NYC Oculus Rift Indie Developer Meeting

This is for discussion and development of non-commercial open source VR/AR projects (e.g. Kickstarter applicable, etc). Contact MTBS admins at customerservice@mtbs3d.com if you are unsure if your efforts qualify.
Toby
One Eyed Hopeful

NYC Oculus Rift Indie Developer Meeting

Post by Toby »

I'm planning a meeting sometime in February for Rift developers to meet and discuss their projects (and hopefully find people they want to work with).

I've already found a possible space in Brooklyn and know there are at least 8 other people interested. I've also gotten permission to turn it into a Babycastles event, so a lot of people in the NYC indie game scene will be aware of this.

Who here is interested? Any suggestions on when? Or on the format of the meeting?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: NYC Oculus Rift Indie Developer Meeting

Post by cybereality »

I think this is a great idea, good luck man.
adoral84
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by adoral84 »

Awesome, I was actually searching for something like this in the area not long ago, I'd definitely be interested.
druidsbane

Post by druidsbane »

Noticed your thread on reddit as well.

I'd be interested in joining you guys at least once on a weekend. Format? I've never been to one of these before, I'd say if anyone has any homebrew headsets for playing around with, demos, wants to help discuss coding, etc... Any idea how long or when this will take place? Subscribed to this thread so I can be notified whenever you post it.
Ibex 3D VR Desktop for the Oculus Rift: http://hwahba.com/ibex - https://bitbucket.org/druidsbane/ibex
adoral84

Post by adoral84 »

druidsbane wrote: ... I've never been to one of these before, I'd say if anyone has any homebrew headsets for playing around with, demos, wants to help discuss coding, etc...
I think that'd be a great idea, it'd at least work great as a conversation starter and prevent it from just being a bunch of guys all lamenting not having their dev kits yet. I have two DIY rifts that are currently out of commission (apparently the LVDS board I used consistently burns out after a bit at the advertised power requirements :/ ) but once I get the new boards I could bring one with my gaming laptop.

edit: Just got an email from the supplier, they're not going to be able to ship until after the chinese holiday.

Return to “VR/AR Research & Development”