LOVE - now this should be fun with the Rift!!

GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

LOVE - now this should be fun with the Rift!!

Post by GeraldT »

ultra_high_res_screen_shot_done12.jpg
This game is in the making for 5 years and I had never heard about it so far. The search engine here didn't either so I thought I'd share.

Kind of like minecraft 3 meets another world - one of the best procedural generated worlds I have ever seen!!
And it is really something new. Just awesome.

Those screenshots are old or something, looks even cooler today than those: http://www.quelsolaar.com/love/screen_shots.html

And the best thing is that is is smoooooth! I hope this can be made playable on the Rift - I could even live with 2D.

Game is FREE!! it might cost you time though and there is that donate button on the website :)

check it out: http://www.quelsolaar.com/love/index.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
cerulianbaloo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: LOVE - now this should be fun with the Rift!!

Post by cerulianbaloo »

I remember seeing previews for this awhile back, very beautiful and promising. Quite impressionistic. Only problem I see converting to Rift is its open gl, I've read elsewhere that's quite the deterrent, the main reason converting Amnesia would be difficult. Maybe it could be done but I don't know enough about the technical details to comment further. I hope it gets support for Rift somehow though, this kind of art style would be great for VR.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

If developers want to natively port their game to work with the Rift, then OpenGL is not any harder than DirectX. The issue is with injection drivers that usually Target DirectX, and would have to be rewritten for the handful of games that use OpenGL.
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

2nd game - different server, there was some kind of war going on and a very annoying storm pressing me in one direction.
The first game was much cooler, just exploration in a very cool world. If you get the first one - select different server ;)

Someone so far figured out how it works?
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
zacherynuk

Post by zacherynuk »

cybereality wrote:If developers want to natively port their game to work with the Rift, then OpenGL is not any harder than DirectX. The issue is with injection drivers that usually Target DirectX, and would have to be rewritten for the handful of games that use OpenGL.
Hopefully we'll see a lot more of this though, since Steam is embracing Linux and OpenGL...
cerulianbaloo

Post by cerulianbaloo »

cybereality wrote:If developers want to natively port their game to work with the Rift, then OpenGL is not any harder than DirectX. The issue is with injection drivers that usually Target DirectX, and would have to be rewritten for the handful of games that use OpenGL.
Well that's wonderful to hear, now I'm much more hopeful of seeing an Amnesia driver for the Rift :D
Kajos
Cross Eyed!

Post by Kajos »

I tried playing this game, and then I took an arrow to the head. Because it's confusing.
3trip
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3trip »

looks like Van Gogh came back from the dead, and can program.
MaterialDefender

Post by MaterialDefender »

As much as I like the Rift, I think love is more fun without. It's so damn hard to kiss with a device like that strapped to your head. ;)
adventurer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by adventurer »

I read the game link that this game is made by only one person. He must be a genius :ugeek: :roll:
unsilentwill
Cross Eyed!

Post by unsilentwill »

Wow, didn't think of this game... but there's a ton of abstract/prototype indie games that won't sell the Rift to most people, but will certainly allow for some new surreal experiences. What's it like to be a triangle anyway? Very excited to see this game and other strangely designed games on the Rift allowing for game design to branch out.

Return to “Oculus VR”