The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
scarab
Two Eyed Hopeful

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Post by scarab »

it dont works on my system.
i have 2-3 FPS if i enable S3D. 2D i have 35-40 FPS.

anyone has the same problem?

if no one can fix it i think The Chronicles of Riddick get no Certification!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Chronicles of Riddick

Post by Neil »

Hi Scarab,

I haven't tried that game yet.

When it comes to certification, I wanted to differentiate the game developer and the stereoscopic driver developer.

For example, let's say Chronicles works perfectly on a computer with a 7600GT, but fails with a 7900GT in stereo mode.

Is this the fault of the game developer, or the driver developer?

For now, if we can get the game to work with a 3D solution, it will get certified because in this case, the game developer has done their job. Even if it only works on one or two solutions, it is still outside the realm of the game developer.

HOWEVER, this will also open the door for the driver developer to step in and make bug fixes to get around the bugs for the other solutions that have the problem you are describing.

If all goes to plan, our certification results will give a quick temperature check for everyone involved so issues can be resolved quickly and accurately.

Regards,
Neil 8)
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Post by DDuckMan »

scarab wrote:it dont works on my system.
i have 2-3 FPS if i enable S3D. 2D i have 35-40 FPS.

anyone has the same problem?

if no one can fix it i think The Chronicles of Riddick get no Certification!
That game is a tough one. I could never even get it to load without an error with the 3d drivers enabled. In fact you are the first one I have seen that could even get the game to load in stereo 3d. Sounds like you at least got your foot in the door.

Keep trying to change/disable video setting and let us know if you make any progress. I don't remember if I got a chance to try the last set of stereo drivers before I gave up.
Gerald
One Eyed Hopeful

Hmm

Post by Gerald »

I tried it. Must be some sort of effect that destroys the depth information. While the menus are in 3d, the game isn't. It's sort of like what R6 Vegas does : the images separate, but they are the same image, and are not drawn from different places. It can temporarily fool you into thinking it is 3d.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”