Thanks for all the hard work

2EyeGuy
Certif-Eyable!

Thanks for all the hard work

Post by 2EyeGuy »

Oculus are probably working really hard right now getting the Dev Kits ready for launch. And other people here are working hard on drivers, games, media players, and other software. So to everyone who's working hard on making the Oculus Rift amazing, I want to say thank you.

It's not long now until the Rift comes out, and all that work will be very much enjoyed and appreciated by everyone.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Thanks for all the hard work

Post by cybereality »

Yes, thank you everyone who is hacking away, getting ready for the Rift launch.

I think when VR finally comes to fruition it will be said that it was the community that made this happen, and that it all started here on MTBS3D.
jayoh
Cross Eyed!

Post by jayoh »

cybereality wrote:... and that it all started here on MTBS3D.
indeed, indeed.
Popopinsel
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Popopinsel »

2EyeGuy wrote:Oculus are probably working really hard right now getting the Dev Kits ready for launch. And other people here are working hard on drivers, games, media players, and other software. So to everyone who's working hard on making the Oculus Rift amazing, I want to say thank you.

It's not long now until the Rift comes out, and all that work will be very much enjoyed and appreciated by everyone.
+1!

And we're all part of history here! :D
Dycus
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Dycus »

Additives
Cross Eyed!

Post by Additives »

It's like waiting for xmass all over again. Must be really ramping up over there, according to the timeline the units should be leaving soon. I do not envy the person who need to sign for that order...5000 is a big number to count to, and you know they will just leave them right in the doorway and then take the trolley.
Bishop51
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Bishop51 »

cybereality wrote:Yes, thank you everyone who is hacking away, getting ready for the Rift launch.

I think when VR finally comes to fruition it will be said that it was the community that made this happen, and that it all started here on MTBS3D.
Well said Cyber! I firmly believe that what everyone has contributed here and what they'll add to the process will give Oculus its day in the sun!

To all of you developers out there sweating it out, working late, worrying about the bills, trying to make magic ahead of the dev kit rollout, I say good luck to you and thank you for being involved!

To Palmer and the rest of the guys at Oculus; We can only imagine what kind of stress you are going through with manufacturing. Its always a painful dance with China even when things are going supposedly smoothly. The media attention, the rapid growth, I can't even imagine what kind of pressure that puts on you and your relationships. But it looks like you've got a great group there and I hope everyone is being supportive. I hope the workload is spread evenly and that you guys have a chance to breath on occasion! Thank you for working so hard to make this dream a reality!

If I may tease lightly, my small studio will have more info on our Rift game coming over the course of the next 2 weeks. I'll be sure to talk to MTBS about it when we're closer to revealing things. You can have an early fleeting glimpse at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gall ... 7204211296 . The official website, video and teasers are coming online later in the month :)
KBK
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by KBK »

cybereality wrote:Yes, thank you everyone who is hacking away, getting ready for the Rift launch.

Yes. Sorry I got here so late, I wasn't aware. (can't follow everything) :)

I am systems integration and perfection, as a motion toward absolute realism. I work on fundamentals, not specifically software or hardware. I do the things that are the final inches of perfecting, those last few percentage points that can be eked out of the given system. I'm here to help, not to interfere, or aggrandize myself.

My job description is so impossible to communicate, that few understand what I do or what can be done. They only see it, when it is done, and I show it to them. I hack the fundamentals.

One of my more recent jobs, was to be the fundamental in the creation for the world's best projection coatings, used in what is now the world's biggest 3D amusement rides, and corporate and military simulator systems (3D and 2D). We don't get to talk about the given applications and use, in the specific...as everyone likes to keep their secrets.

When you see giant screens advertising in malls, city cores and the like, and all of that crap taking over your world and your walk down the street in the big cities ....blame me for part of that.

it was my earlier version of what Palmer is trying to do here. I wanted the best screen in the world for my extreme grade projection system that I had to also create... and I had to go and build it from scratch, myself. I wanted it to be inexpensive. So inexpensive that you'd not pay for it and be given $5 at the same time. (I used to say as a joke) Typical FTW hacker.

I believe that this HMD, as an opening to this coming 'place and space'... has the potential to create what exactly it's name says. A Rift. It is plainly visible to me. A rift in the eye of I, but for all.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?

Return to “Oculus VR”