New Unofficial Oculus Rift Blog Online - What do you think?

geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Re: New Unofficial Oculus Rift Blog Online - What do you thi

Post by geekmaster »

oculusriftfan wrote:@geekmaster, im avoiding placing a link in my post because i really don't want to be flagged as spamming the forum. I am a newcomer here so my reputation is paramount.
Except that is what your thread is all about and the link would be completely ON TOPIC, and even Dycus has participated in this thread.

As it is now, the MISSING LINK is much more annoying than if the thread contained an actual SPAM post...

Please add the link, and blame me if you need to. I have no problem with apologizing even when I do not need to. As Grace Hopper said, " If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.", so you can blame her too if you need to...

Really, the blog URL is exactly what this thread is all about, so the missing link is ridiculous. Really now, just stick the link back into the first post where it belongs. :!:

Of course, google finds more than one "Oculus Rift Blog", so I assume your thread is dedicated to this one:
http://oculusrift-blog.com/

... and not this one:
http://www.oculusvr.com/blog/

For newcomers finding this thread, you REALLY need to replace that missing link in your first post. Please listen to Grace Hopper (and me), and "Just Do It!"... Thanks.

EDIT: I see that you followed our advice and added the link to the first post. Your bravery deserves a medal! :D Thanks!
Last edited by geekmaster on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
oculusfan
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by oculusfan »

oculusriftfan wrote:@geekmaster, im avoiding placing a link in my post because i really don't want to be flagged as spamming the forum. I am a newcomer here so my reputation is paramount.
Well other than stealing my username :P :lol: , your reputation is in fine shape.
EdZ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by EdZ »

It might be an idea to add a datestamp to the posts: at the moment, it's hard to tell how new the news actually is.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

I actually like the overall look and feel to the website etc, but the font you're using makes it hard to read on my screen! Perhaps a less skinny font?
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

I like it!

I have bookmarked it but I bookmarked the NEWS link. The main page is a nice splash display but not altogether useful to me.
Baristan6
Cross Eyed!

Post by Baristan6 »

I like the new version. Much nicer without the splash screen. Keep up the good work.

Return to “Oculus VR”