ACCUPIX mybud 3D Viewer - Finally on ebay usa

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
suckmysound
One Eyed Hopeful

ACCUPIX mybud 3D Viewer - Finally on ebay usa

Post by suckmysound »

Hi
Guys ! found this while i was researching for HDMI caoable HMD [HMZ,st1080 are crappy and expensive]
And HDMI capable HMD with latest 3d support are very very few [cinemizer OLED/HMZ/st1080]
So found this .
i thought of creating a new topic for discussion as i'd found the reference somewhere on this site.

ACCUPIX mybud 3D Viewer Head Mounted Display (Black)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACCUPIX-mybud-3 ... 4d02b581a4

* Product: mybud
* Display: LCOS LCD x 2
* Virtual screen size: 100inch
* Resolution: 852 x 480 (WVGA)
* Charging Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
* Power Adapter: AC-100~240V 50~60Hz, DC-5V/2A
* Battery: Lithium-polymer 4200mA/h
* Dimensions (Glasses): 186 X 167 X 44mm
* Dimensions (Control box): 127 X 71 X 30mm
* Weight (Glasses): 78g
* Weight (Control box): 146g
* Color: Black

at least seems better than vuzix 1200 [same res. LCD but no HDMI]

my bud site has korean usage [no english details]
====================================
http://my-bud.com/mall/goods/goods_view ... &sorting=0

reviewed here :
============
http://translate.google.co.in/translate ... CGEQ7gEwCA

facts :
========
Now 100inch@4m - how much FOV does it work out ? can anybody help - my scientific calculator has crapped out.
this does 2d to 3d how ?
exit pupil as per review looks better than most other HMDs as per review link.
Selling for usd$600 free worldwide shipping [ vuzix has additional shipping added]
Currently neither HMZ nor st1080 [cinemizer OLED may be vaporware becoz of high cost] seem perfect so this 'd fill the void while they [HMZ/st1080 better themselves in the times to come !

queries :
==========
a)is the FOV greater or lesser than vuzix 1200 [i hate vuzix they just re-brand china/HK stuff] ?
b)i think FOV 'd be better than that of cinemizer OLED [30FOV] [usd$800,vaporware] ?
c)is the menu system in English ?
d)diagonal FOV ?
e)can it be powered by usb port current - seems not but i hope it does ?

anyone who understands korean - any ideas ?
update : with some luck i cought the youtube video and the url of the company
finally English specs :
http://www.accupix.com/index.asp?module ... &sSubNo=51

youtube vidz :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdCMRccqPgk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYm67CwvisQ

i have high expectations with this - exit ppl being huge [looks like it] and my need for hdmi capable headset looks up to this [cannot spend more than usd600 - budget limitation],Vuzix 1200 is a poop compared with this!

Unless HMZ gets complete facelift[glasses style with portability] - my vote is strong no-no
also st1080 - they have too many QC issues to resolve before they provide a great product - new excuses for shoddy Q - tired of their crap !
cinemizer OLED - 30FOV for usd$800 - are they kidding the whole world even the fpv community is not amused [ fatsharks rule] so this is in all likelihood a vaporware !

so this might be the only thing to bank on at least for me
Last edited by suckmysound on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: ACCUPIX mybud 3D Viewer - Finally on ebay usa

Post by cybereality »

The FOV is the same as Vuzix 1200: 35 degrees diagonal. Probably not the best headset, and I doubt it could look anywhere near as good as something like the HMZ-T1. Also, there is no mention of what 3D formats it supports: frame-packing? side-by-side? etc. I don't know, maybe its OK, but for $600 I would expect more. Certainly if it were in the $200-300 range that would be something different.
suckmysound
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by suckmysound »

cybereality wrote:The FOV is the same as Vuzix 1200: 35 degrees diagonal. Probably not the best headset, and I doubt it could look anywhere near as good as something like the HMZ-T1. Also, there is no mention of what 3D formats it supports: frame-packing? side-by-side? etc. I don't know, maybe its OK, but for $600 I would expect more. Certainly if it were in the $200-300 range that would be something different.
well - usd$200-300 is not even that vuzix sells for ,vuzix 1200 is usd499 on us vuzix website that too non - hdmi [max resolution HD].
3D is SBS also it mentions 2d to 3d - dunno what it means for mybud ?

but if the FOV is 35 - i will pick this up
1)Vuzix is crap
2)Vuzix 1200 no hdmi
3)price same as vuzix 1200 [since shipping fee is included already] , has HDMI upto 1080p/i 50/60 Hz supported.3d SBS supported i think it has internal scaler that downscales - not too sure either.

i think reasons justify - that as better than vuzix !

can someone post the FOV calculation - 100inch@4m how much FOV ? dammi forgot how to calculate that [screen aspect is 4:3] i am sure from the review link
AngelJ
Cross Eyed!

Post by AngelJ »

suckmysound wrote:can someone post the FOV calculation - 100inch@4m how much FOV ? dammi forgot how to calculate that [screen aspect is 4:3] i am sure from the review link
Here you go. The aspect ration doesn't matter when calculating diagonal FOV.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
suckmysound
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by suckmysound »

AngelJ wrote:
suckmysound wrote:can someone post the FOV calculation - 100inch@4m how much FOV ? dammi forgot how to calculate that [screen aspect is 4:3] i am sure from the review link
Here you go. The aspect ration doesn't matter when calculating diagonal FOV.
fantastic work AngelJ - you are my savior.
i just needed the confirmation that fov is indeed 35 and u did that - thank u

the lack of great 35fov+ Headsets with HDMI is driving me nuts none exists in native SVGA except z800 & headplay

the fault is with Sony HMZ and st1080 - both failed to deliver so far

Sony HMZ - the design is a scarecrow for me [oops i am a crow , no :lol: ] the big semi helmet and the huge control box.
video Q is not the only criteria in my rating system - it also includes optics , 2d/3d inputs , portability,comfort factor so HMZ misses out on comfort/optics/portability - a straight no-no even if someone gives me to own for free. ;)

St1080 - too many QC issues and the lame excuses so far! i wonder how many excuses they have up their sleeves to justify their shoddy QC. both st1080/hmz in usd$800 league and failures respectively.

fatsharks : but then that too much of trouble with battery packs to be used[u cannot use fatshark with ac/dc adaptors directly]
so the news of new fatshakrk with 800x600 , fov46 disheartened me becox of battery / charger thing. damm!]

Vuzix is crap - my vr920 crapped out , being out of warranty the company said that they'd service it for usd50/hour if i send them their crap. and vuzix makes very cheap stuff commitment of usd$500-600 for their crap is simply ridiculous and laughable at best.

mybud : not a killer HMD par se but it fills the void left by hmz/st1080 if gaming is not the focus.

so now i can order this [mybud] with confidence.
exit ppl [looks large] and perceived virtual screen 100m@4m seems that screen is NOT on yr face very close so that also looks good optics-wise but then it'**** and trial again!

thank u once again - AngelJ
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Why would you assume it has a good exit pupil?
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

PalmerTech wrote:Why would you assume it has a good exit pupil?
The pictures in the following look positive:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... ljEPBvfb6g
It's a shame there really isn't a way to get a good FOV with the microdisplays though.
suckmysound
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by suckmysound »

android78 wrote:
PalmerTech wrote:Why would you assume it has a good exit pupil?
The pictures in the following look positive:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... ljEPBvfb6g
It's a shame there really isn't a way to get a good FOV with the microdisplays though.

same feeling here : even a decent 800x600 SVGA set with great optics/FOV is hard to come by - if looking for optics SVGA + good v FOV - z800 is the only one and unfortunately it trades for more than usd$1200+ on ebay - so pricey !
my friend has it and he plays lot of simulations stuff on it.
i had the chance to look at it once and i was floored but i cannot afford usd$1200 to shell out for a 2D SVGA low resolution monitor with 800x600 VGA input - kinda old nowadays as HDMI rules.

And i'd certainly 'd not buy vuzix stuff whether they bring HD or whatever.

even those with vuzix 1200 are not happy with comfort factor of it.
also accupix looks like a good Korean company to bank on - better than SMD , too bad they do not have svga/full HD set yet!

So 100inch@4m looks like screen are not too close and the review link posted shows that exit ppl may be good but then it's always hit and trial.

as per the review - even st1080 is not a substitute for a regular LED/LCD 3D Tv - now this sucks!
aqua3ds
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by aqua3ds »

Any review for myBud?
ichigo52262
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ichigo52262 »

Whats the 2d to 3d conversion like?

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”