3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:43 am Ill try beta 8 as soon is possible.
Too late as Beta 9 is released now ;)

It adds the toggle in the upper right corner. Next I'll do is the icon in the tray. Not sure yet which icon to choose there.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Ill try 9 then , next 2 hours...
For the tray icon, I can suggest you edit the symbols of your own current icon, so that they vary in 3 different colors, simple and effective

P.D.- would it be possible to add a toggle for the fix with mixed reality, or would that deconfigure other things?

Edit.- After a quick test, and pleasantly surprised, it works incredibly fast and without errors.
My most sincere congratulations!!.
(I will continue to subject your tool to harsh tests (not due to evil or sadism) and if I find any error I will post it here if it seems right to you).
:D
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:21 pm Ill try 9 then , next 2 hours...
For the tray icon, I can suggest you edit the symbols of your own current icon, so that they vary in 3 different colors, simple and effective

P.D.- would it be possible to add a toggle for the fix with mixed reality, or would that deconfigure other things?

Edit.- After a quick test, and pleasantly surprised, it works incredibly fast and without errors.
My most sincere congratulations!!.
(I will continue to subject your tool to harsh tests (not due to evil or sadism) and if I find any error I will post it here if it seems right to you).
:D
Haha yeah I told you it will be superior to killing processes. Also the original DLLs are renamed only - not overwritten. So it's not that critical to apply any more. This was tadpole's idea and recommendation how to do it! It's just packed behind some C# /.NET code and a GUI now.

Yeah right. Almost forgot. I'll add the toggle for the WMR fix. Unfortunately I have no option to test any crashes as I have Oculus only. In HelixVision the crash fix is automatically forced when starting a game. So here it's not required.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

I have had an idea, suddenly, opening the application, I consider that it may be interesting for you:
Thinking about tool speed and an improvement in speed / usability; how about a two step tool load ?; Step 1.- when opening the application a simple keypad is opened (loading the driver manager, etc ... to have control of the health status of nvidia related to 3d ..
and, an extra button to unleash the full potential of the tool, which produces the full tool load with all games fixes.
In most cases we would use the keypad daily to activate deactivate options, and in a few and specific occasions we would open the complete tool to check the status of all games.

(In my particular case, sadly, I have 21 HDds associated with the PC, with around 900 games installed, (for testing reasons, emulations, etc ...), the load in case of using all the locations can be prolonged, for I use a small part of the locations. From this came the idea to start in two parts ... since I think I'm going to use your tool from windows startup from now on.)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:22 pm I have had an idea, suddenly, opening the application, I consider that it may be interesting for you:
Thinking about tool speed and an improvement in speed / usability; how about a two step tool load ?; Step 1.- when opening the application a simple keypad is opened (loading the driver manager, etc ... to have control of the health status of nvidia related to 3d ..
and, an extra button to unleash the full potential of the tool, which produces the full tool load with all games fixes.
In most cases we would use the keypad daily to activate deactivate options, and in a few and specific occasions we would open the complete tool to check the status of all games.

(In my particular case, sadly, I have 21 HDds associated with the PC, with around 900 games installed, (for testing reasons, emulations, etc ...), the load in case of using all the locations can be prolonged, for I use a small part of the locations. From this came the idea to start in two parts ... since I think I'm going to use your tool from windows startup from now on.)
Start of 3DFM can take really long for power users having installed hundreds of games. This issue has been reported by some other power users as well in Geforce forum in the past. App start takes long as 3DFM searches for games every time when the application is loaded. That's great for the ordinary people who have only 50 games installed approximately. Then the app is loaded in < 3 seconds and everything is up to date. Only installed games are shown (if there is a profile for all affected games in 3dfm of course). Geforce experience for example does the opposite. It just loads cashed data from previous game searches and might show games which are not installed any more as the cache isn't up to date any more. So roughly a year ago I decided to do the same approach like Geforce Experience does. But not by default. Power users have to enable them manually found in -> Settings / Application Settings tab. There is an option "Cache detected games for faster app start". If I would redevelop the app from cratch I would choose the same approach as Geforce Experience does (by default) as most people don't recognize if a minor number of games isn't installed any more but still in the list of "installed" games. Nvidia "solves" this problem by just showing an error message when trying to start such a not installed game via Geforce Experience. But still there is a lacking mechanism in 3DFM which would search the games afterwards in a background process to update its cache. This is what Geforce Experience already does: Load cashed results and then a scheduler decides whether to update the list with a background process searching for games. This approximately takes 10 minutes for small HDDs like mine (4-5 TB). For your system the complete Geforce Experience search will surely take 1-2 hours but Nvidia hides this to the user as the mechanism automatically starts in background. 3DFM game search is relative fast compared to Geforce Experience as there are several performance optimizations like folder names are matched to game profiles and not the executable. This skips listing / comparing all files of a folder. Also the search is canceled when reaching the a specific depth of search.

To cut a long story short: Enabling the mentioned option in 3DFM should solve your issues of long startup time with 3DFM.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 18 times in total.
ZePRiNCE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZePRiNCE »

Just tested beta 9 on French Windows 1903, everything works great.

The new DLL switch method seems very nice ^^
Too bad you spent time to list all processes and killed them, lol, but thats the life of development :)

I like the new trigger for the DLL Patch, less dark magic, more transparence, I like :)

Great work as always. Thank you Paul !
CM: Asus ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 8086k Delid @ 5.2GHz / 1.405v
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3333 MHz CL16 (2x16Go)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition
3DTV: LG 65C6V
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

ZePRiNCE wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:07 pm Just tested beta 9 on French Windows 1903, everything works great.

The new DLL switch method seems very nice ^^
Too bad you spent time to list all processes and killed them, lol, but thats the life of development :)

I like the new trigger for the DLL Patch, less dark magic, more transparence, I like :)

Great work as always. Thank you Paul !
Yeah developing can be nasty xD. I had already added all the texts for the error messages in English and German in case of processes couldn't be killed, dlls are still blocked etc. Also added a x86 console application for detecting x86 processes blocking DLLs. And then suddenly I just selected all the lines of code and chose "comment" in Visual Studio which disabled them for doing a better approach xD. Later they will be deleted and forgotten *cry* ;D. But that happened endless time since I started 3DFM ;_;.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

A curious detail.
I have applied the cache search version ..
Then I have gone to review some other fix, with the tool:
I have got 2 out of 3 bugs; Wreckfest.- failure, after downloading the fix does not install it and then describes "game not installed"
World war Z.- correct, install and uninstall the wrapper without problems.
what remains of Edit finch.- failure, after downloading the fix it does not install it and then it describes "game not installed".
I have tried those 3 and I have not followed, (for not deconfiguring the others)
Those that give error remain in dark gray.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Actually I haven't tested the feature any more since years as app start takes 2 seconds on my machine with active game search enabled. Also since HelixVision there have been changes applied by Bo3b and me. I'll have to relook at this. Just toggling on the feature worked for my few games compared to your huge game library.

If I would have more time and have endless motiviation I would do 3DFM by scratch. Actually I started. But never have implemented more than a prototype of a more modern gui. See here:

Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Maybe someday that motivation will arise for some good reason.
You really deserve the best for your enormous effort and the result of your work.
I hope and wish that life gives you that motivation, perhaps in exchange for some compensation large enough to inspire you.
The new interface looks perfect and adapted to the So, in the new (and future) dark trend.
Returning to the issue of the bug, disabling the start / search cache, the fixes are installed again perfectly.

Edit 1- A curious new detail. The first time I used the new tool It sets the 3d separation to 1 ... After manually changing it to 100, it was resolved.

Edit 2- A new detail: When you turn off app notifications; when closing it completely without the message of option not to deactivate the hack.
The application disables the hack. Maybe it was more friendly that respects the options you have chosen. Otherwise it is mandatory to keep the notifications activated

Edit 3- 3D mode enabled on game launch does not make any changes being activated or deactivated ...
It is mandatory for some games like " ffxIII" that you start off for them to work, but turning the box on or off doesn't make any changes.

Edit 4- In Sync mode of IR render: option 3 (3Dvision LAN environment), disables synchronization with the glasses completely. (need to turn on / off 3D to apply)
ramcaid
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ramcaid »

Pauldusler wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:54 am
But before doing so can you please open the file and look what is in line 14-18? Just that I have some context info. Or simply paste the whole file here xD.

C:\Users\Campbell\AppData\Local\FixManager\3DFixManager.exe_Url_rdbp5fjo2fucn1j43wqnzobzl4piebxr\1.0.0.0\user.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<userSettings>
<FixManager.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="WindowWidth" serializeAs="String">
<value>160</value>
</setting>
<setting name="WindowHeight" serializeAs="String">
<value>28</value>
</setting>
<setting name="WindowTop" serializeAs="String">
<value>0</value>
</setting>
<setting name="WindowLeft" serializeAs="String">
<value>0</value>
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:20 pm Edit 1- A curious new detail. The first time I used the new tool It sets the 3d separation to 1 ... After manually changing it to 100, it was resolved.
Not sure why that happened for you. Wasn't able to reproduce.

Isaacvigo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:20 pm Edit 2- A new detail: When you turn off app notifications; when closing it completely without the message of option not to deactivate the hack.
The application disables the hack. Maybe it was more friendly that respects the options you have chosen. Otherwise it is mandatory to keep the notifications activated
People will surely forget to disable the hack and sooner or later they wonder why some of their EAC games have been banned ;). That's the reason I force to disable.

Isaacvigo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:20 pm Edit 3- 3D mode enabled on game launch does not make any changes being activated or deactivated ...
It is mandatory for some games like " ffxIII" that you start off for them to work, but turning the box on or off doesn't make any changes.
You have to press the apply-button to confirm the changes then it should work. I agree that it's absolutely confusing as some settings don't need the apply button and some need.

Isaacvigo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:20 pm Edit 4- In Sync mode of IR render: option 3 (3Dvision LAN environment), disables synchronization with the glasses completely. (need to turn on / off 3D to apply)
This needs the "Apply" button as well to work. I didn't get any synchronization inssues with LAN-mode.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Beta 10 is released.
It introduces new tray icons where you can immediately see if 3D is on without the hack / with the hack / or 3D is disabled.
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

Many thanks for the new beta, the systray icon changing is great (especially the red icon for when the dlls are changed). The 3d on/off icons are a little too similar for my eyes though, could the "3d on" be made a little brighter perhaps to stand out?

Also would it be possible to add the toggles (or on/off text) to the right click menu of the systray, and maybe have an option* to minimize 3DFM to the systray? It would then make a great always-on solution!

EDIT: *just discovered that closing the app leaves the systray icon in place :)
EDIT: also adjusted text as I keep getting taskbar and systray muddled!
Pauldusler wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:44 am Beta 10 is released.
It introduces new tray icons where you can immediately see if 3D is on without the hack / with the hack / or 3D is disabled.
Edit: not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but I can toggle the dll changes in the main window while 3D is off (the systray icon remains the white 2D one before and after toggling this). Now that toggling is so quick and painless, I can't think of a situation where this would be useful (but could accidentally lead to the wrong dlls being in place when running EAC games). Maybe the toggle should either be disabled or pull the 3D toggle on too?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

tadpole wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 am Many thanks for the new beta, the systray icon changing is great (especially the red icon for when the dlls are changed). The 3d on/off icons are a little too similar for my eyes though, could the "3d on" be made a little brighter perhaps to stand out?

Also would it be possible to add the toggles (or on/off text) to the right click menu of the systray, and maybe have an option* to minimize 3DFM to the systray? It would then make a great always-on solution!

EDIT: *just discovered that closing the app leaves the systray icon in place :)
EDIT: also adjusted text as I keep getting taskbar and systray muddled!
Pauldusler wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:44 am Beta 10 is released.
Edit: not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but I can toggle the dll changes in the main window while 3D is off (the systray icon remains the white 2D one before and after toggling this). Now that toggling is so quick and painless, I can't think of a situation where this would be useful (but could accidentally lead to the wrong dlls being in place when running EAC games). Maybe the toggle should either be disabled or pull the 3D toggle on too?
For the 3D icon I used "Nvidia green" but can make that a bit more saturated and brighter.

In my opinion the user should have the option to disable the hack anytime even if he's in 2D mode. I want to keep that decoupled from 3D on / off state.
But I think I forgot one icon. We need 4 icons - not 3. We have 4 states:
  • 2D (dll hack disabled) -> white 2D icon
  • 2D (dll hack enabled) -> red 2D icon
  • 3D (dll hack disabled) -> green 3D icon
  • 3D (dll hack enabled) -> red 3D icon
So we will have 2 red icons which are more difficult to distinguish but normally we shouldn't see the red 2D icon. This only happens if the user denied the warning message to restore driver default or when he toggled of 3D in Nvidia Control Panel. Other scenarios: the application crashed for some reason or process was killed in task manager. Then on next start we will see the red 2D icon.

Yeah I can still add a item to the context menu of the tray icon to disable / enable 3D

Edit:
Ah maybe I understood wrong. If 2D is off and DLL not applied it's indeed not good when the user can still use the DLL toggle. He should be able to toggle it off but not to toggle on as this is absolutely unnecessary in 2D mode. I'll diable the toggle for this case.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Fri May 01, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

I will try new beta next hours....
Yesterday i was 8 hours testing beta 9... (i try even most of the fixes), All of tests was maded aplying, restarting, reinstalling...
The fact is... missfunctions are there Like it or not.. "Press Apply button" not fix the issues... (Yesterday i use the apply button around 300 times )
I know is sad but im just trying to help.
Anyway the Tool is awesome

Edit 1.- First beta 10 sight: Congratulations, much better now, but ...
I think that the red color is related to errors, and the icon could be used for it, I think that the hack would be better in another color (possibly blue, or if you prefer orange, which means warning),
Most of the time, because it is the position that offers all the 3D options, the activated position is 3d plus hack .. (I think the red color would be good to reflect a dysfunction)
Particularly for unofficial things I use a yellow, mustard ...but I think blue is more related to w10 possibly turquoise(means going on/ok , plus w10).
(Currently I have made these changes in your application for my own pc, using light blue instead of red, and it is much more pleasing to the eye.)

Edit 2.- Changing the state of the 3d manually (either with a batch or with the nvidia panel): The manager does not recognize the change and the icon does not reflect the correct state.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Image Image Image Image

This is not the optimal for the tray, cause are not designed to be so small... but is what im using as batch icons as a suggest.

Image Image Image

Those are what im using actually..

Image Image Image

Those last are my bet, taking into account and maintaining the style of the original icon (in the app seems nice)

This is a quick aproach... But considering that it is easy to test them, with a little time I will look for the best ones for me, and I will post them in case they seem good to you, to adopt them
Last edited by Isaacvigo on Fri May 01, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:10 am
Edit 2.- Changing the state of the 3d manually (either with a batch or with the nvidia panel): The manager does not recognize the change and the icon does not reflect the correct state.
Just succeeded in synchronizing 3D state of Nvidia Control Panel with 3DFM. I added a Registry Watcher listening for changes of the Nvidia Stereo 3D On / Off registry key. If it was changed an event is fired and an event handler sets the 3DFM toggle to the correct position.

Good idea about the icons. Yeah red is a bit too aggressive stating that there is an error although there isn't. I'll change this now and then Beta 11 is released.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Beta 11 is released.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Beta 11 .- first sight: Facing the perfection ...
Sublime!

In "green" state, the switch for the "blue" state is missing
In "blue" state , the switch for the "green" state is missing also

Edit 1.- Registry Watcher is perfectly operational and works instantly

( Currently your tool has risen from category, going from 3d fix manager to 3d Manager, as a suggestion for icon overscroll display ) ;)

Edit 2.- The red icon, I think it would be perfect, in the case of not detecting a correct installation of the 3d drivers, a state that is reached when a new installation is made or drivers are changed / removed.
Last edited by Isaacvigo on Fri May 01, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:22 pm Beta 11 .- first sight: Facing the perfection ...
Sublime!
Haha thx
Isaacvigo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:22 pm In "green" state, the switch for the "blue" state is missing
In "blue" state , the switch for the "green" state is missing also
What do you mean with this? Is the DLL hack toggle not visible for you any more in the top right corner?
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Oh. Sorry!.
Yes yes, in the application it is present as always ... I mean in the wonderful new quick access on the tray, (It would be great and super agile to be able to change it there)

Image Image Image Image

I have made these small changes to your icons, and emptying the black inside they look great in use,(they adapt to any desktop, no matter how well tuned it is)

Edit 1.- Checking the folders in the application installation, I found 2gb of old drivers ... 430.86, for example.
Are they intended for the operation of the application? They appear on the date 6/7/2019 ...
Perhaps, since we are in beta version of improvements, an automated revision / cleaning of obsolete files can be done.

Edit 2.- Although it seems that I intend to stress you .. haha, nothing is further from reality.
I take advantage of the time that I do an intensive testing, to leave here my impressions in case they are useful for you at any time. :)
For me, this tool of yours begins to look like what I think the Nvidia configuration panel should always have been.
You have talent and knowledge, there is no doubt about that. I sincerely believe that the tool has evolved from a tool that collects and applies fixes, to a serious administrator for the maintenance of new technologies on the screen, I hope it has repercussions in your future, but for now you have given us all a gift of 3D and nvidia cards in general, I think that when more people know your tool it will become a standard for the entire community
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:31 pm Oh. Sorry!.
Yes yes, in the application it is present as always ... I mean in the wonderful new quick access on the tray, (It would be great and super agile to be able to change it there)
Done. See Beta 12 . Adding the menu items for the tray element sucks a bit because the tray is based on Windows Forms which is absolutely deprecated but Microsoft was too lazy to provide something new for WPF. So no support for data binding, converters etc.

Isaacvigo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:31 pm I have made these small changes to your icons, and emptying the black inside they look great in use,(they adapt to any desktop, no matter how well tuned it is)
I just tried the transparent version of the icons but I think they are lacking a bit of contrast. It really depens on the color of the task bar which is set. I think a black background will be the best compromise for most people but feel free to use your own.

Isaacvigo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:31 pm Edit 1.- Checking the folders in the application installation, I found 2gb of old drivers ... 430.86, for example.
Are they intended for the operation of the application? They appear on the date 6/7/2019 ...
Perhaps, since we are in beta version of improvements, an automated revision / cleaning of obsolete files can be done.
Thought it would be only 1 gb or so :D. Leaving the rubbish has the advantage that there is always enough HDD space for downloading newer drivers. Because shortly before downloading the old files are deleted and we have enough space again lol. Ok that's just a lame excuse :P.

Isaacvigo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:31 pm Edit 2.- Although it seems that I intend to stress you .. haha, nothing is further from reality.
I take advantage of the time that I do an intensive testing, to leave here my impressions in case they are useful for you at any time. :)
For me, this tool of yours begins to look like what I think the Nvidia configuration panel should always have been.
You have talent and knowledge, there is no doubt about that. I sincerely believe that the tool has evolved from a tool that collects and applies fixes, to a serious administrator for the maintenance of new technologies on the screen, I hope it has repercussions in your future, but for now you have given us all a gift of 3D and nvidia cards in general, I think that when more people know your tool it will become a standard for the entire community
Thanks for your kind words and thx again for testing and helping brining 3DFM to the next level. Don't worry - you're not stressing me :P. Glad of every feedback here!
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

Hi, many thanks for Beta 11 - this is working perfectly now. Special thanks for adding the 3d toggle to the right-click menu!

Apologies for being picky, but my eyes are now finding it hard to differentiate between the icons for 3d-on and for 3d-on with modded dlls. I still prefer the red icons (I see you left a red one in for 2d with modded dlls for instance) as they are an easy-to-spot "warning" that EAC games can't be run.

I hope this isn't in disagreement with Isaacvigo, he has been putting a lot of hours into testing this. Also, as with his post, I hope none of this is causing any stress, this tool is amazing and many thanks for all the work you have been putting into it!
Pauldusler wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:48 pm Beta 11 is released.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Beta 12 is released.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Pauldusler wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:34 am Beta 12 is released.
Super happy with the little improvement!
In my particular case the "emptied" icons look better, that's why I have applied them.
The application I see it ready to leave beta, in my opinion: I still have the bugs mentioned in previous posts, (impossible to start with 3d inactive, etc.), but they are minor details taking into account the incredible improvements and implementations.
In the future it would be good to consider the red icon for when drivers are missing. and some other small detail ...
But in my particular case, just like this, it is already a beast!
Congratulations.

P:D.- Then can I empty the contents of the "Drivers" folder without problem? That has not been clear to me.
Cheers :D

Edit 1.- I would be lying if I did not say that there is a small detail that I find uncomfortable ...
The fact of not being able to deactivate the alerts for state changes, at the risk of having the hack deactivated if I need to close the program ...
(I think the ideal would be to make it optional too).
And with this in principle I think that nothing is left behind...
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:24 pm
Pauldusler wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:34 am Beta 12 is released.
Super happy with the little improvement!
In my particular case the "emptied" icons look better, that's why I have applied them.
The application I see it ready to leave beta, in my opinion: I still have the bugs mentioned in previous posts, (impossible to start with 3d inactive, etc.), but they are minor details taking into account the incredible improvements and implementations.
In the future it would be good to consider the red icon for when drivers are missing. and some other small detail ...
But in my particular case, just like this, it is already a beast!
Congratulations.

P:D.- Then can I empty the contents of the "Drivers" folder without problem? That has not been clear to me.
Cheers :D

Edit 1.- I would be lying if I did not say that there is a small detail that I find uncomfortable ...
The fact of not being able to deactivate the alerts for state changes, at the risk of having the hack deactivated if I need to close the program ...
(I think the ideal would be to make it optional too).
And with this in principle I think that nothing is left behind...
You are allowed to delete "GeforceDriverDownload" folder and the folder where the driver was extracted. The rest needs to stay in place otherwise 3DFM can't install the 3D Vision driver.

There's an option in "Nvidia 3D Settings" tab to disable the warning messages. However then 3DFM decides to undo the driver hack on closing / switching to 2D mode. First I'll leave it like that as I still think doing things with system files is rather critical so I want to minimize the risk for people being banned from their games etc.

Yeah I also think that it's time to roll out the package to the people. Today I added all missing fixes from helixmod.blogspot to 3DFM (roughly 64 new profiles). But sadly for most new profiles some data are missing which prevents the games to be detected by 3DFM. Reason is that Losti did not provide any related information for me on the blog. I'm no clairvoyant so I can't know what the name of the exe file for starting the game is nor where the file is located relatively to the root folder of the game. 3DFM needs this data to match an exe on the HDD to a 3DFM profile. Steam has a database where you can look for this info (www.steamdb.info) but for UE 4 games only the name of the main exe is provided and not of the xyz-win64-shipping.exe which is the actual important exe and the relative path is missing as well then. And for games which are epic store exclusive I have no clue... I can only look if Nvidia tells the exe name in one of their driver profiles but often there is no profile as Indie games are not worth being added by Nvidia. Not critical now but I will ask Losti for the missing data. Of course I could find out the info by installing those games but first I don't own these games and second it would take ages (only have 50 mbit here) xD.

But anyway release of the final will be tomorrow (Sunday).
Last edited by Pauldusler on Sat May 02, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

tadpole wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:12 am Hi, many thanks for Beta 11 - this is working perfectly now. Special thanks for adding the 3d toggle to the right-click menu!

Apologies for being picky, but my eyes are now finding it hard to differentiate between the icons for 3d-on and for 3d-on with modded dlls. I still prefer the red icons (I see you left a red one in for 2d with modded dlls for instance) as they are an easy-to-spot "warning" that EAC games can't be run.

I hope this isn't in disagreement with Isaacvigo, he has been putting a lot of hours into testing this. Also, as with his post, I hope none of this is causing any stress, this tool is amazing and many thanks for all the work you have been putting into it!
Pauldusler wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:48 pm Beta 11 is released.
I agree with Isaacvigo in the regard that color red rather signalises an error. If dll hack is applied this is not an error. So I would rather tend to color orange then. But I already use this color for 2D mode + hack applied because this state is absolutely none-sense and should be undone as fast as possible! We don't need the DLL hack for 2D mode! Not sure if color blue is the best if state "3D + hack" is applied but you can replace the icons yourself. They are located in Images\Tray Icons.

Here is the Photoshop file I've created for this: http://fixmanager.markus-guendert.de/do ... ayIcon.zip. Feel free to change colors here. My procedure was to save each photoshop layer in a png file first and then for converting into .ico format I used this online converter https://icoconvert.com/ selecting 16x16, 32x32 and 64x64 resolution to pack into .ico file.
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

Pauldusler wrote: But sadly for most new profiles some data are missing which prevents the games to be detected by 3DFM.
I wonder how easy it would be to make the HelixMod blog page and 3DFM work better with each other. Perhaps HelixMod could have the option to include a profile with each fix which could be picked up by 3DFM so that the program is always up to date.
Pauldusler wrote: you can replace the icons yourself. They are located in Images\Tray Icons.
I hadn't realised the icons were that accessible, many thanks for this. I swapped out the red one from Beta 10 and it works perfectly for me without breaking it for everyone else.

If you are about to roll out the final version, don't forget to update the version number (the betas all still say 1.74 - possibly this is intentional?)

Many thanks again for this amazing update!
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

How about a: "Remember, you have the hack activated: do you want to deactivate it before exiting?"
That final warning would be enough for the state without notifications during the service. :roll:

P.d.- By the way. Consider the option of leveling up the application by renaming "3D Manager" without "fix" limitation,(or even "3D Butler", "3D Partner", doctor, friend, companion...almost "3D-A.I." someday), since it is now much more than a fix manager
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Pauldusler wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:11 pmYeah I also think that it's time to roll out the package to the people. Today I added all missing fixes from helixmod.blogspot to 3DFM (roughly 64 new profiles). But sadly for most new profiles some data are missing which prevents the games to be detected by 3DFM. Reason is that Losti did not provide any related information for me on the blog. I'm no clairvoyant so I can't know what the name of the exe file for starting the game is nor where the file is located relatively to the root folder of the game. 3DFM needs this data to match an exe on the HDD to a 3DFM profile. Steam has a database where you can look for this info (www.steamdb.info) but for UE 4 games only the name of the main exe is provided and not of the xyz-win64-shipping.exe which is the actual important exe and the relative path is missing as well then. And for games which are epic store exclusive I have no clue... I can only look if Nvidia tells the exe name in one of their driver profiles but often there is no profile as Indie games are not worth being added by Nvidia. Not critical now but I will ask Losti for the missing data. Of course I could find out the info by installing those games but first I don't own these games and second it would take ages (only have 50 mbit here) xD.

But anyway release of the final will be tomorrow (Sunday).
Sir, Pauldusler, really excellent work here, very nice improvements. Thank you kindly for your continuing development on this most excellent tool.

I knew there were a bunch of new games fixed, but Wow! 65! Our ShaderHackers continue to astonish, a year after being canceled.

For locating the files names- I can help. You can find these using the steamdb.info. Still going to be manual, but the file names and the full manifest are available for every game.

Take as an example State of Decay 2 that Losti just fixed recently. It's a UE4 game, so has the goofball file names.

Main page:
https://steamdb.info/app/495420/

If you drill down to the Depots in center nav bar, you get 5 depots. In that next page:

https://steamdb.info/app/495420/depots/

You will see the Dayton PUBLIC depot, which is 17G in size, clearly the game itself. If you click on that, you get:

https://steamdb.info/depot/495422/

Which is an entire list of every file in the depot. If you scroll down here, you can find the path:

Code: Select all

StateOfDecay2
   Binaries
     Win64
        StateOfDecay2-Win64-Shipping.exe
Which gives you the crazy name for this one.

Let me know if that isn't clear. This works for every game on Steam I think.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

bo3bber wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:22 pm
Sir, Pauldusler, really excellent work here, very nice improvements. Thank you kindly for your continuing development on this most excellent tool.

I knew there were a bunch of new games fixed, but Wow! 65! Our ShaderHackers continue to astonish, a year after being canceled.

For locating the files names- I can help. You can find these using the steamdb.info. Still going to be manual, but the file names and the full manifest are available for every game.

Take as an example State of Decay 2 that Losti just fixed recently. It's a UE4 game, so has the goofball file names.

Main page:
https://steamdb.info/app/495420/

If you drill down to the Depots in center nav bar, you get 5 depots. In that next page:

https://steamdb.info/app/495420/depots/

You will see the Dayton PUBLIC depot, which is 17G in size, clearly the game itself. If you click on that, you get:

https://steamdb.info/depot/495422/

Which is an entire list of every file in the depot. If you scroll down here, you can find the path:

StateOfDecay2
   Binaries
     Win64
        StateOfDecay2-Win64-Shipping.exe
Which gives you the crazy name for this one.

Let me know if that isn't clear. This works for every game on Steam I think.
Hi Master Bo3b,

Thx, this was really helpful. I was able to find the missing info for most games.
However still for some games I couldn't add the info as data on Steamdb was either encrypted or the game was Epic store exlusive.
Here is a list of profiles which are still not complete:
  • Arise: A Simple Story
  • The Humankind Odyssey
  • Shenmue III
  • MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries
  • Moderium
  • The Sojourn
  • Patched world
  • NOXIAM -miserable sinners-
  • Corruption 2029
  • Finding the Soul Orb
Do you have one or the other game installed currently?
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Paul, thanks so much for all your hard work, this sounds amazing.

I've been using 3dfm since the beginning (I'm rustyk21 on the old forums) but I haven't used it for a while since I have been running a dual boot system.

The tool has always been exceptional but you seem to have achieved something I thought impossible so I think now's the time to install the Beta and play with 3d vision again on my up to date W10 install!

Thanks again :-D
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

russellk wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:38 am Paul, thanks so much for all your hard work, this sounds amazing.

I've been using 3dfm since the beginning (I'm rustyk21 on the old forums) but I haven't used it for a while since I have been running a dual boot system.

The tool has always been exceptional but you seem to have achieved something I thought impossible so I think now's the time to install the Beta and play with 3d vision again on my up to date W10 install!

Thanks again :-D
I've rolled the version out to all people now.

Just try the final version here ;). http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3d ... nager.html

Thx to everyone who helped testing and giving feedback / recommedations!
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Congratulations on the official launch day!

I have found this routes:
.- *:\Arise A Simple Story\Arise.exe (not other exes involved)
.- *:\Ancestors The Humankind Odyssey\Ancestors\Binaries\Win64\Ancestors-Win64-Shipping.exe
.- *:\The Sojourn\TheSojourn\Binaries\Win64\TheSojourn-Win64-Shipping.exe

I'm not sure what data is necessary ...

P.D.- I do not know the reason, but currently the 3d off when the game is started function, works again to me, in a green state in all cases, in a blue state in most cases.

Curiosities:
A.- The portable version 7Z, does not decompress, when you try to do it with 7z, inside the version installed in "program files 86", (it is necessary to decompress it first on the desktop and overwrite it later, Winrar does the job on installed folder)
B.- The manager recognizes me the last game of Thief, as if it were the old Thief Gold
C.- The images in the helix mod release post do not reflect improvements to the interface (new triggers), including the tray icon improvement ...

Personal opinion: It is impossible for me to imagine the speed at which you are able to work, in terms of development, testing, publication, review of feedback ... sincerely impressed. :shock:
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:50 am Congratulations on the official launch day!

I have found this routes:
.- *:\Ancestors The Humankind Odyssey\Ancestors\Binaries\Win64\Ancestors-Win64-Shipping.exe

I'm not sure what data is necessary ...

P.D.- I do not know the reason, but currently the 3d off when the game is started function, works again to me, in a green state in all cases, in a blue state in most cases.

Curiosities:
A.- The portable version 7Z, does not decompress, when you try to do it with 7z, inside the version installed in "program files 86", (it is necessary to decompress it first on the desktop and overwrite it later, Winrar does the job on installed folder)
B.- The manager recognizes me the last game of Thief, as if it were the old Thief Gold
C.- The images in the helix mod release post do not reflect improvements to the interface (new triggers), including the tray icon improvement ...

Personal opinion: It is impossible for me to imagine the speed at which you are able to work, in terms of development, testing, publication, review of feedback ... sincerely impressed. :shock:
Thank you ver much! That's exactly the info I need for the profiles.

Ok good to know for the 7z version. Bo3b suggested this format as it halfs the file size. I will upload normal zip version as well then. Yeah I still have to make new screenshots for the app. Forgot that.
Ahh and thanks for informing about Thief profile... I redestroyed that again by rolling back to an older version of the fixes.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:50 am I have found this routes:
Btw Bo3b added an improved start mechanism for Epic Games store games to 3DFM some time ago. Instead of calling directly the exe we call an URL which contains the Epic App ID istead.
If you take a look at your desktop shortcuts epic store created for your games (right click -> properties) there is an URL like this: com.epicgames.launcher://apps/Duckbill?action=launch&silent=true. "Duckbill" is the App ID of Yooka Laylee (I know that's pretty stupid they chose animal names instead of a unique number). Could you please look which App ID was chosen for Arise A Simple Story? (I think that game was epic store exclusive).
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Unfortunately, most of my versions are free of launcher, since they are samples for testing (arise is one of those cases)

"FormatVersion": 0,
	"AppName": "Rail",
	"CatalogItemId": "0044303ee4414876986688216c01ec78",
	"CatalogNamespace": "0fb229f35a3f4eb788b05ae91419a214"
Dont know if this info is helpfull, but is related to epic store in that game: (contrasting in other epic games, "Lavender" for beyond two souls etc... , "Rail" its supposed to be the name u are loooking for Arise game
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

*Edit* Solved, see below.

I've been trying out the latest version, I tested Beta 12 but have now installled 1.75

The way 3dfm holds your hand through the whole process is very impressive. I let it install the latest drivers, but I'm having a problem and I'm a bit stuck :-(
I can't get line interlacing working. I've set up a display profile and chosen the option, but whenever I launch a game in 3d mode I get the red warning text that XXXX by XXXX it not a supported HDMI resolution.
In the nvidia control panel, I can see 3d is enabled but it's set to 3dtv play. Do I also need to change the EDID? I thought I didn't have to when using 3dfm but it's been a while..

I'm running Win10 Pro 1903, Standard drivers (not DCH) and an LG OLED.

**EDIT** Sorry, I actually got it working. I manually changed to HDMI checkerboard in Nvidia control panel. Wierd, because I thought I'd already tried that.... This time I changed to HDMI checkboard, applied, then disabled 3d in Nvidia control panel then clicked apply again to make sure the choices had been saved properly.

Thanks again, this tool is awesome.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Pauldusler wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:26 amHi Master Bo3b,

Thx, this was really helpful. I was able to find the missing info for most games.
However still for some games I couldn't add the info as data on Steamdb was either encrypted or the game was Epic store exlusive.
Here is a list of profiles which are still not complete:
  • Arise: A Simple Story
  • The Humankind Odyssey
  • Shenmue III
  • MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries
  • Moderium
  • The Sojourn
  • Patched world
  • NOXIAM -miserable sinners-
  • Corruption 2029
  • Finding the Soul Orb
Do you have one or the other game installed currently?
Sorry, don't own any of those games.

Interesting problem there- if steamdb.info doesn't own the game they can't show the file list in the depot.

Pauldusler wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:00 pmOk good to know for the 7z version. Bo3b suggested this format as it halfs the file size. I will upload normal zip version as well then. Yeah I still have to make new screenshots for the app. Forgot that.
Ahh and thanks for informing about Thief profile... I redestroyed that again by rolling back to an older version of the fixes.
Please feel free to keep a .zip on HelixModBlog aws downloads, but make it harder to find than the industry standard of .7z. It's a waste of time and bandwidth to use archaic stuff like .zip and .rar, but some people might be stuck with just windows built in tools.

No one should be using .rar format today. It's impossibly bad compression by today's standards, and it's full of security holes and exploits. Avoid.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”