anaglyph video test

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

anaglyph video test

Post by yuriythebest »

did some experimenting with anaglyph capture

currently I'm using my old webcams that offer a low frame rate. But would you watch something using this technology if the frame rate was normal, the 3d a lil better and the content good, with 3d graphics intermissions, etc?

short clip:

www.yuriythebest.g0dsoft.com/valcn04.avi
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I'd prefear full color - with either side by side or over-under settings.
Stereoscopic player can do the rest, and it shouldn't be a big problem for you to upload either both versions or maybe the anaglyph version at youtube and the crosseyed version here at MTBS...

and if you want people to watch it more often remeber:
content is KING :)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yeah that's exactly what I want to provide also. however I atm have troubles recording with stereoscopic player (it has a webcam record feature), so this was recorded using heavy mathcam that outputs only in anaglyph. Hopefully I'll find a solution.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

The creator of steroephotomaker has also a stereomoviemaker - I think.

It is not very good, but easy to use for beginners. It might be a little slow however, but maybe it helps :roll:
ayqz1u0s

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yeah I downloaded that also but surprisingly it has no capture feature and is designed to convert/edit already captured stuff. I've sent an email to the creator of these programs and hopefully I will get a reply some day..
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

thats bad to hear...
next idea: can you capture the two streams, connect them with stereomoviemaker and then play them with stereoscopic player?
Likay might be able to help, because he tried similar stuff with recorders...
ayqz1u0s

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

LukePC1 wrote:thats bad to hear...
next idea: can you capture the two streams, connect them with stereomoviemaker and then play them with stereoscopic player?
Likay might be able to help, because he tried similar stuff with recorders...
while that is possible, I will have to sync up the two streams every time and there is no guarantee it will even sync correctly.

EDIT: it lives, it lives!!!! turns out the trick to making the videos play was to close stereomovie player completely after recording. Here is a test:

SIDE-BY-SIDE :)

www.yuriythebest.g0dsoft.com/Firefox1.avi

Imagine this but not so motion-blurred, better colors and an image twice as big :)

also if the video appears flat/wrong be sure to flip the channels.
stee1hed
Cross Eyed!

Post by stee1hed »

media player is having an issue playing this avi. What is it encoded with? Anyone else able to play?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I just tried that avi on winamp and just did a cross-eye viewing. Kinda of interesting, I thought my head was going to explode with the bag of chips in 3d. Good thing about the side-by-side is you can still watch it in 2d, its like an Andy Warhol video or something. It could be cool, but I hope you are going to have more than potato chips on your show! ;) Man, now you got me all hungry!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

stee1hed wrote:media player is having an issue playing this avi. What is it encoded with? Anyone else able to play?
enoded with good ole DivX.
I just tried that avi on winamp and just did a cross-eye viewing. Kinda of interesting, I thought my head was going to explode with the bag of chips in 3d. Good thing about the side-by-side is you can still watch it in 2d, its like an Andy Warhol video or something. It could be cool, but I hope you are going to have more than potato chips on your show! Wink Man, now you got me all hungry!
the channels should be flipped- open it in stereomovi player, flip em and watch em crosseyed.

EDIT: btw those chips were amazing
Mercy Yamada
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mercy Yamada »

I recommend HYTEK General Stereo 3D Camera Driver.
http://www.hytekautomation.com/Products ... river.html
It's pretty good.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Mercy Yamada wrote:I recommend HYTEK General Stereo 3D Camera Driver.
http://www.hytekautomation.com/Products ... river.html
It's pretty good.
that's all well and good but I do not run a commercial web-broadcast and therefore am not going to pay 30$ for software.
I also assume that you are part of the dev/marketing team that created this product. The only thing I can ask is that if you give me a free license then I'll be able to recommend/advertise it on my youtube show "Gamerus Cleverus". also I tried using it but it didn't make a side-by-side image but a picture in picture that cannot be used to stereo,

ok now that that's settled with- am I correct in assuming that stereomovie maker has no way to record audio? what's up with that?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Mercy!

Welcome to the community. I don't own two webcams, but this looks pretty cool - very innovative!

If you work for the company, you should PM me to say hello.

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

managed to get stereo3d plus audio working by using stereomovie player for recording the video, adobe audition for the audio and sony vegas for stitching them together. actually simpler than it sounds.

here is the proof of concept video. my voice sounds really lame in this one for some reason. Also be sure to flip the channels cause I can't get stereomovie player to record them in the proper order- gives an error message. Once I have better webcams this should go away.

www.yuriythebest.g0dsoft.com/12333335.avi
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Thanks for producing S3D videos :)

suggestions for improvements:
- Maybe it would help to test settings and maybe modify it, if it makes problems. There should be an option like paralaxe. It is basically the convergence point. You might agree, that it's not good to have important parts not 'on screen'

- Is it possible, that there is something wrong with placement of the cameras? It's either a slight rotation of one of the pictures, or a 'zoom', so one picture is bigger than the other other. This little flaws make it hard for the consumer. It's the same with photograps. It's realy hard to find the right distance between 2 pictures and to make them 'straight'

- Light might be an issue. If the room is not lighted properly, the cameras might have a slower respond-time and a different brightness...

Maybe it's small flaws like those mentioned, that cause headaches for a lot of people? And if you want to push S-3D, it might be of importance.
I'm a little impressed, what you did in thos past ... weeks and if you have the energy, it could become something realy great :wink:
ayqz1u0s

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

LukePC1 wrote:Thanks for producing S3D videos :)

- Maybe it would help to test settings and maybe modify it, if it makes problems. There should be an option like paralaxe. It is basically the convergence point. You might agree, that it's not good to have important parts not 'on screen'

unfortunately this is not a driver. I have to manually move the cameras :)

- Is it possible, that there is something wrong with placement of the cameras? It's either a slight rotation of one of the pictures, or a 'zoom', so one picture is bigger than the other other. This little flaws make it hard for the consumer. It's the same with photograps. It's realy hard to find the right distance between 2 pictures and to make them 'straight'
this is the best I could ling them up. they are different models with different lenses.

as I said, these are old webcams. I plan on getting two that can record at 1280 x 960 @ 30fps. This is merly a test to see if I can get the software part of it to work. And in that I succeeded flawlessly.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

yuriythebest1 wrote:
LukePC1 wrote:Thanks for producing S3D videos :)

unfortunately this is not a driver. I have to manually move the cameras :)
I know, but at least for normal pictures there is an option where to 'place' the images (or streams).
For example: you could place the Head at 'screendepth' with the program, no matter how you recorded. Then the arms+ objects would 'popout' and the room would strech into the background...

Just see it as some Ideas to your next steps :)

maybe it would help to mount the cams on a board, so you have it always 'straight'. Problem that appears then is, that it's harder to change distances... but I'm certain, you*ll manage :D
ayqz1u0s

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”