Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Necropants »

Definitely one of the more seamless 3d fixes out there so I am very appreciative in the work DJrk has done here. The choices in auto 3d and convergence are very well thought out. This makes me wish more shader hackers took more time here instead of just throwing a bunch of values into the ini.

thanks again Dj-rk
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

DJ-RK's work is a masterpiece. yes, really feels like an official 3d patch. dude you're great thanks again.

but I have serious performance problems. 1080p and 1440p.
I am for a more smooth experience. I locked my 3d glasses to 100hz.
but still I am experiencing sudden fps drops in some locations in the game. 30-50fps
These sudden changes in fps affect block timings during combat. I can not enjoy the game.

could anyone please write the nvidia driver and operating system version it uses?
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Have you installed the game in a fast SSD? This really helped me a lot.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

thanks but I am using a fast ssd. I don't think it's the SSDs that created the problem.
Even if I set all settings low, fps drops do not help. I have also experienced similar problems at Darksider 3.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

@TimFX: A few of us found switching from playing on Windows 10 to Windows 7 made a huge difference in performance in this game. Might not be the easiest solution for you, but that's my recommendation if you can manage it.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Thanks for the advice, but I tried this 3 months ago. I installed windows 7 as the second operating system, unfortunately there was no performance increase while playing games. I turned off the hyper threading feature in the processor and made the trials, the result did not change again.

While playing the game, the character gives different fps at different angles. Even in interiors on the planet Kashyyyk, I experience fps drops in the direction we will go. In some directions, fps does not decrease, while in other directions, it decreases to 30 fps.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

I guess this is not about 3d fix. While playing 2D, I see a maximum of 70-80 fps in some places.I think this is about game optimization or driver. (441.66)
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

There was definitely is a performance increase in windows 7 in this game. Also make sure you have whitelisted the .exe in any security suites you are using. Acronis was causing a cut to half of my fps until I did so. However regarding windows 7, patches to the game improved things in windows 10 enough for me to not bother switching back. You milage may vary. In some games windows 7 definitely runs better than 10.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I just finished it, what a mindblowing game and a perfect 3d experience, one final thanks from me DJ RK for your excellent work, now I pray the Force there's a sequel coming at some point.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

@TimFx7: As Necro mentions, there was a decent performance increase for me under Windows 7 specifically for this game (but not as much in most other games), so if you're basing your experience of not seeing a performance increase 3 months ago from different games, then it still might be worth your while to try it here.

@skyrimer: I know, right? (about how mindblowing it is) Especially that ending sequence! Wish there was a way to be able to make a save right before the last mission and be able to replay it at will (without having to resort to backing up gamesaves). Without spoiling much, the times when you are watching certain NPC's fend for themselves while you look on were spectacular (and reminded me of certain scenes from the movies). Honestly, this is my favourite fix and consider it my crowning achievement, not just because it's a "perfect fix" or because of the wow factor that auto-convergence adds to the game (and this being one of the first times it being implemented into a fix), but because of how all that combines with the awesomeness of the game and elevates it. It's a case of "the sum is greater than the parts," but in this case, all the parts are freaking awesome already, so buckle up and enjoy the ride!

As for a sequel, it's all but guaranteed by the game's success... however, I read on Reddit earlier this week about how EA is being scolded by their shareholders over how they are not making further revenue off this game beyond the initial sales (ie. no microtransactions), which I believe was brought on by them boasting about how they made nearly 1 billion last year in MTX's alone. So, in other words, there will be a sequel for sure, but doubtful it will be as "pure" of an experience.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Thanks DJ-RK but
In those days, I had just installed windows 7 to try this game. I did not feel any difference when I experienced the first 20 minutes of the game on both Windows 7 and Windows 10. i think problem is not 3D, it does not give 100 fps in 2D in many places. (70-80 fps) .I uninstalled windows 7 a month ago
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

@DJ-RK yeah the final level is fantastic, the underwater parts look great in 3d, the final battle too but the part when *warning spoilers* that special "someone" appears out of nowhere, my jaw fell to the floor, and that final sequence is mindblowing up until the credits roll. The irony of this situation after just finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and SWFO is that 3d couldn't be more dead for the rest of the world, meanwhile I'm more in love with this technology than I've ever been since 3d fixes are now more refined than ever to the smallest detail, I have a Pimax 8k getting dust since I can barely stop playing in 3d, so I hope we can keep it alive as long as possible.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Finally got around to start playing Fallen Order. Thank you for the incredible fix, DJ-RK! The quality of your fix truly matches the quality of the game. The 3D auto-focus is a nice addition. Like skyrimer, my VR hardware (and games like Saints and Sinners) have been languishing because of superb 3D Vision game fixes like this.

I hope that you do not become disillusioned with this community and the increasingly labor-intensive process of fixing games like this, joining other retired shaderhackers like Helifax and DHR (see https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 78#p167982). We really appreciate the precious time you invest to create quality fixes like this...
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Cheers mate. It will always brighten my day to hear about people enjoying one of my fixes (and this one in particular), so thanks for that!

As for the other bit, yeah, I'm sure it must be concerning to some of you to see me ranting like in the other thread, but don't worry, despite how I sounded there (eg. about a certain promise I made) I'm not so close to my wits end that anyone needs to feel they need to walk on eggshells around me. I'm actually in relatively good spirits at this point in my life, just very pressed for time and spread thin across different responsibilities and interests, and as you can imagine (or probably even know for yourself) it's frustrating to not able to spend more time in doing more of the things I love (which of course includes gaming/fixing) because there's just not enough time for it all. But I'll continue making fixes as long as I'm interested in playing games that require fixes, and I have absolutely no reason then to not share it.

I probably don't let on this much to you guys (and probably seem like the crotchety-old-grandpa-yelling-at-kids-to-get-off-his-lawn-guy to some/most of you with my frequent ranting and tirades), but I do love this community and I want to see it live on and thrive, and as seems to be the chorus of our rally song: we all need to add our strengths and do our parts around here to keep 3DVision alive, and that includes me so I'll gladly continue doing so in the ways that suit me best.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

Hey DJ-RK, I've sent you via Paypal a token of my appreciation since I 've downloaded your Jedi fix. Beautiful so far, I'm only a few minutes in the first assignment finding the way to the upper level to fix something. The level design is beautifully detailed and the color palette is pleasant and all that were brought to glorious 3D which is a thousand times better. Cheers.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Appreciate that mate, you're definitely in for a treat!

The new update was definitely a surprise (a free DLC for an EA game? Have we gone into the Twilight Zone?). I'll definitely be wanting to pick up the game again in the near future because of it. Was a little worried that maybe the update could have rebroken something, but I'll take no news as good news and remain hopeful that the game is still the way I left it.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Hey DJ-RK,

All is good after the update... played through the tutorial and am on Zeffo.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

origin charges 9.99 for the update. I'll pass and will not buy from origin again. haha. just that time when it was on sale and steam didn't have it yet.
@DJ-RK I do play game slowly and intermittenly, in general taking time to look around for 3D pleasure and so every 3D details that you fixed will definitely be appreciated.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Incredible fix, thanks again DJ-RK!
3Dvision with auto convergence is the way it meaned to be played 8)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

TimFx7 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:49 am Thanks DJ-RK but
In those days, I had just installed windows 7 to try this game. I did not feel any difference when I experienced the first 20 minutes of the game on both Windows 7 and Windows 10. i think problem is not 3D, it does not give 100 fps in 2D in many places. (70-80 fps) .I uninstalled windows 7 a month ago
Windows 7 doesn't increase performance in general. However I confirm - on GTX 1080 and I7 7700k this game runs like crap - This means that there are a lot of fps drops below 50-60 fps in 3D. People who are happy with this just don't care about the fps drops. The poor performance is not caused by the 3D fix. The game either wants to have a RTX 2080TI or a better CPU (due to 3D Vision CPU bottleneck) which is not available currently. We might just hope that AMD's incoming Ryzen 4000 CPUs at the end of this year (2020) will be much better than Intel's 10th generation (released May 2020). Rumors say about 15-25% performance increase to previous AMD generation (that would be pretty much however). But when comparing benchmark results Intel was only able to improve single core performance by 3% each year. AMD however increased single core performance 9% per year (since 2017). So I am pretty sure that AMD's single core performance will outperform Intel CPUs at the end of 2021 at any case. Assuming that current rumors are true then AMD will alreaedy have the world's best single core performance CPU's at the end of this year (2020).
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Pauldusler wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:34 pm
TimFx7 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:49 am Thanks DJ-RK but
Windows 7 doesn't increase performance in general. However I confirm - on GTX 1080 and I7 7700k this game runs like crap - This means that there are a lot of fps drops below 50-60 fps in 3D. People who are happy with this just don't care about the fps drops. The poor performance is not caused by the 3D fix. The game either wants to have a RTX 2080TI or a better CPU (due to 3D Vision CPU bottleneck) which is not available currently. We might just hope that AMD's incoming Ryzen 4000 CPUs at the end of this year (2020) will be much better than Intel's 10th generation (released May 2020). Rumors say about 15-25% performance increase to previous AMD generation (that would be pretty much however). But when comparing benchmark results Intel was only able to improve single core performance by 3% each year. AMD however increased single core performance 9% per year (since 2017). So I am pretty sure that AMD's single core performance will outperform Intel CPUs at the end of 2021 at any case. Assuming that current rumors are true then AMD will alreaedy have the world's best single core performance CPU's at the end of this year (2020).
Yes, these fps drops made me crazy too. Therefore, I only played 25% of the game. Then I had to delete it. If AMD makes a difference as you mentioned, maybe I might consider getting AMD in the future.
Arni1984VR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Arni1984VR »

Hi, everyone! I have a big problems in running Fallen Order through HelixVision in VR!!!
At the moment, I'm trying to launch Star Wars: Fallen Order. Unfortunately, the game runs only without 3D correction. With the patch installed, the game crashes during launch.
CM/CMU mode doesn't work correctly. It doesn't matter if the 3D migoto is installed or not!
I have 3D vision in the latest driver through "Bring back 3DV".

I use STEAM version of this game. In the other hand the game works properly with my HMZ and monitor in traditional 3D.
Without the patch, the game is running. But CM mode still hasn't been working.

Anyone has already played Fallen Order in HelixVision?
Any ideas?
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Can you confirm if the fix works properly on 3DVision hardware for you? (ie. while not using HelixVision)

I can't say I've ever tried JFO with HelixVision, nor do I have the capability to do so at present. Perhaps someone else might confirm. Outside of that, though, I think you're better off seeking support from the HelixVision developers.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Arni1984VR wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:40 am Hi, everyone! I have a big problems in running Fallen Order through HelixVision in VR!!!
At the moment, I'm trying to launch Star Wars: Fallen Order. Unfortunately, the game runs only without 3D correction. With the patch installed, the game crashes during launch.
CM/CMU mode doesn't work correctly. It doesn't matter if the 3D migoto is installed or not!
I have 3D vision in the latest driver through "Bring back 3DV".

I use STEAM version of this game. In the other hand the game works properly with my HMZ and monitor in traditional 3D.
Without the patch, the game is running. But CM mode still hasn't been working.

Anyone has already played Fallen Order in HelixVision?
Any ideas?
I've responded on the steam forums, but if you can try the game in Discover mode with the fix installed, and verify that is working, that is the best place to start.

If someone else has this game and can try it in HelixVision, that would be helpful to know.

I'm confused on the request for CM? Is it your goal to play in CM? DJ-RK's fix is going to be the optimal experience.
Arni1984VR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Arni1984VR »

I tried many settings options. Including: 3D vision Discover for VR, and etc.. Tried different beta versions. The game doesn't start in HelixVision. Catanga is not responding and crashes. I has to close the game through the Task Manager. The compatibility issue of the official Fallen Order patch with Catanga. Without an official fix, the game runs stably in VR !!! Also the game works with the universal patch UE4. But that doesn't make sense, since many shaders are broken.
I'm saying about HelixVision / VR. On monitor the Fallen Order works well.
Last edited by Arni1984VR on Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arni1984VR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Arni1984VR »

As for the CM mode: This mode is needed to save performance.
It doesn't work for me in no one game! When the game works in full screen mode - the image appears in only one eye. When the game works in windowed mode - SM works. But! The Images are highly out of sync! This is noticeable in the dynamics and movement of the camera. Unplayuble.
I say about HelixVision. On monitor CM works properly
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Just noting that I took a look at Fallen Order using HelixVision, and have been able to successfully run it without any problems.

So there is nothing wrong or unusual about the game fix that causes the game to not work.

The key part was getting a delayed timing in HelixVision using waitTime= parameter to avoid the multiple screen changes during launch for the ads, I mean 'movies'. Game looks pretty frickin awesome on an IMAX screen. Thanks DJ-RK!
Arni1984VR wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:46 pmAs for the CM mode: This mode is needed to save performance.
It doesn't work for me in no one game! When the game works in full screen mode - the image appears in only one eye. When the game works in windowed mode - SM works. But! The Images are highly out of sync! This is noticeable in the dynamics and movement of the camera. Unplayuble.
I say about HelixVision. On monitor CM works properly
I'll double check the CM mode here to see, performance will definitely be a problem on lower spec machines. On 8700K+1080ti, I can only get about 50 fps at 1080p for the game while in HelixVision, and it's too choppy to play well with the timing requirements for moves.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

@DJ-RK: I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of tweaking your fix on the blog to include the texture override from masterotaku that fixes the blue force auras, and the red unblockable hints on attacks. This is just the tweak to the d3dx.ini file. I put it under a new version of 1.2, only because the upload mechanism on AWS went bonkers with the '+' characters and would not let me create a clean new URL.

Played through the entire game, EPIC! One of the all time greatest 3D Vision experiences for me. Thanks again for you time and effort on this fix, I really enjoyed it. :woot

Works in HelixVision now without having to tweak anything. I'm going to another play through on Grand Jedi Master just to see if I can, but will probably lose when I meet 9th sister. Hoo, that was hard.

Setting the in-game frequency to 30 fps cap makes the game play smooth, and as an even multiple of VR HMD frequency it makes for a smooth experience. A little choppy, because nobody prefers 30 fps except consolers, but absolutely playable.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

No, I don't mind, as I planned on uploading the changes when masterotaku finished his playthrough and provided me with his final revisions, but by all means you've taken care of the most significant reason for the update (as far as I'm aware, not sure if he's made any other discoveries since).

As for playing through again on Grand Jedi Master I have full confidence that if you could beat it on the difficulty below it (just Jedi master, I think?) then the transition to GJM is not too extreme. It might be VERY difficult for non-Souls game masters to immediately jump into GJM, but for someone who's gotten the flow of combat down enough to beat it on JM then it's a smooth (and very satisfying) transition to play on GJM. I very rarely ever give a game a 2nd playthrough, let alone back to back after the first, but that's exactly what I did with JFO and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Oh, and as hard as the bosses are, I actually found just the actual mob fights in Dathomir to be the hardest challenge in the game. At least the bosses you continue right at them (and IIRC correctly you even restart at whatever "phase" they are in, so even more forgiving) so you can kinda brute force them.

Such an awesome game. Definitely due for another playthrough... might help me break my Monster Hunter World addiction! Actually, I think that honor will probably go to FFVII Remake (yes, on my blasphemous PS4, so no 3D), if my gf would finally stop hogging her copy.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

OK, very cool. I monitor all comments to HelixModBlog threads, so if masterotaku changes anything I'll follow up. Seemed pretty perfect to me.

I played all the way through on 3D Vision monitor with glasses, and it's spectacular. Next playthrough will be in HelixVision on giant screen. It's fascinating to see the differences. Monitor is much higher image quality because 1440p monitor beats the pants off even Vive Pro virtual screen. However, that's tempered by having everything be life-size on the big screen with popout effects. Performance is marginal even on a 1080ti, so I might not finish, but I will keep going until I hit at least one boss fight.

The fight that really killed me on Jedi Master was the ninth sister. I probably played that 150 times over multiple days to finally get past it. Usually I'm not that stubborn, but I could tell I was getting better all the time. As long as I'm learning it's not as annoying. And, that fight really tuned up my fighting defenses to where I can now parry almost anything. Made the remaining bosses more of a 15 try affair.

Pretty much agree getting swarmed by dead night sisters plus a couple of bugs really made that section a challenge. But the ones that nearly always would kill me- those damn bounty hunters. For some reason, I never successfully killed that pair when they pop later on. I'm looking forward to meeting them some more.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Might as well upload the small changes here then, since the profile change + textureoverride is done:
- "parallax_shaders.7z" contains one shader in Bogano that has a now stereoized parallax occlusion mapping effect. The rest of them are from the planet Ilum, where some ice effects are below the surface of geometry. Same kind of stuff. A "side effect" of these ones is that snow sparkles that flicker a lot with camera movements now can't be seen with both eyes at the same position (when they are related to these shaders). I guess that different eye camera positions make different sparkles appear due to the new stereoization (so this isn't incorrect, I think).
Visual proof: https://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/st ... llenor.jpg
- "navigation_map.7z" contains one vertex shader that stereoizes the clipping/fade area of the navigation map at the ship.
Visual proof: https://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/62 ... llenor.jpg
- "distortion.7z" stereoizes the distortion effect when you read echoes and similar things happen. Before this, it was "shooting rays" from screen depth, causing blur trails in incorrect 3D directions.
Visual proof: https://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/6f ... llenor.jpg

As I said, these changes are minor. Nothing to write home about.

The profile + override thing that fixed the colored enemies and objects that you can interact with also has a moving wave texture for objects that I didn't know how to stereoize. It's at screen depth and I suspect that it may not be in the object itself.

I told DJ-RK privately, but I'll say it again. I got used to and love automatic convergence in this game. I'd have gone cross eyed a lot of time if it weren't for it, because of how this game abuses crawling through narrow places :p.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Obveron »

I'm finally getting some time to play this through. I gotta say, auto convergence is a thing of beauty. Well done DJ-RK
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

masterotaku wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:50 amMight as well upload the small changes here then, since the profile change + textureoverride is done:
- "parallax_shaders.7z" contains one shader in Bogano that has a now stereoized parallax occlusion mapping effect. The rest of them are from the planet Ilum, where some ice effects are below the surface of geometry. Same kind of stuff. A "side effect" of these ones is that snow sparkles that flicker a lot with camera movements now can't be seen with both eyes at the same position (when they are related to these shaders). I guess that different eye camera positions make different sparkles appear due to the new stereoization (so this isn't incorrect, I think).
Very cool, thank you for the shaders and added fixes.

I've added these to the 1.2 version zip file on the blog. So current version there includes all fixes.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Awesome, thanks for taking care of that bo3b, and thanks for the additions masterotaku!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Due to the positive reviews for this game, I started playing. Although I really should have waited until I upgraded my aging PC.

The auto-convergence is awesome and the 3D is mind blowing.

Once again, a grateful thank you to all the shaderhackers and coders that keep this technology breathing life.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:14 pm Due to the positive reviews for this game, I started playing. Although I really should have waited until I upgraded my aging PC.

The auto-convergence is awesome and the 3D is mind blowing.

Once again, a grateful thank you to all the shaderhackers and coders that keep this technology breathing life.
Always great to see people enjoying the fixes. This game is unbelievably great in 3D. Really, really brings it to life. I don't even mind the nearly endless cutscenes.

For performance- it won't matter if you upgrade, this thing runs like a dog. I've got an 8700K, and an 1080ti, off an Optane PCI card for storage, and I still get stutter loads. It's bad enough that I set the in-game frame cap to 30 fps so that it can be consistent. Not ideal, but you really need consistency for the fights.

Still on my second play through in HelixVision on the IMAX screen, and it's most excellent. Playing on Grand Jedi Master now, and as DJ-RK noted, it's not that bad a bump after finishing on Jedi Master. I did switch controls from keyboard+mouse to XBox controller, so I totally suck at parry again. But I can dodge like mofo now, and no one can touch me. I beat second sister on first try this time, so I'd say I learned from last time.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Just started this - Thank you DJ-RK - phenomenal work. Reminiscent of Jedi Knight 1 and 2 which were brilliant.

I did some preliminary benchmarks on system in sig - GPU stayed well below 100% so the bottlenecks were CPU only (the game doesn't scale past 4 cores even in 2D) - tests were all done at maxed settings:

2D = 100 fps
3DVision = 40 fps
HelixVision = 35 fps
vorpX Proper 3D = 40-ish non-working in Stereo3D
vorpX Z buffer (3DV compatibility mode) = 90 fps solid (my HMD's refresh rate).

I know DJ-RK is going to hate me for this, but if you find 35-40fps unplayable, then give 'Compatibility mode' a shot in 3DV or even vorpX. It looks stunning. Does it look as good as DJ-RK's fix? Of course not - but if it's performance/fluidity you crave, then it's worth a go.

My settings for the latter:
Resolution: 2400x2100
Mod: https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuide ... locker.htm - increase FOV to 90 - (default FOV is unplayable for me, where the 3D effect is severely lacking).

Future:
The 3DV CPU bug is causing a 60% fps reduction which isn't great unfortunately; however Helifax's wrapper is said to eliminate the CPU bug and give exactly half fps in [Left/Right -> display] mode and pretty much full fps in [Left -> Display / Right -> Display] mode (if I recall correctly when I tested Doom 2016 a long time ago - it was certainly much higher than half). Heli/bo3b's potentially future DX wrapper would be presumably similar performing; one can hope...
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Skawen
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Skawen »

I not so in to Star wars, but decided to try Your fix with auto functions & must say that I have no words :) This is the most amazing fix & the game is good.

Thank You DJ-RK for your time to make this amazing fix!

Some pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

holy...these screenshots look amazing :O Definitely picking that one up.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

RAGEdemon wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:05 pm Just started this - Thank you DJ-RK - phenomenal work. Reminiscent of Jedi Knight 1 and 2 which were brilliant.

I did some preliminary benchmarks on system in sig - GPU stayed well below 100% so the bottlenecks were CPU only (the game doesn't scale past 4 cores even in 2D) - tests were all done at maxed settings:

2D = 100 fps
3DVision = 40 fps
I don't understand how you get 100fps in 2D - I lowered my res to 1280x768, medium settings and max I get is 60 - it's like the game is locked to 60 and won't go above it (that's what afterburner is showing), but my MAX FPS setting is at 120. (I'm on RTX2060/3600X). This is at the beginning of the game, in the shipyard.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”