IZ3D Driver and Zalman LCD

apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

IZ3D Driver and Zalman LCD

Post by apogrif »

hello,
just want to know something.

Is that possible to get Zalman LCD work with the last IZ3D driver under Win XP SP2 ?
in fact there two cables behing the zalman beast and when you connect the both behind your GC you get two screen in the nvidia panel.
maybe someone already try this configuration ?

Apogrif
warface
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by warface »

Hi Apogrif,

At this time, the iZ3D Drivers only work with the iZ3D Monitor. This is much like the NVidia drivers only working with Zalman; however.....

We currently have plans to start development that will support multiple solutions, such as interlaced, but we do not yet have a timeline for this.

This driver will not be free; however, you will get good support from the iZ3D team when it comes to supporting multiple platforms (i.e. OS, Video Cards, Games, OpenGL, etc.)

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Warface
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

Hi Warface,
thank you for this great reply ;)
i m waiting for some kind of S3D unified driver, and after spendind a lot of time reading about this i think that iZ3D is a step ahead every other firm.
so was expecting the fact that we have to pay in order to be able to use it,in fact this is normal to promote your hardware solution, but please don't think that the community is not instrested .
we are all looking for a good/simple/working driver (we can see that it really to get s3dtv, glasses, even zalman solution work), don't leave us on the road.
if i have to pay to be able to use your driver why not ? it seems normal(but please don't kill us with the price accessing to s3d is really expensive)
Apogrif
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

I think it's perfectly legit for iz3d to charge for their drivers meant for solutions other than their monitors. We all know how much nvidia cares about stereodrivers, and if you already played a lot of cash for shutterglasses+Crt/Dlp/polarized projectors/zalman/HMD/etc then a reasonable price like 30$ (like for a game) for each new driver version increment (for example you have to pay for 1.7->1.8 , but not for 1.7.34->1.7.35) would be revolutionary. That would create many satisfied people, both in the stereoscopic consumer community and the newly rich(er) iz3d dev team.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yes, I am very much interested in using the IZ3D driver with other stereo solutions like the Zalman Trimon 3d monitor. I would pay up to $50 (maybe $100) for such a driver, although that might be a bit much for some people. I also own a VR920 and would appreciate if it supported more drivers. Although the Vuzix stereo driver is comparable in quality to IZ3D it doesn't support as many games at the moment. It also doesn't have the ease of use in terms of adjusting settings in-game.

I did have one idea though to get the IZ3D driver to work on a Zalman, but this is all just speculation. Assuming the Zalman accepts a clean interlaced video signal (and no other special data) you should be able to build or buy a video multiplexer that would accept two DVI cables and interlace the left and right signals into one video stream (output to the Zalman). This can be done using the IZ3D driver in projector/HMD mode. Obviously theres no way to know without testing the hardware, but in theory it should be possible.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”