Doom 3 BFG

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Doom 3 BFG

Post by Dom »

Hi, I got doom3 and was wondering how to get it to work with tridef DDD in anaglyph red/blue. I know its been said that doom3 needs to be run at 120hz from windows display manager so will red/blue glasses still work at all?

I did manage to get my laptop working with my projector though: I made a video showing how doom 3 works on an amd apu 7420g. Its pretty good actually!

Video was deleted, Film was old and odd.
Last edited by Dom on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Doom 3 BFG

Post by cybereality »

Doom is OpenGL, and the DDD driver is only for Direct X. So unless there is a native anaglyph mode you are probably out of luck.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Doom 3 BFG

Post by Dom »

I see, so I guess I don't really need Tridef since doom3 will output opengl quad buffered directly to my projector and then sync to my dlp link glasses. I had thought I needed to run a 3rd party app like DDD to get stereo3d even if it was "standard display types" direct3d 120hz". Maybe that's why tridef don't have a profile for this game, but I would of thought they would enable their ignition software to even take the doom3 3 side by side frames into DDD and then overlay that into which ever output display you wanted in DDD's software. I feel like such a dope :lol:
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Best Game Settings (DDD)”