3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Valkrey
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Post by Valkrey »

Just created an account to say how much I appreciate what you are doing. Beta 3 worked flawlessly on My Win 10 ver 2004 with my GTX1070. It installed the latest driver and makes 3D work again. I will test beta 4 for you as well. :D
mallolollo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mallolollo »

Valkrey wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:12 pm Just created an account to say how much I appreciate what you are doing. Beta 3 worked flawlessly on My Win 10 ver 2004 with my GTX1070. It installed the latest driver and makes 3D work again. I will test beta 4 for you as well. :D
me too !!!!! lol

thank you very much to developer for this fantastic software !!!!!! I can again see my blu-ray 3d iso on my old tv3d samsung !!!!!!!!! you are a GENIUS !!! :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :woot :woot :woot
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Valkrey wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:12 pm Just created an account to say how much I appreciate what you are doing. Beta 3 worked flawlessly on My Win 10 ver 2004 with my GTX1070. It installed the latest driver and makes 3D work again. I will test beta 4 for you as well. :D
Thx for the info! That's super great that it still works on 2004! I'm still on 1909 as I didn't dare to ask Windows Update for the new feature update. But now I think I'll be more relaxed when doing so :P.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Beta 5 is released here

This is already pretty close to final release I think. Some minor things are still missing like the tray icon changing when 3D is on / off and I have to re-read the comments which feature requests have been asked in the past.

Omg and I still have to add all the new game profiles haha.
Axhillock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axhillock »

For some reason I'm not seeing all of the game fixes as I would be seeing from the stable version, even though they have the same update profile version. For example, I cannot see Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order in the list of supported games in all the beta releases so far.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Axhillock wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:46 am For some reason I'm not seeing all of the game fixes as I would be seeing from the stable version, even though they have the same update profile version. For example, I cannot see Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order in the list of supported games in all the beta releases so far.
Yeah, strange the profiles are completely missing. Probably because I was too lazy to integrate them into the git repository. I'll re-add them by copying from the 1.74 release.
Miles00x
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Miles00x »

Hi there, just registered to say thanks for this great tool and to offer some info about my experiences as well. I'm on win1909 and a windows MR VR user, I had difficulty getting Helixvision to work at the start of this month and was giving up hope of getting 2D games to use 3DVision in VR until i saw you lot working on these new fixes and tools like BringBack3DV, they have been super helpful!

With 425.31 and modified nvidia drivers for 442.50 and 445.87, I was having issues. 3DVision was working excellently via my monitor and anaglyph mode, but whenever i plugged in my Windows Mixed Reality VR headset to play Beat Saber or anything else, my graphics devices "ceased to exist" in Geforce Control Panel, Experience, 3D Photo Viewer, and device manager showed them as "stopped because of a problem." Schwing said on discord that i should post here, in case it helped with your beta in any way. I did find a solution.

So, after quite a bit of whack-a-mole troubleshooting, i actually stopped to think about my problem. I realised that when mixed reality portal is launching, it was likely being told to render in anaglyph 3D and hated that entirely, crashing out my gfx drivers. So i disabled 3DV via the toggle in Helixvision/3DFM tool, and bam, VR games worked normally again. Once in Steam VR, i re-enabled the 3DV toggle and finally there was no crashing. So it seems if connecting a windows MR headset, it's worth it to ensure 3DVision is disabled first.

Extra info, i'm not sure had an impact: in HelixVision's settings I set Use Program for: 3D Vision, instead of VR, and then launched into VR via the Play in VR button on the game's page.

My controller wasn't being detected by A Hat in Time when played in VR mode, but it was while in 2D or 3D Desktop modes. So, after a struggle getting the steam controller configurator to appear for HelixVision's built-in "Katanga" app, I was able to set my DS4 to use Steam's default gamepad config, rather than the "Disabled/None" profile that it seemed set to by default.

But yeah, everything is finally works great, and my skeptical brother even enjoyed it. So thanks everyone involved in these driver hacks, 3DFM and Helixvision etc. Super cool!
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

I tried beta 5 (I hadn't yet tried any of the previous betas) and had problems updating the driver, although I often get this even running directly from the nvidia exe. So ran DDU, installed 445.87 via nvidia exe and used 3DFM to install the 3d driver.

I've only tested it on one game so far (Quern) and it works great - many thanks! However I did have one issue, the pop-up asked me if I wished to modify the driver dlls, I clicked yes and then it came up with a laundry list of programs that needed to be closed (including firefox, dropbox, skype, winstore.app and the msn news and weather apps).

I previously had been running a batch file to do this (which I put in schwing's 3dv fix thread) which didn't require any programs to be closed. I had stored both sets of dlls (original and modified) in the nv_dispi.inf_... folder and took ownership of them. I think I had taken ownership of the folder too (but not the other files), and then the batch file simply renamed the files in order to swap them over.

I'm not sure which method you are using to modify the dlls but is it possible to alter the behaviour to not require so many other programs be closed? Alternatively is it possible to have 3dfm run an optional custom batch file whenever it turns 3d on or off?
Pauldusler wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:28 am Beta 5 is released here

This is already pretty close to final release I think. Some minor things are still missing like the tray icon changing when 3D is on / off and I have to re-read the comments which feature requests have been asked in the past.

Omg and I still have to add all the new game profiles haha.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

tadpole wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:19 pm I tried beta 5 (I hadn't yet tried any of the previous betas) and had problems updating the driver, although I often get this even running directly from the nvidia exe. So ran DDU, installed 445.87 via nvidia exe and used 3DFM to install the 3d driver.

I've only tested it on one game so far (Quern) and it works great - many thanks! However I did have one issue, the pop-up asked me if I wished to modify the driver dlls, I clicked yes and then it came up with a laundry list of programs that needed to be closed (including firefox, dropbox, skype, winstore.app and the msn news and weather apps).

I previously had been running a batch file to do this (which I put in schwing's 3dv fix thread) which didn't require any programs to be closed. I had stored both sets of dlls (original and modified) in the nv_dispi.inf_... folder and took ownership of them. I think I had taken ownership of the folder too (but not the other files), and then the batch file simply renamed the files in order to swap them over.

I'm not sure which method you are using to modify the dlls but is it possible to alter the behaviour to not require so many other programs be closed? Alternatively is it possible to have 3dfm run an optional custom batch file whenever it turns 3d on or off?
Hi,

3DFM applies the fix by reading the dlls and searching for the byte sequence to be replaced. If found the sequence is replaced and all bytes are written back to the file. For undoing the same happens. The modified byte sequence is searched and replaced with the original one. Then the file is exactly like the original and EAC happy.

Did you run your bat file in Windows safe mode or in normal mode? Actually I would be surprised if this works in normal mode as several other processes have a lock on these DLL files (especially on the 64 bit DLL) which prevents the files to be replaced / overwritten / renamed. But I'll try your procedure today. Of course would be much more comfortable if no processes had to be closed.

Update:
Just tested to rename the 64 bit DLL and it indeed worked. Overwriting was still not possible as other processes are blocking the file. Have to test more... if it passes my tests I will remove the machinery of killing processes ;). Applying the dll fix would be done in fractions of a second then.

Many thanks for this amazing tip! Although still wondering why the files can be renamed but not overwritten xD.
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

Hi,

I ran the bat under normal windows, and yes it runs very quickly (the nvidia switching to 3d takes much longer). I think I read something ages ago that you can rename some locked files and the "locking" moves to the renamed file (which therefore still can't be modified). New processes would either not see the renamed file or find a new one (if there) with the same name.
Pauldusler wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:10 am Did you run your bat file in Windows safe mode or in normal mode?
Although still wondering why the files can be renamed but not overwritten xD.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

tadpole wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:49 am Hi,

I ran the bat under normal windows, and yes it runs very quickly (the nvidia switching to 3d takes much longer). I think I read something ages ago that you can rename some locked files and the "locking" moves to the renamed file (which therefore still can't be modified). New processes would either not see the renamed file or find a new one (if there) with the same name.
That sounds reasonable. Your solution is perfect then because processes requiring the DLLs wouldn't be affected while the DLL hack is applied. Looking forward for implementing the improvements later today.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

I just finished adding tadpole's solution for applying the Geforce driver fix and it's super fast now (< 1 second) and much more reliable as no processes have to be killed.

Another good thing is that the original driver DLLs are kept untouched - they are just renamed. For users who lost their original DLL files due to having applied an earlier dll hack 3DFM automatically recreates them by replacing byte sequences.
In the end 3DFM does the same as tadpole's solution: DLL hack is applied by renaming the driver DLLs. Only when the hack has never been applied yet the byte sequence is replaced for the copy of the dll.

I'll add a new checkbox in "Nvidia 3D Settings" tab where you can disable the warning messages and just auto confirm to apply / undo the hack. It will be on by default to make users aware that there is some driver hack happening. But in long term those messages are annoying if seeing them for the 100. time.

Again, thank you very much tadpole. That tip was extremely useful.

I'll upload beta 6 still today when I've added the checkbox.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Proud to present Beta 6 of 3DFM. Would be great if someone confirmed the new Geforce driver hack working. Thank you very much!

Beta 6 is released here
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Sorry to bring bad news, but it is impossible for me to activate or deactivate the dlls modification with beta 6.
It produces error in all cases (even reinstalling after ddu)
At the moment the most optimal version for me is still beta 3
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:28 pm Sorry to bring bad news, but it is impossible for me to activate or deactivate the dlls modification with beta 6.
It produces error in all cases (even reinstalling after ddu)
At the moment the most optimal version for me is still beta 3
In 3DFM folder there is a error.txt. Please paste the content of it here.

Could you try to rename the DLLs manually please?
These two:
nvwgf2um.dll
nvwgf2umx.dll

Just try to rename them to e.g. nvwgf2um_.dll and nvwgf2umx_.dll and look if it works. If it worked rename them back to original names.

Go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. Look for a folder starting with nv_dispi.inf. In this folder both of the dlls are.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

29/04/2020 22:24:35:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Acceso denegado a la ruta de acceso.
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
en FixManager.Update.DriverUpdate.<TryApplyGeforceDriverHack>d__44.MoveNext() en C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Update\DriverUpdate.cs:línea 1238

29/04/2020 22:25:26:
en System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
en FixManager.Update.DriverUpdate.<TryApplyGeforceDriverHack>d__44.MoveNext() en C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Update\DriverUpdate.cs:línea 1238

This the log error.
Actually i have reverted all to beta 3 using again ddu and reinstalling drivers again with it ....
Today i will be busy to try those tricks , but tomorrow ill try to do it, (if im capable to do it)ç

P.D.- If this can serve as a hint... i can observe in the log : the address is wrong ...C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Docum... (im not markus, this must be ur addres i guess)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:25 pm 29/04/2020 22:24:35:

29/04/2020 22:25:26:

This the log error.
Actually i have reverted all to beta 3 using again ddu and reinstalling drivers again with it ....
Today i will be busy to try those tricks , but tomorrow ill try to do it, (if im capable to do it)ç

P.D.- If this can serve as a hint... i can observe in the log : the address is wrong ...C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Docum... (im not markus, this must be ur addres i guess)
Thanks for the log! The paths do not matter. C# takes the .cs paths from the dev machine it was compiled on.

The log says "UnauthorizedAccessException". This means that the OS does not let the application rename the DLL file for some reason.
Best will be if you download Beta 7 I've just released. There is a button "Driver Store" in "Nvidia 3D Settings" tab. When you click on it Windows explorer opens the path to the Geforce driver in Windows driver store. Please check if the folder has admin rights (Right click folder "v_dispi.inf_.........." -> properties -> security tab. In the list on the top there should be a list item "Administrators". If it's missing then we might have the cause. But still I wouldn't understand why beta 3 works for you. As said above please try to rename the two dll files there. If it does not even work manually then the application can't either.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Administrators is missing on that security tab...
Maybe beta3 gets acces at installer user.. dont understand it.. but.. thats the fact actually

Either way...
If this system works well for other users, go ahead!
I stay in beta3 (saved as gold on cloth).
For my taste it is perfect, except for some minor tweaks in the interface and the option of a switch for compatibility with mixed reality ... It works for everything I want
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:41 pm Administrators is missing on that security tab...
Maybe beta3 gets acces at installer user.. dont understand it.. but.. thats the fact actually

Either way...
For my taste it is perfect, except for some minor tweaks in the interface and the option of a switch for compatibility with mixed reality ... It works for everything I want
Isaacvigo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:41 pm Administrators is missing on that security tab...

Either way...
OK. Then I guess the owner of the folder is still System user as well. You might try to take ownership of the folder yourself and add administrator group for getting full access. Then beta 7 would work for you, too. Not sure why adding administrator user group automatically failed for you. For taking ownership I simply invoke cmd and not .Net. as the latter didn't work for that special folder. My best guess is that you are logged into windows with an account which does not have full admin rights.

Haha not sure yet if it works for others. But at least on my girl friend's pc it works. There a regular single windows admin account exists. So at least confirmed to work on 2 PCs so far.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

The windows account is unique and administrator, in fact I have no problems assigning rights manually ...
What happens is that I like beta 3 because it does not need any intervention in that regard ...
I value simplicity a lot on a day-to-day basis ... that's why I think it is the most popular version.
I have recommended it in some other post ... but they tell me they can't find where to download it ... would there be any possibility that you would leave it posted as an alternative for those who can't find a solution?
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

For some reason on my system 3DFM 1.74 that I downloaded on 11/26/2019 could detect Jedi the fallen order but Beta 5 couldn't.
Both can't detect Jedi in search paths and only ly 3DFM 1.74 can detect it in Registry. Beta 5 can't find the game in either method.
With 3DFM 1.74 old, the game can only play in 2D. So currently Beta 5 works in 3D beautifully with Win update 1909 and latest Nvidia driver for the few
games that it can find excetp Jedi fallen since it can't see it. I tried several level deep in search paths still not found. Any idea ?

Distant
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

for3donly wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:32 pm For some reason on my system 3DFM 1.74 that I downloaded on 11/26/2019 could detect Jedi the fallen order but Beta 5 couldn't.
Both can't detect Jedi in search paths and only ly 3DFM 1.74 can detect it in Registry. Beta 5 can't find the game in either method.
With 3DFM 1.74 old, the game can only play in 2D. So currently Beta 5 works in 3D beautifully with Win update 1909 and latest Nvidia driver for the few
games that it can find excetp Jedi fallen since it can't see it. I tried several level deep in search paths still not found. Any idea ?

Distant
Haha yeah don't worry that was already reported and will be fixed :D. The profiles got deleted by mistake as they weren't checked into the file repository (my mistake).

Does Beta 7 work for you as well?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:48 pm The windows account is unique and administrator, in fact I have no problems assigning rights manually ...
What happens is that I like beta 3 because it does not need any intervention in that regard ...
I value simplicity a lot on a day-to-day basis ... that's why I think it is the most popular version.
I have recommended it in some other post ... but they tell me they can't find where to download it ... would there be any possibility that you would leave it posted as an alternative for those who can't find a solution?
Hmm I have deleted beta 3 from server but maybe I have the files still around. At least it's in git repository but not sure which commit it was as I didn't tag it.
I'll test if it's possible to modify these files without admin rights. So far it doesn't make sense at all that beta 3 works for you. Beta 1-7 all try to take ownership of the Geforce folder and adding admin rights. Basically the same what is in Schwing's step by step manual.

Update:
Just tried without admin rights and it's definitely not possible to make any changes to the dll files. Windows tells me that I need rights. Somehow logical because SYSTEM user is the only one with admin rights by default and my Windows account isn't in the list of accounts having full admin rights to that folder. Beta 3 can't work if it does not change the rights. Sorry but we are on the wrong track here. Maybe you can re-run Beta 3, toggle DLL hack on and then look in the Geforce folder if ownership and admin rights for the folder have been granted. Maybe rights were granted but renaming files is the only thing generally not working for you in that folder. Easiest way to find out would be try renaming files manually. Or maybe Antivirus software is blocking something... who knows.

Update 2:
Just saw that the parameter for applying admin rights had a german string --> icacls \"" + directoy.FullName + "\"" + " /grant Administratoren:(F)";. Haha not sure if this makes it to not work on systems with other languages xD. But I'll change "Administratoren" to "Administrators" now

Update 3:
Ok this is interesting. "Administratoren" works for me but not "Administrators". Seems to be bound to the language. So we got the reason why admin rights were not granted for you
Last edited by Pauldusler on Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

[/quote]

Haha yeah don't worry that was already reported and will be fixed :D. The profiles got deleted by mistake as they weren't checked into the file repository (my mistake).

Does Beta 7 work for you as well?
[/quote]

i think it gave an error. I'm not at the computer right now but i can try again tomorrow.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Really im not sure how this works...
To clarify:.- i have zips with ur betas into the main 3dmanager installation folder.
To test them i just unzip and overrite.
When i unzip beta3 im able to tick/untick w10 feature, and dialogue is success..
Then 3d works as expected on every cases.
When unzip betas 6/7 i get error activating/deactivating features.
To be sure then i proceed to make clean installs(of the driver) on both versions.
Betas 6&7 fails even making driver install with them.
Beta 3 works ,no matter who makes the installation.
Thats why i love those one ... it has superpowers to me.
Im not engineer.. cant explain reasons... maybe uses another folder... maybe the batch to stop procces... There are something in that version capable to make the trick for everybodies without the need of touch any permissions manualy
Last edited by Isaacvigo on Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:29 am Really im not sure how this works...
To clarify:.- i have zips with ur betas into the main 3dmanager installation folder.
To test them i just unzip and overrite.
When i unzip beta3 im able to tick/untick w10 feature, and dialogue is success..
Then 3d works as expected on every cases.
When unzip betas 6/7 i get error activating/deactivating features.
To be sure then i proceed to make clean installs(of the driver) on both versions.
Betas 6&7 fails even making driver install with them.
Beta 3 works ,no matter who makes the installation.
Thats why i love those one ... it has superpowers yo me.
Im not engineer.. cant explain reasons... maybe uses the folder... maybe the batch to stop procces... There are something in that version capable to make the trick for everybodies without the need of touch any permissions manualy
See reason above. The command line argument is wrong. That's the reason it works on German PCs but not on other languages lol. Maybe I can just add the current windows user account insteat of the administrators group. Will try that next. But still unclear why beta 3 works. I'll checkout the commit and try with beta 3 again but won't call to the takeownership / grant admin rights. Just to find out how this can possibly work :D
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

If u wana try changing that word to universal english...
I can test for you on a spanish pc.

Edit. Already read ur edit 3....
Then we are in troubles Houston...
Wich one is the method used in beta 3 to grant access ? Maybe is a different one...
But for sure is the best one .
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:39 am If u wana try changing that word to universal english...
I can test for you on a spanish pc.

Edit. Already read ur edit 3....
Then we are in troubles Houston...
Wich one is the method used in beta 3 to grant access ? Maybe is a different one...
But for sure is the best one .
Ok my searches on google confirmed that it depends on the currently selected language in Windows... this sucks. Here is the post I got the info from: https://superuser.com/questions/1176622 ... a-folder-t

But a workaround is not to add the admin user group but the currently logged in user. Another thing which worked is adding a SID which is also language independent. So Schwing's manual only works on English PCs as well for adding admin rights to the folder.

I upload beta 8 later. Should work then now. Believe me... just adding the admin rights is superior as we only need to rename the files then. Better than killing dozens of processes in worst case which is done in beta 3. Tonight I'll test why beta 3 worked at all on non-German PCs ^^... still completely unclear to me. Beta 3 used the same method to add admin rights as Beta 7 at least I'm pretty sure. So it fails on both betas for non-German PCs.
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

I tried beta 7 with Quern and intitially got "An error occurred while installing the Geforce graphics driver modification...". I clicked on the driver store button and opened the security sheet (right click in white space area...Properties...Security...Advanced). I already had ownership of the folder, either from the previous installation of the drivers or from successful change by 3DFM, but there was no Administrators entry. I added this (detailed steps below for anyone wanting to try this) and it worked perfectly!

Possibly either 3DFM can be modified to do these steps, or they can be done manually (they only need to be done once per driver installation so it is worth the hassle).

It would be useful to have a clear indication which configuration the drivers are in (so that we know when it is safe to run EAC protected games) - eg the button could be moved under (or merged with) the 3d on/off button, and/or there could be 3 different icons (as suggested by Isaacvigo), one for each state in the taskbar. Otherwise, with the warning dialogs turned off in the settings, this is perfect for me, many thanks.

Detailed steps for enabling Administrators to driver store folder (C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_...)

1. Open relevant folder:
In 3DFM (beta 7), click 'Settings'...'Nvidia 3D Settings'...'Driver Store' button

2. Open the security sheet:
Right click in white space area...Properties...Security...Advanced

3: Add 'Administrators' entry:
Click the Add button...Select a prinicipal...type 'Administrators' (NB 's' at end is important)...Check Names...OK...tick 'Full control'...OK...OK...Yes - to the warning...OK
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

tadpole wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:11 am
3: Add 'Administrators' entry:
Click the Add button...Select a prinicipal...type 'Administrators' (NB 's' at end is important)...Check Names...OK...tick 'Full control'...OK...OK...Yes - to the warning...OK
Haha let me guess: your selected language in Windows 10 is English / not German? xD That's what currently prevents to add admin rights.
The user group "Administrators" only exists for English version of Windows 10, you won't find it for non-English PCs. On French it's probably "Administrateurs", on German it's "Administratoren" it's bound to the language... this is the issue currently.

Please see posts above. I already found a solution which is not adding the localized user group string any more ("Administratoren"). Instead via SID or directly the logged in user account. I release beta 8 later today where it is fixed.
Adding a toggle with 3 states is not so binding friendly I would have to change some things and add a converter. Also not all people need a 3 state button (win 7, 8, < win 10 v.1903).
But you are right. Maybe directly below the 3D toggle a smaller toggle for the Win10 fix would be nice. This toggle is in Nvidia 3D settings tab currently where it is too much hidden. Thanks for the idea.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
ramcaid
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ramcaid »

Hi, the Beta version 3 was working great for me for the last week, have been playing glorious 3D vision once again! But this evening it started opening in German language, and causes an error... I have tried deleting the program, and unzipping again, then running the program, but it keeps doing the same thing...

30/04/2020 9:26:30 PM:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 16, position 1. (C:\Users\Campbell\AppData\Local\FixManager\3DFixManager.exe_Url_rdbp5fjo2fucn1j43wqnzobzl4piebxr\1.0.0.0\user.config line 16) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 16, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at FixManager.Properties.Settings.get_SelectedLanguageIndex() in C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Properties\Settings.Designer.cs:line 382
at FixManager.MainWindow..ctor() in C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 163

30/04/2020 9:26:37 PM:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 16, position 1. (C:\Users\Campbell\AppData\Local\FixManager\3DFixManager.exe_Url_rdbp5fjo2fucn1j43wqnzobzl4piebxr\1.0.0.0\user.config line 16) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 16, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at FixManager.Properties.Settings.get_CompactGuiEnabled() in C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Properties\Settings.Designer.cs:line 322
at FixManager.MainWindow.myWindow_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 529

30/04/2020 9:26:44 PM:
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)
at FixManager.Properties.Settings.get_EnableCachedPaths() in C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Properties\Settings.Designer.cs:line 1006
at FixManager.Helpers.VisionHelper.findGames(Boolean useCache) in C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Helpers\VisionHelper.cs:line 343
at FixManager.Helpers.VisionHelper.GetFixProfilesData() in C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\Helpers\VisionHelper.cs:line 197
at FixManager.MainWindow.myWindow_ContentRendered(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Markus Guendert\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\3D Fix Manager\WpfApplication3\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 580
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

@ramcaid: Just delete the file below and it should work again

But before doing so can you please open the file and look what is in line 14-18? Just that I have some context info. Or simply paste the whole file here xD.

C:\Users\Campbell\AppData\Local\FixManager\3DFixManager.exe_Url_rdbp5fjo2fucn1j43wqnzobzl4piebxr\1.0.0.0\user.config
Last edited by Pauldusler on Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

Pauldusler wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:26 am Haha let me guess: your selected language in Windows 10 is English / not German? xD That's what currently prevents to add admin rights.
Apologies, yes, I hadn't yet caught up on the thread. Hopefully there is a generic way to do this for all languages.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

tadpole wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:58 am
Pauldusler wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:26 am Haha let me guess: your selected language in Windows 10 is English / not German? xD That's what currently prevents to add admin rights.
Apologies, yes, I hadn't yet caught up on the thread. Hopefully there is a generic way to do this for all languages.
Yeah luckily yes. All windows accounts also have a unique identifier (SID). This one can be passed to ICACLS. So far what worked for me was adding my currently logged in user account via "user domain \ user name" or via SID. I think the same should also work for the admin user group by passing the SID of it - I will try this later. Otherwise I just use the first possibility via user domain \ user name. This identifies the account uniqueley as well and is not bound to a language.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Ok cool thing is that Microsoft has a list of SIDs here. They are the same on all Windows versions:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ng-systems
According to the list "Administrators" group has this SID: S-1-5-32-544

So finally adding admin user group should work now.

Beta 8 is released here

For Beta 9 hightest priority will be the new toggle button in top right corner for enabling/disabling win10 dll fix manually. Will be released also still today.
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

Using the admin user group would provide better security than user name as no changes could be made in the folder without an elevated program. Is there a SID which is the same for all admin groups regardless of language?

Edit - aha I see you found one!
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

I removed the admin group from the folder and tried beta 8 and it works perfectly many thanks :)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

tadpole wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:33 am I removed the admin group from the folder and tried beta 8 and it works perfectly many thanks :)
You're welcome. Thank you very much for confirming that it works now :D.
tadpole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tadpole »

Just one last (hopefully small) request.
if you are planning to add both toggles to the main window and have tray icons reflect the state, would it be possible to a) add the toggles to the right-click menu from the systray and b) have an option to minimize the program to the systray?
That way the program could always be running and it be easy to change or check the settings (or open the main window) all from the tray.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

Omg...
When do you sleep?
Ill try beta 8 as soon is possible.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”