Mitsubishi HC7800D and watching/playing over PC HDMI

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
somatzu
One Eyed Hopeful

Mitsubishi HC7800D and watching/playing over PC HDMI

Post by somatzu »

Hi, everyone,

I've just ordered an HC7800D. I will be hooking it up to my PC which is equipped with an AMD 6870. I know that card supports AMD HD3D. But, as I understand, AMD HD3D supports frame sequential, which requires a projector or TV to have a refresh rate of 120hz. I can't figure out what the refresh rate of the HC7800D is, and I don't know if it will be compatible with the frame sequential signal sent to it. HC7800 supports everything else: side by side, frame packing, and top down - but I don't see anything about frame sequential. Also, I wonder if this will prevent me from watching 3D movies from PC without a blu-ray player.

Any insights?

Thanks
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Mitsubishi HC7800D and watching/playing over PC HDMI

Post by cybereality »

It looks like this projector uses HDMI 1.4a, so the 3D format is called frame-packing. AMD HD3D mostly refers to 3D over HDMI (ie frame-packing). You should have no problems with that video card.

If you want to play games you should use the DDD TriDef driver, and for video (Blu-Ray) you have a few options like PowerDVD, etc.
somatzu
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Mitsubishi HC7800D and watching/playing over PC HDMI

Post by somatzu »

cybereality wrote:It looks like this projector uses HDMI 1.4a, so the 3D format is called frame-packing. AMD HD3D mostly refers to 3D over HDMI (ie frame-packing). You should have no problems with that video card.

If you want to play games you should use the DDD TriDef driver, and for video (Blu-Ray) you have a few options like PowerDVD, etc.
Hey, I really appreciate your feedback!

This projector is supposed to have very little lag time, so I thought it would be a good candidate for a full 1080p 3D gaming projector.

The projector will be coming in a few days and I intend to post a review of it here for anyone who's interested.

Return to “3D Projectors”