emagin z800 and latest nvidia video cards ....

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: emagin z800 and latest nvidia video cards ....

Post by WiredEarp »

Hi Fragilem17

Hmm, I haven't used the Z800 for a long time due to the OLED cancer I have on one screen - do you have a 3D Vision dongle that is plugged in? The fact that you are getting red/blue suggests that your 3D in the drivers is set to 3D Vision Discover, not a generic monitor or a 3D vision monitor...

Yep, not sure about if the ROM was required, but I suspect so. I'll try and plug in my glasses tonight and sort out if it works on the latest drivers and let you know - if it does, you probably will need to buy the ROM if you want to use your Z800. Unfortunately, its about $100 (shipping is heaps, its the size of a coin but comes in a DVD size box ;\ )
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: emagin z800 and latest nvidia video cards ....

Post by WiredEarp »

I plugged in my Z800, and can confirm that it no longer works on the latest drivers with 3D Vision. F u Nvidia, once again. Its almost enough to make me buy AMD next time.

The issue seems to be that despite having the dongle plugged in and the HMD set to primary, using the generic monitor setting only shows '3D Vision Discover' analygph imagery now, not the frame switched imagery I need. So, basically it looks as though they have removed page flipped rendering from everything but the official 3D Vision monitors.

I wonder if its possible to hack 3D Vision to make it think that its turning on 3D Vision Discover, but make it turn on page flip? Also, I suspect that this problem could possibly be bypassed with a custom monitor config file, like has been done with projectors. However, I don't really care enough anymore (especially with the Rift coming) to spend any more time on it...

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”