In SHADOWoftheTOMBRAIDER you can now easily activate DX12-3DVision (updated v2.0)

dricks
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: In SHADOWoftheTOMBRAIDER you can now easily activate DX12-3DVision (updated v2.0)

Post by dricks »

TimFx7 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:00 pm
dricks wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:33 pm Yes, in Dx11 i can activate real 3DV (not SBS) with the green nvidia message about compatibility at the bottom right.
I can adjust popout and convergence in options

I tried ALT+TAB many times with no luck
I tried leopard.jps with nv viewer and it does work, the image is immediately shown in 3D

By manually launching the nvviewer with the leopard and then the game with your launcher, i can see the 3D image with ALT+TAB to desktop but when i ALT+TAB to game it's still 2D
By disabling exclusive fullscreen, the leopard can even been displayed 3D on top of SOTTR which still is 2D
Damn :(
Because your monitor is passive,maybe the driver or maybe the game needs to be adjusted differently. Frankly, I have no experience in this matter.

I can only logically list what you should do: Don't use launcher.exe
• first turn off 3DVision from Nvidia control panel.
• start game as dx12 in windowed mode. (do not launch full screen.)
• As for the game main menu,
• start 3Dvision from nvidia control panel
• Run the start3d.exe file I prepared.
• start nvviewer with the leopard
• go back to the game window.

Normally, the game should switch to 3D in this order.
I carefully did all of this in this exact order without success :(
There must be something different in the driver for passive 3DV

Damn, as it actually works great with your trick, it means that the actual limitation about activating it in dx12 in this game is only software, with a condition like
if (dx12)
{
//dont allow 3DV in the dropdown
}

Damned!
Atuin
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: In SHADOWoftheTOMBRAIDER you can now easily activate DX12-3DVision (updated v2.0)

Post by Atuin »

TimFx7 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:25 am
Atuin wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:43 am Does this trick allow you to play any other dx12 titles and use CM or is that out of the question?
a special case for this game. ( this game has its own 3D rendering capability, independent of nvidia.)
That's too bad... :(

In the other hand maybe it'll work on Deus ex too?
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Atuin wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:47 am
Atuin wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:43 am Does this trick allow you to play any other dx12 titles and use CM or is that out of the question?
a special case for this game. ( this game has its own 3D rendering capability, independent of nvidia.)

yes maybe Deus ex could work as well. I'll download the game sometime and try it. But the dx12 performance of the game does not give better performance on every system. it may even give lower performance in some systems. When I find time, I'll try it sometime. I don't think the current start3d.exe I prepared will work on it as it is.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

dricks wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:27 am Damn, as it actually works great with your trick, it means that the actual limitation about activating it in dx12 in this game is only software, with a condition like
nobody knows why the company imposed this limitation. I can only guess, maybe it's a software license problem.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

patch is ready
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25548
Atuin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Atuin »

TimFx7 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:29 am

patch is ready
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25548
Holy poop
Marin3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marin3D »

Hi TimFx7,

I did a clean install of the 452.06 driver, updated 3d Fix manager to the 1.83_beta and tried the 3D mode, the 3D top left window viewer kicks in and i see it in 3d the but when i get back into tomb raider menu screen its 2D again, no amount of alt-tabbing or ctrl+t gets the viewport to kick into 3D. I played the game twice in dx11 3d and think its still the best game but tried all your previous methods to and unfortunately it`s still a nogo. I`m on a beefy rig, 9900ks@5200mhz and 2080ti latest update windows 10. No problems in games in 3D in general.

Thanks for all the hard work, curious if there are tricks left, it tried the direct address too but that did not seem to work either

Best Marin3D
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Marin3D wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:46 pm Hi TimFx7,

I did a clean install of the 452.06 driver, updated 3d Fix manager to the 1.83_beta and tried the 3D mode, the 3D top left window viewer kicks in and i see it in 3d the but when i get back into tomb raider menu screen its 2D again, no amount of alt-tabbing or ctrl+t gets the viewport to kick into 3D. I played the game twice in dx11 3d and think its still the best game but tried all your previous methods to and unfortunately it`s still a nogo. I`m on a beefy rig, 9900ks@5200mhz and 2080ti latest update windows 10. No problems in games in 3D in general.
Thanks for all the hard work, curious if there are tricks left, it tried the direct address too but that did not seem to work either
Best Marin3D
Hi ,
• I have browsed your messages you have multiple 3D equipment. You are using your monitor (PG27VQ) for this process, right ? (because this method works for 3DVision monitors)

• Sorry, I don't fully understand. Have you installed and tried the files I shared? (3DLauncher.exe)
if you tried it and it didn't work. probably your computer is running very fast :D You may be experiencing a situation that I could not predict. bug may have occurred because the DX12-hack started before it should. (or the pointers I chose did not work on your processor.)

Try these two methods:

(1) Start 3DLauncher.exe. wait for main screen of the game. Meanwhile, Leopard image will appear in 3D on the left side of the screen (do not interfere with the window!)
Return to the desktop, open the task manager, find Start3D.exe and terminate that process.
ew.JPG
next, Restart steamapps\common\Shadow Of The Tomb Raider\Start3D.exe Wait a few seconds and return to the game window. Normally 3D should work after this process.

• please let me know the result, if the result is positive I will make some changes to the software. If the result is negative, try other methods. If you have time and have games Rise of the Tomb Raider and Deus Ex Mankind Divided, can you try running them on DX12? (It can make it easier for me to solve the problem.)

(2)
wrote: If all these do not give you successful results, you can use Cheat Engine 7 program. Load the DX12-3D-pointer.CT file located in the folder using cheat engine. https://youtu.be/SMAHaIrfGvw?t=38 After loading, Select check box if you want 3D to always be active.
if 3d closes again. Switch to Windows 10 TaskView with the Windows+Tab or Alt+Tab key. Click on the game window again, return to the game. 3D will be activated automatically.
Game will display as 2D DX12. if the graphics look bad at this time, graphics will be fix when 3D is activated.
Lysander wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:53 pm OMG, I fixed it! Or at least I found a workaround to get it to work. Here're the steps in case someone else is running into the issues I described:
1. My game was crashing when I executed it via 3D Fix Manager or even "manually" in windowed mode (DX12 mode) - the black screen would show up for a second and then just crash.
2. The key to fixing this crash was disabling 3D Vision in nVidia Control Panel. Then, I launch the game manually in fullscreen, DX12 mode. The game launches in 2D with no issues.
3. Now, alt+tab and enable 3D Vision back in nVidia CP.
4. Apply the CheatEngine steps described in the original post.
5. Now, at this point, the CheatEngine hack is working but for some reason the emitter doesn't start in the game. So I tricked it into starting, by simply running the 3D Viewer (easy way is to just click on the screenshot of the game page in 3D Fix Manager, which will launch the viewer and turn on 3D Vision).
6. Alt+tab to the game and voila!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marin3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marin3D »

TimFx7 Thanks for looking into this. Yes sorry i use the PG27VQ.

The leopard image appears in 3D if I use the 3D fix manager approach of Paul's Beta (but the 3D does not kick in the game itself). I tried your suggestion, killing the start3D.exe and restarting it to see if that makes a difference. If i only use your download and try the described routine no leopard image appears. a few black screens until I load into the menu. I don't know what Paul does differently but it seems to be able to get one step further with his implementation of your tooling. The light of the Nvidia pyramid is on in Paul's version. when i alt-tab around it seems that the stereo 3D is aimed at the wrong window/screen.

I tried both Lysanders and the cheat Engine fix before without avail. i retried Lysanders approach just now and i cannot get it to work that way either.

tried solutions up till now.
- TimFx7 newest version from this viewtopic (with and without killing start.exe and restarting it)
- Pauls 1.83_beta with timFx7 tools inside (with and without killing start.exe and restarting it)
- Cheat Engine 7 (tried this a few months back, maybe i need to revisit it?)
- Lysander`s workaround

Windows 10 2004, 452.06 driver with GE, 9900ks with 2080ti, PG27VQ, 3D Vision kit v2, Croft edition of Shadow.

I seem to be out of luck, like you said before likely due to my exotic processor. I sill enjoy the game in 3D on DX11 ;)

Just tried with Rise, same results, i don't have deux ex. Both run fine in dx11
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Marin3D wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:19 am The leopard image appears in 3D if I use the 3D fix manager approach of Paul's Beta (but the 3D does not kick in the game itself). I tried your suggestion, killing the start3D.exe and restarting it to see if that makes a difference. If i only use your download and try the described routine no leopard image appears. a few black screens until I load into the menu. I don't know what Paul does differently but it seems to be able to get one step further with his implementation of your tooling. The light of the Nvidia pyramid is on in Paul's version. when i alt-tab around it seems that the stereo 3D is aimed at the wrong window/screen.
Your problem is probably not related to this, do not focus on this issue, do not get confused.
Marin3D wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:19 am I tried both Lysanders and the cheat Engine fix before without avail. i retried Lysanders approach just now and i cannot get it to work that way either.
Is your processor model causing this problem? There is a method to help us understand this. You can understand this by starting the game in 2D. details are below and be sure to watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQtbL2J5B4A

Download and install the cheat engine 7 latest version from here.
https://cheatengine.org/

• Start the cheat engine with the DX12-3D-pointer.CT file. (file is on the first page.)
• Then start the game in DX12 window mode and 2D. Wait for the game to come to the main screen.
• Then select the game's exe from the cheat engine Process List.
• Select the pointer in the address list "P->....", write 2 to the VALUE part, mark the ACTIVE part.
• If this pointer does its job, you will notice that when you move the game window, the image in the instant window jolts and returns to its place. this means that the hack actually worked. that is, the problem is not caused by the processor difference.Then the problem might be your Windows 10 version difference or your personal settings. Or it may be that the method @Lysander discovered is not working because of some other software running on your computer. To minimize this possibility, close and try all your software that is currently running that appears on the taskbar.

• As in this video, if there is no shaking in the window, unfortunately this means that this hack will not work for you.

Please let me know the result, thank you.
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

I just tested the DX12 mode and the difference with the DX11 mode is obvious ! No drop in framerate below 60 while in dx11 I could drop to 30 in some areas. I have 117 fps with the game benchmark (RTX2080ti I7 8700K@4.9ghz).

Does this mean that DX12 fixes the CPU bottleneck issues we know from DX11 games?

Otherwise, I find the convergence is far too low even when setting it to the max. Has anyone figured out how to increase it? The game configuration is in the registry but if I increase the "stereopopout" value above the max it always resets to the max value.

Thank you for your answers !
Marin3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marin3D »

@TimFx7, I re-re-re-re-tried the dx12 3D version of shadow with my 2080ti and 9900ks and suddenly it worked. I regularly update windows and steam, for the rest the system is unchanged.

Don't know why after so many tries in the past it works... but here you go.... CPU 8 core does not seem to trouble the fix anymore, many thanks! Alt-tabbing is needed, but that's it.

Hopefully this helps people that had failures in the past to retry
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

ZeGURU69 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:29 am I just tested the DX12 mode and the difference with the DX11 mode is obvious ! No drop in framerate below 60 while in dx11 I could drop to 30 in some areas. I have 117 fps with the game benchmark (RTX2080ti I7 8700K@4.9ghz).

Does this mean that DX12 fixes the CPU bottleneck issues we know from DX11 games?
We dont have many games running in 3d on dx12 so hard to say, but I'd say it's all due to game engine design. Shadow is super-CPU optimized on dx12 so it makes use of all that power and cores effectively. But in some other games ppl report worse performance in dx12 in 2d.

Regarding convergence settings - the way to use the ingame slidebars is you set the mode to side-by-side and move the bars, then apply the hack to go back to 3dv and check. Been a while but I remember the settings being fine for me.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Not working here using a Dell S2716DG monitor. If I launch 3DFX I get the jps picture and 3D activates, but in the game only 1 image and in option/graphics I can not move 3D sliders.
If I use 3D launcher I can enter the game and exactly the same, but in this case I can move the 3D sliders inside the game (but I move only 1 image). If I alt-tab and close start3D and run again nothing happens.
I am not sure about the right process (my english seems to be not good enough and the instructions seems to be not very clear). Maybe I am missing something.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Did you try everything from page 1 of this thread? 3DFM did not always work for me but the manual method with CheatEngine always worked. Steps are described on page 1. Monitor has nothing to do with it.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I just tested, 3D works fine in DX12. It didn't work via 3DFM, but worked with these steps:

viewtopic.php?p=173252&sid=a7f81b3bad9d ... e4#p173252
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I am going to try as soon as I have time to play (today is impossible).
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
b4thman

Re: In SHADOWoftheTOMBRAIDER you can now easily activate DX12-3D

Post by b4thman »

Lysander wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:53 pm OMG, I fixed it! Or at least I found a workaround to get it to work. Here're the steps in case someone else is running into the issues I described:

1. My game was crashing when I executed it via 3D Fix Manager or even "manually" in windowed mode (DX12 mode) - the black screen would show up for a second and then just crash.
2. The key to fixing this crash was disabling 3D Vision in nVidia Control Panel. Then, I launch the game manually in fullscreen, DX12 mode. The game launches in 2D with no issues.
3. Now, alt+tab and enable 3D Vision back in nVidia CP.
4. Apply the CheatEngine steps described in the original post (post has changed but you can watch https://youtu.be/SMAHaIrfGvw?t=38)
5. Now, at this point, the CheatEngine hack is working but for some reason the emitter doesn't start in the game. So I tricked it into starting, by simply running the 3D Viewer (easy way is to just click on the screenshot of the game page in 3D Fix Manager, which will launch the viewer and turn on 3D Vision).
6. Alt+tab to the game and voila!

This is with the latest version of the game (298_0x64), 452.06 nV drivers, Win10 1909, Ryzen 3600X + 2060.
I have no idea why the game crashes for me but I see Helifax also reporting the crash above, so something's going on. But it worked for me and I'm glad I held off on playing in DX11 because the DX12 performance is 54FPS avg in the benchmark and with everything almost maxed out (1080p). It looks simply incredible, there are no words to describe how gorgeous this game is in 3DV and I've just seen the benchmark and a bit of the town at the beginning.

Thank you very much TimFx7 for this memory hack!!!
Ok, I have tried with those steps, but when I use cheat engine (v7.2) and open DX12-3D-pointer.CT (file located in the 1st post), I select the process of the game, but adress show P->?????? and value show ??, and I can not modify value. Maybe I is because DX12-3D-pointer.CT is compatible with another version of the game and not with my game.
Last edited by b4thman on Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I use 7.1 with the latest game version. Should be the same. You have to load the process first and then open the .CT file.
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Hi
Just for the sake of good order:
I can confirm that for me, both RISE and SHADOW boots up really easily, no tricks required.
I just start the games via 3DFM WITH GEFORCE EXPERIENCE OPEN (LOGGED IN). Both games boot up fine. Nothing else required for a perfect dx12 experience. On driver 452.06.
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Yeah, I re-read the notes and see GeForce Experience is required for 3DFM method. b4thman, do you have that installed?
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Lysander wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:20 pm Yeah, I re-read the notes and see GeForce Experience is required for 3DFM method. b4thman, do you have that installed?
I don't have GeForce Experience installed. I will think about it (I remember to hate that program when I used it in the past). But good to know what is the solution.

EDIT: installed GeForce Experience, but 3D does not work with game build 292.0_64
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Really don't know how to help you then.
Can you include your specs in the signature?
Can you maybe post a YouTube video of the process you take to launch the game, both via 3DFM and the CheatEngine method? 2 ppl confirmed it works so clearly you're missing something.
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

b4thman
The game works fine. Just double check that the following is done.
1) Use latest build of game
2) Have Geforce Experience OPEN /logged in when booting up the game
3) Launch game via 3DFM (press Play3d)
If it does not work with this, then I would try doing a full DDU removal of driver and reinstall of driver (via 3DFM) and try it all again. There is no problem with the game, so must be something with your local setup.
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

The problem must be the wrong version of the game. I can play with dx11 without any problem.

I am replaying a couple of games and SOTTR is one. Other is Dark Souls III, replaying it just to enjoy the art with updated hardware (smooth gameplay with everything max and 2K), and it is soooo beautifull. Using cheats of course (one hit = kill), I don't have the time, skills and interest on killing so many enemies. I wonder why most of the times games focus the interest on killing and killing (and killing).
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

It kinda bugs me you cant get dx12 to work :P theres just so much performance gain

Is there a reason you would be using an older game build? Is it pirated? Why dont you try reinstalling from steam from scratch?

I also noticed the killing aspect. I think it has to do with the fact that in most character-driven games the protagonist has to fight his way through some obstacles and bad ppl. Some games give you the option of knocking them out, some, like Batman, dont even include killing. In games where there are demons, well...they are demons and should be destroyed, right? :)

Plus in real life you normally dont kill things so I guess it's also some twisted fantasy, where you feel like a movie superhero that gets to kill bad guys without real repercussions? :P
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I have installed a game that I downloaded and it does not work with the last update. Maybe I will buy the game.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Please buy the game on sale, it's only a few dollars and totally worth it and maybe then it will work for you.
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

The game just get an update hope not broke 3D...
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I believe it only removes Denuvo; if anything, things ought to run better.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
BigErn77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by BigErn77 »

I tried starting SOTTR in DX12 with 3DFM using 'Play 3D', with Geforce Experience open, but it's stuck in 2D. (Starting in DX11 with 3DFM works fine.)

Strangely enough, if I just start the game directly from Steam, the 3DV does seem to kick in (the tiger photo shows up even before I can click on play/options). But though the 3D turns on, it's messed up - there is a strange fog limiting the view range to just 10 feet or so. In Cozumel for example you can't see the guests unless you walk up very close to one. And the rendering is all messed up, like the L/R needs to be swapped or something. None of this weirdness happened in the DX11 mode. Also, Stereoscopic shows as 'Off' in the display options, with only SBS and Off present in the menu (i.e. no 'On'). Don't know if that's normal or not. Below is my system info. Doesn't anyone have any ideas?

Geforce driver version: 452.06
Display: 3d vision ready projector (Acer H5360)
Windows 10 64-bit 21H1
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
Using 3d Fix Manager 1.85

UPDATE: reverting back to build 296 solved this problem!
Last edited by BigErn77 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX3080, 32GB ram, Windows 10 21H2, nVidia 516.59, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, USB 3D Vision Emitter
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

I gave this a brief test just now. The updates for RISE and SHADOW seem to link the game to the EPIC store. This update seems to mess up the start-up routine for triggering the 3d somehow. On my side, the 3d emitter lights up green but the 3d is not triggered ingame even though I see that on boot, the game seems to try to trigger the 3d, but it just does not succeed. Really hope this is fixable as RISE and SHADOW in dx12 are showcase games for our 3DV platform :)
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Hi guys!
I no longer have a computer where I can use a 3D. Therefore, if there is an update that disables the Dx12 3D patch I prepared, I cannot fix it.
However, if you own the game on Steam, you can return to previous versions of the game with the method in the picture.

Also if the Cheat Engine method can still enable 3D after the update, maybe @Pauldusler can create a new 3D launch sequence for 3Dfixmanager.

Many people had problems in this Update and the developer made a statement. people have shared interesting posts under the title... take a look if you want.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/d ... 106354770/

Changes made by the update :
https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/d ... 105015323/
+ Upgraded NVIDIA DLSS to the latest version.
+ New improved shadow denoiser for use with ray traced shadows.
+ Updates to multiplayer infrastructure to use Epic Online Services.
+ Fixed specific compatibility issues with Intel GPU hardware.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Tullebob wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:38 am I gave this a brief test just now. The updates for RISE and SHADOW seem to link the game to the EPIC store. This update seems to mess up the start-up routine for triggering the 3d somehow. On my side, the 3d emitter lights up green but the 3d is not triggered ingame even though I see that on boot, the game seems to try to trigger the 3d, but it just does not succeed. Really hope this is fixable as RISE and SHADOW in dx12 are showcase games for our 3DV platform :)
Are you using the Steam version? If so, since you already updated, can you try the cheat-engine method instad of 3DFM?
BigErn77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by BigErn77 »

I can confirm that reverting back to build 296 solved my problems.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX3080, 32GB ram, Windows 10 21H2, nVidia 516.59, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, USB 3D Vision Emitter
Psyx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Psyx »

Hi,
In "Shadow of the Tomb Raider" i'm back to Build 298 and in "Rise of the Tomb Raider" i'm back to build 770.
Works Perfect in Steam with Win 11.
Win11 Pro x64 (22000.258) , I7 4790K , Z97-GD 65 , 16GB DDR3 , GTX 1070 , XB 272 , 3D Vision 2 , 452.06
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

They re-released the patch, fix no longer works on base game but reverting to 296 still triggers 3D in DX12 fine.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Ok, I modified the original CheatEngine file to work with this new patch - you can obtain it here: https://github.com/Samlis/sottr3dvdx12/ ... pointer.CT. The application method is the same as previously, you just need to use this .CT file. The 3D looks just as good as previously - this game simply NEEDS to work in 3D forever =D

@Pauldusler - you can use it to update the 3DFM launcher.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Am I the only one with a message errror when try to open this CT file? (Failure loading the trainer. Reason: data error). I am using Cheat Engine 7.3
aofelix
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by aofelix »

rise of the tomb raider doesnt work anymore on the new patch

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”