Strike Suit Zero on Oculus

SartreFan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Strike Suit Zero on Oculus

Post by SartreFan »

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editoria ... it-zero-on

Just saw this on the Oculus sub-reddit. I've never even heard of this game and probably wouldn't have purchased it, but this would be awesome on the Oculus and I would absolutely pick it up
jaybug
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Strike Suit Zero on Oculus

Post by jaybug »

I backed the game on kickstarter, and if you threw in an extra dollar they promised access to a Rift-compatible beta, so I did of course.

This was back before the Rift was delayed, and I believe they were planning to make it rift compatible sooner.
mindless
Cross Eyed!

Post by mindless »

I was late for the kickstarter, but they were still taking paypal donations after the kickstarter ended, offering the same rewards. So I signed up for it.

I'm a little curious how its going to work with a third person view, will the rift allow you to rotate your view around the ship. or will they give a 1st person view? i've no idea. it will be interesting to see what they will come up with.
German
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by German »

jaybug wrote:I backed the game on kickstarter, and if you threw in an extra dollar they promised access to a Rift-compatible beta, so I did of course.
It annoyed me that they didn't account for this at all in the survey they sent out after the Kickstarter ended. I still haven't heard anything about getting access to it.
defactoman
Cross Eyed!

Post by defactoman »

I bought the game, it's been good shoot-em-up fun. There is a first person mode for the game (not a cockpit view); which I don't use. However, I would imagine if you were to play that game in 3rd person on the rift you would go for immersive high-fov, without the head-tracking for controlling the suit/jet. As I was playing it I kept thinking about how it was going to look with rift support. I think being immersed in space without the feeling of being the person should be possible as I kept getting annoyed by my monitors :P
Last edited by defactoman on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delryn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Delryn »

I think they said they will be creating a cockpit for the first person Rift mode. At least that's their first idea.
GPU: NVidia GTX 680|CPU: Core i5-2400|RAM: 16gig|SSD: 120GB|HDD: 1.25TB|Liquid Cooled CPU and GPU

Return to “Oculus VR”