concerning HelixVision - did the WMR crashfix work for you there? ivan046 previously wrote (see some posts above) he also needs to apply a modification for "DisplayLink" driver profile as well which we didn't have in HelixVision yet so far.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Axhillock wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:19 am
Pauldusler wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 am Ok here is the hard coded version for you Axhillock:

Success! It works perfectly now!
Ok nice!
So we know the following:
  • Your driver is installed to path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac
  • When asking Windows programmatically in 3DFM 1.752 it will tell that your driver is installed to another path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvrzi.inf_amd64_384e31a33ee77505
  • On detecting the driver 3DFM 1.75 takes the first path matching the criteria in windows driver store (which is the same path Win10 returns) ...nvrzi.inf_amd64_384e31a33ee77505 as it comes first in alphabet.
So my question: What is the nvrzi.inf_amd64_384e31a33ee77505 folder about? Where does it come from? And why thinks Windows 10 that your driver is installed there although not true.
Does the path get wiped if you run DDU?

We still haven't solved the issue as the version you currently use has a hard-coded path which breaks on next geforce driver update.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Your specs might be why. Please let us know what they are (e.g. CPU, GPU, display, ASUS laptop, etc.) in addition to the questions above. I've seen a couple other folder names, but don't know what triggers them to appear when installing an nvidia driver.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Just relooked at the code and saw that from ManagementObjectSearcher I also take the first result only. Maybe there are two results or more on his system. So I think two Nvidia drivers are registered to his Win10. Maybe due to SLI? I'll make a small console application with a text output for him where he can verify.
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

schwing wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:49 am     Your specs might be why. Please let us know what they are (e.g. CPU, GPU, display, ASUS laptop, etc.) in addition to the questions above. I've seen a couple other folder names, but don't know what triggers them to appear when installing an nvidia driver.
Monitor: Asus PG27V
Laptop: Razer Blade 14 i7-6700HQ @ 2.6Ghz 16 GB RAM
On board Video: Nvidia 970m, Intel HD530
External GPU via Razer Core: GTX 1070 Founder's Edition
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Axhillock wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:00 am
schwing wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:49 am     Your specs might be why. Please let us know what they are (e.g. CPU, GPU, display, ASUS laptop, etc.) in addition to the questions above. I've seen a couple other folder names, but don't know what triggers them to appear when installing an nvidia driver.
Lol that explains a lot. You have two different Nvidia cards installed. Both of course need their own driver in Windows driver store. That's a pretty exotic combination you are using there - not worth mentioning earlier?

EDIT: This throws new questions:
Is it possible installing different graphics driver versions? For example for your 970m version 425.31 and for GTX 1080 445.87?
I ask because 3DFM uses NVAPI to get the version of the driver. The API is returning only 1 result and not 2 or more. This would make you run in further issues in 3DFM when installing different driver versions xD.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Wed May 06, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

Pauldusler wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:28 am
Axhillock wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:00 am
Lol that explains a lot. You have two different Nvidia cards installed. Both of course need their own driver in Windows driver store. That's a pretty exotic combination you are using there - not worth mentioning earlier?
Well I thought by using DDU it would uninstall all Nvidia drivers so essentially I would only have 1 driver set when I install for my 1070. Is there another method of going about this?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Could you please run this console application? http://fixmanager.markus-guendert.de/do ... rivers.zip
It writes a result.txt to the folder where the ConsoleApp19.exe is. Please attach the file here or send it to duselpaul86@gmx.de. It lists all installed drivers on your system just to have clarity.

But still I wouldn't know how to identify which driver in driver store belongs to which Nvidia graphics card. Actually the driver hack would have to be applied to both folders then.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Maybe the folder for each graphics card (replacing the "...") will help (unless ManagementObjectSearcher finds this information already)

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\...\0000\
    and look for if the D3DOGL_HDMI_Stereo or D3DOGL_EnableConsumerStereoSupport values exist to check for which card is used for 3D Vision. They don't exist for my laptop, but they do for my 3D Vision setup (1 GPU). There is also InstalledDisplayDrivers which I suppose you already found.

Also, looking at this page, I see that the "Device Key" in dxdiag (that looks like the below) is the "Supported ids:" on the right side. They seem to link up with the inf file in question. For example, I have a dxdiag of a user whose driver is nvdmi.inf, and they have the following:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B80&SUBSYS_068B1028&REV_A1
    Exclude the &REV_A1 part at the end and only one CTRL+F result appears on the page, next to nvdmi.inf.

For mine (below), only the part before the &SUBSYS appears in an inf file. Multiple inf files contain that, but only nv_dispi.inf (my 3DV setup's driver) contains the exact string PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8 which I found from using GrepWin on the Display.Driver folder of the extracted gfx driver install. Make sure to filter on *.inf to search only those files.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8&SUBSYS_49933842&REV_A
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Hi Schwing,

I just found a way to get the info which card uses which path.

I just have to query Win32_VideoController instead of Win32_SystemDriver.
There is indeed the "InstalledDisplayDrivers" option you talked about. Strangely the content of this is 4 times the same. E.g. ManagementObjectSearcher gives me this for "InstalledDisplayDrivers":
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac\nvldumdx.dll

(4x times the same content comma separated). Pretty weird but no problem to clean this.

I like to keep it simple.

I keep querying Win32_SystemDriver as before because here I have the option to filter for Nvidia drivers (get rid of Intel HD or AMD xy onboard driver). Then I add a check if exactly one result was found. If that's the case (surely for 99% of all users) we run the same procedure as before and just grab the path to the driver store and are finished.
If more results are found then Win32_VideoController has to be queried to get the graphics card name for each result of Win32_SystemDriver. Then I just take the first one which does not end on "M" which stands for "Mobile" graphics cards. Hopefully this will work.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”