What would you like to see in a VR adventure?

do you care for the classic untextured VR style?

YES
69%
NO
31%

Total votes: 49

GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Re: What would you like to see in a VR adventure?

Post by GeraldT »

squibbfire you can play this in the cod black ops 2 solo campaign, it is awesome (even though not half as cool as in the video).

I would like to implement such a suit (would be rather easy I think), but the current game mechanics don't allow it (at least not at the beginning of the game).

Right now you get a jet pack (more like rocket shoes) and so you can jump from one tile to the next. You can also use it to "climb" the higher structures. But it won't last long enough to give you a "glide" ... you still need to "reposition" the structure to reach your goal. Such a suite would mean I could in many cases just create the structure, climb on top and then glide where I want to go.

This might be awesome, but for a single dev it would be hard to create a world interesting enough to keep you engaged in the action.

But since COD BO2 I love those things and I really hope that we can play BO2 with the Rift in the near future, because that would be playable then :)
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
squibbfire
Certif-Eyed!

Post by squibbfire »

Crazy idea here...

First person batman game...with oculus....
Rift Demos
Total List of Demos
Enter the Rift http://www.entertherift.fr/gamecenter/f ... ?langue=en
Official Oculus Shared Demos https://share.oculusvr.com/
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

you get me the license, I make the game :D
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

I just feel stupid and am happy. I could have dropped that Unity game window onto my second screen any time in the past 2 months .... took me until today, I guess mostly because in the beginning there was always a tutorial open and Mono ... slowly it moves to content production, so more Unity workspace is useful!

Is there a way to save changes made in playmode?

Ohh and another screenshot ... the item menu in the left lower corner is rendered in 3D space - you need to look down a bit. I will spend a bit more time with it later in finish to make it look more like a holographic projection. But before that I need an artist to exchange my coder art. ^^
2nd monitor.png
And I need to find out why some rigidbodies just don't go to sleep! This usually renders at over 100fps ... until physics come into play. I could make them sleep, but I'd rather find my problem, because I would certainly miss some elements somewhere.

Ohhh ... and deactivated shadows. I need to find a lighting theme ... I guess I will give each area a primary color (not green) and the POIs in each area will get a green light. So you could see something in the dark in the sky... just a little green light shining on it and you need to figure out how to reach it.

Next thing to do ... implement xbox controller support. So far I still do all the controls via controller. I used the controller before, but I broke keyboard/mouse controls. This time I have to be more cautios. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

I have not given up on the adventure idea, but I decided to create 2 smaller games using the assets - because I might need longer than the consumer Oculus launch with what I want to do ;)

So one game will focus on the LEAP, I wanted to do that badly ... now I can!

The other one is what I am working on right now targeting the Razer Hydra ... I hope I have a working prototype next week(end). I want to create a sort of geometry wars 3d, using some of the VR assets I created for RR.
I will integrate it with the Rift once I get it, but I think it will be fun on the monitor too.
arcade.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUzVnMQZv4[/youtube-hd]

today I created these nice spawnpoints for enemies ... based on a 5 minute work from deviant art (with permission!!).

Invested a bit more, but very happy with the result. I will use this for both games :)

Ohh ... and it looks cool in stereoscopic!!!
Cernos
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cernos »

Very good work!, i am starting with unity too!

I like those spawnpoints! :)
squibbfire
Certif-Eyed!

Post by squibbfire »

Popopinsel wrote:Yeah, gimme' some Tron game!! :D Think of a competitive racing game, each one riding his Light Cycle down the Game Grid! Palmer Luckey = Kevin Flynn (somehow) ^^

Where's my Lawnmower dress btw...

This would be incredible...A Tron VR Game...Spanning both tech new and old from each movie.
Rift Demos
Total List of Demos
Enter the Rift http://www.entertherift.fr/gamecenter/f ... ?langue=en
Official Oculus Shared Demos https://share.oculusvr.com/
Omarzuqo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Omarzuqo »

GeraldT wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUzVnMQZv4
today I created these nice spawnpoints for enemies ... based on a 5 minute work from deviant art (with permission!!).
Invested a bit more, but very happy with the result. I will use this for both games :)
Ohh ... and it looks cool in stereoscopic!!!
It reminds me explosion animations in Zelda wind waker, I always thought they looked really good and they are extremely simple; just a bunch of 2d sprites facing the camera.
[youtube-hd]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tt0lH3tW_o&hd=1[/youtube-hd]
Although I don't know how well would that look in stereo 3D.
You can also Greenlight other Rift games.
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

ohh cool - this is the art style I have been experimenting with since I tried to get Anime to work in 3D/the Rift.

It is rather simple, but hey I am a one-man-show :D ... that explosion is awesome, I really like that. If I get my bombs to work the way I want, then I will implement that. :)

I am already working on a second version with bluesky ... but decided to first get this one running. :)
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

man - this looks like nothing, but I had a hard time getting this to work.

but now it does and even in s3d I still have lots of power to spare :D

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iW059RPNSw[/youtube-hd]

... and still waiting for the Hydra to arrive ... this would be much more fun with a hydra

Return to “Oculus VR”