Am I on the right track?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
AussieMike
Two Eyed Hopeful

Am I on the right track?

Post by AussieMike »

Hi all,

I'm about to get into the exciting world of 3d gaming, and am looking around for a rig.
I'm planning on buying the following:

Alienware V261133AU X51 Desktop (Windows 8) from here - http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/computer ... s-8/676030
An Asus VG278QHE monitor
A nvidia 3d vision 2 kit

Am I on the right track? I'd like to buy this PC even if there are better options for that price, since I can get it interest free, but if that's still not a good PC for 3d gaming please let me know.
Thanks for your help guys and gals

Cheers,
Mike
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Am I on the right track?

Post by cybereality »

You should be good with that computer.

I was having trouble finding that ASUS model number. I see the VG278H and the VG278HE, both of which support 3D Vision 2. I assume maybe you live outside the US so it has a different model number. I also checked on the Nvidia website here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html , and it shows the 2 model numbers I listed but not the one you mentioned. So you may want to double check that to make sure you are OK. Even similar model displays will not work unless they are specifically enabled by Nvidia, so watch out.

Otherwise I think you will be very happy with that setup.
AussieMike
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by AussieMike »

Thanks for your reply cybereality. I'll check with the store to confirm if that monitor will be compatible.

Another cheaper option i'm thinking about is getting a LG D2342P-PN (passive) monitor instead. Would this be an ok way to go? Or am I better of spending the extra money on 3d vision 2 monitor?

Cheers,
Michael
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

If you can afford it, the 3D Vision is going to be the better choice.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”