Recieved wrong glasses with LG D2342P?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Recieved wrong glasses with LG D2342P?

Post by gr0bd4 »

hseokman wrote:I just bought this monitor, and I did get the wrong glasses.
I chatted with LG support, and I told them I got a wrong glasses with the monitor.
He asked me to send the receipt. After checking the receipt he offered me replacement of the glasses.
I gave all my information. Hopey I will get the right glasses.
Maybe they now know or acknowledge wrong glasses are packed with this monitor.
LG is simply unbelievable unfortunately not in a positive way. After reading the above post, I decided to ask LG for glasses again, and this time without hesitation, they told me they will send me the "correct" ones, well almost 2 weeks later I got it. Opened it, box looks exactly the same, same part number, but bit larger, looked inside white frames and 3D cinema instead of 3D Monitor! YOU LG DOUCHEBAGS!
hseokman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hseokman »

I received the glasses today, and they sent me THREE wrong glasses.
I will have to ask it again. Now I don't know what to do with these glasses.
hseokman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hseokman »

I received glasses again, and they send me two this time.
They are again the same wrong glasses.
I chatted again and he said he could send me the correct one or I would need to send in the monitor.
I can't believe how they do not know about the issue and still no corrective action.
Let's see if they can send me the right glasses for third time.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Wow! What a headache!
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

This is making me seriously reconsider buying LG products. For every person who makes it here to the forum to complain about ghosting, there are scores more who just decide that 3D is garbage and move on.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That's a good point, PalmerTech. I didn't even think of all those people that might not even realize the glasses are wrong.
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

Guig2000 wrote:Problem listed on 3dmovielist: http://www.3dmovielist.com/3dglasses.html#lg-200f
perhaps instead of relying on LG to provide the correct glasses, people could try to get Zalman glasses as replacements?
hseokman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hseokman »

I do have Zalman glasses and using it, so there will be no way I'm sending the monitor for fix.
I'm asking replacement to LG to see if they now know about the problem or to let them know the glasses is wrong.
It seems so many people getting wrong glasses that I think LG just might packed wrong glasses to this product.
I saw reviews from Korean website that those had the right glasses. I don't know only products sold in Korea had the right glasses.
I do think that people might not know how it supposed to look and they may not know if they got the wrong glasses and they may think 3D on passive screen bad.
It seems LG is doing so much marketing on their TV product, but not much on Monitors.
I really want to escalate this problem higher so that they can fix this issue, but I don't know whom to contact.
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

bgnome wrote:
Guig2000 wrote:Problem listed on 3dmovielist: http://www.3dmovielist.com/3dglasses.html#lg-200f
perhaps instead of relying on LG to provide the correct glasses, people could try to get Zalman glasses as replacements?
And why should I blow additional $30.00 (that's the price I'm seeing on ebay including S&H) on something I have already paid for!? It's like buying a BMW with bald tires and then buying new tires somewhere else. Makes no sense to me.
I'm not even using my monitor for 3D content anymore due to ghosting. However when I finally decide to buy Zalman glasess, and verify that indeed they fixed the issue, I assure you, next day I'm going to be walking in to an attorney's office seeking class action lawsuit, and something tells me, those lawyers will love it! They will get few thousands easy going $$ and everyone that's on LG's complaint list will receive the proper glasses. Who will lose money? LG, because they're retards, too stupid to recognize, the longer they drag on this sharade, the more it will cost them. I wonder if somebody will get fired in one of their departments for mishandling this issue.
hseokman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hseokman »

I finally got the right glasses.
When I asked the glasses for the third time, they did not even send the glasses.
Then, I contacted LG Korean support, and they send me the right glasses.
What was different from LG USA support is that they knew what I was talking about.
USA support said they could send the replacement or I needed to send the monitor back.
I explained what was wrong, but they did not listen and just said they can give me the replacement.
LG Korea support asked me what was printed on the glasses, and I told him it said LG Cinema. He said it is not the right glasses. He said I didn't buy it from Korea and I'm not in Korea, he cannot send me the replacement but instead he would contact LG USA customer relation and I will have to wait. After two and a half a week the glasses came from Korea. I really wish this problem can be resolved. D2342P is a good monitor.
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

hseokman wrote:I finally got the right glasses.
When I asked the glasses for the third time, they did not even send the glasses.
What was different from LG USA support is that they knew what I was talking about.
USA support said they could send the replacement or I needed to send the monitor back.
I explained what was wrong, but they did not listen and just said they can give me the replacement.
LG Korea support asked me what was printed on the glasses, and I told him it said LG Cinema. He said it is not the right glasses. He said I didn't buy it from Korea and I'm not in Korea, he cannot send me the replacement but instead he would contact LG USA customer relation and I will have to wait. After two and a half a week the glasses came from Korea. I really wish this problem can be resolved. D2342P is a good monitor.

That's fantastic news!
I cannot believe I want to congratulate you on something that should've been done right from the very beginning.
Please post the exact process! Did you email, call, chat, what web site, who, etc. I really would like to follow it so I finally get the proper glasses.

What's the quality like? Did it cure all the problems is it really that much better, or it's just better?
thx
hseokman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hseokman »

gr0bd4 wrote:
That's fantastic news!
I cannot believe I want to congratulate you on something that should've been done right from the very beginning.
Please post the exact process! Did you email, call, chat, what web site, who, etc. I really would like to follow it so I finally get the proper glasses.

What's the quality like? Did it cure all the problems is it really that much better, or it's just better?
thx
Since I can speak Korean, I chatted going through Korean LG web site. He asked if he can call me, I gave my phone number. We talked on the phone about the problem. I gave all of the information about myself, computer, and the monitor, then I got the glasses.

Purple ghosting is gone. I think I'm seeing less ghosting with this glasses than Zalman glasses. Testing single black line with white background, I see no black line with both glasses. Testing single white line with black background I see darker gray line with LG glasses.
mAchiNE
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mAchiNE »

I recently bought 3 of these monitors and I thought I's also share my experience here, firstly all of the monitors came with the wrong glasses :shock: at first I did not even realize the glasses were the wrong ones, as I am using EID override with the Nvidia 3D driver I thought the purple ghosting was the color bug that the LG Passive 3D TV's get when using the Nvidia driver, luckily I found this thread and realized that the glasses were the wrong ones, based on the feedback here I thought that going through online support or phone support was a waste of time so I went to my local LG head office and took in the glasses and the proof of purchase and luckily there was someone there who knew exactly what I was talking about! :D within 5 mins I walked out with the correct glasses and as expected the image is now MUCH MUCH better, far less ghosting and the purple ghosting is gone!

If you are having trouble getting the correct glasses I suggest physically going to your nearest LG support center or head office if its not to far, might just save you a headache and get you your correct glasses much faster (FYI I am in New Zealand)

P.S.
You can use 3 of these monitors with EID override in 3D Vision Surround! its awesome and cost me less than one 120Hz 3D Vision monitor
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

hseokman wrote:I finally got the right glasses.
Whaou it's a kind of epic win!
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

@hseokman

Have you got anything in paper form, that I could show to LG USA? Or perhaps you could influence LG Korea to talk to LG USA so they would take care of the issue, because this is just ridculous.

Maybe point them to all the forums that mention the F-up?

Thx again for your time, maybe finally I could go back to playing in 3D?
hseokman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hseokman »

I do not have anything in paper form. When I contacted LG Korea, they told me they could not send the glasses because I'm US. They told me that they would send mail to LG USA and try to resolve the issue. I don't know what happened after that because LG Korea sent me the glasses.
gr0bd4 wrote:@hseokman

Have you got anything in paper form, that I could show to LG USA? Or perhaps you could influence LG Korea to talk to LG USA so they would take care of the issue, because this is just ridculous.

Maybe point them to all the forums that mention the F-up?

Thx again for your time, maybe finally I could go back to playing in 3D?
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

After hseokman success getting his correct glasses I decided to contact LG USA again, this time on their 1 800 phone number instead of chat. After getting to their monitor division, person I spoke with seemed well aware of the problem and the issue of incorrect glasses having same part number as correct ones. I'm supposed to receive correct ones this time, I will let you all know when I get them if they're the correct ones and if they cured all the issues.
hardcorelegend
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hardcorelegend »

can anyone who got the correct glasses please post its part number please ?
i got 3 pairs of wrong glasses. :(

this is the one i got. its the wrong ones .

http://i45.tinypic.com/21kibe8.jpg

please post the part number as seen on the box of the correct glasses. ( part number isnt "FPG200F"etc, (Its "EBX61588310 for the glass shown on pic) So that i can just give the part number to LG and get it over with.

pls help.
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

hardcorelegend wrote:can anyone who got the correct glasses please post its part number please ?
please post the part number as seen on the box of the correct glasses. ( part number isnt "FPG200F"etc, (Its "EBX61588310 for the glass shown on pic) So that i can just give the part number to LG and get it over with.

pls help.
C'mon dude just one post above yours I mention that:
gr0bd4 wrote: ...issue of incorrect glasses having same part number as correct ones...
If you've read up a little about the subject, you would know by now, that's exactly the issue at hand. Same part number for 2 different sets of glasses. So at the moment no one can give you correct part#, because it does not exsist.

If you can wait a little LG supposedly is mailing me the correct glasses. I will report back, once I get them.
hardcorelegend
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hardcorelegend »

so even the 11 digit part number is the same for both correct and incorrect glasses? :o\
i was under the impression that only the model number-FPG200F was common, but they had diff part numbers..

thanks for that info man :)
hseokman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hseokman »

My glasses has Model number as FPG-200F and Part number as EBX61528101
hardcorelegend wrote:so even the 11 digit part number is the same for both correct and incorrect glasses? :o\
i was under the impression that only the model number-FPG200F was common, but they had diff part numbers..

hardcorelegend
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hardcorelegend »

well bro. thanks a ton for the part number. i have FPG 200F model too but with a different part number.

Just to confirm, u do have the correct glasses right? Im giving tyhe jackasses at LG this part number . hope i get the right glasses. will update here.
hseokman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hseokman »

Yes this part number is for the correct glasses.
Good luck getting the correct glasses.
hardcorelegend wrote:well bro. thanks a ton for the part number. i have FPG 200F model too but with a different part number.

Just to confirm, u do have the correct glasses right? Im giving tyhe jackasses at LG this part number . hope i get the right glasses. will update here.
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

hardcorelegend wrote:so even the 11 digit part number is the same for both correct and incorrect glasses? :o\

I have to apologize to you because I somehow managed to convince myself that even the part number is same on both 3D monitor and 3D Cinema glasses.

I think what happend was, one time I thought that part number indeed was different and when I sat down and was chatting with LG customer service in a rush not to get disconnected I must've looked at wrong glasses. I even remeber thinking that I was gonna prove to the customer service guy he is wrong and then there it was I was looking at same numbers (or so I thought). Ever since I convinced myself that the part number was same after all, untill hseokman verified it's not and I looked up the picture again of the correct glasses and indeed it was different all along. Perhaps that time with customer service I pulled wrong picture and everything got mixed up in my head? I must be dyslexic or something!

Anyway besides the above I have displeasure to report that I received new glasses from LG. I say displeasure because the glasses still don't work!!!
This time glasses are:

AG-F200/BUNDLE, part#:EBX61508303KDN2210BK5 Made in Korea

They still say LG Cinema 3D on the side of the temple/arms (whatever you wanna call it)
Also box had 2 pairs of glasses, 1 set in white color the other in orange. No clip ons provided. What a bummer!

I think what might have happend the wrong glasses have been given new model number and the correct ones might have stayed with old FPG200F? (just speculating I don't know)

If you decide to call LG make sure to ask specificaly for the part number that hseokman provided or you will end up with a disappointment like I am.

Good luck

and let me know if you get the correct ones and what model number so I can attack them... AGAIN!!!!
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

I'm happy to inform that my ordeal with LG came to a "happy" end finally almost year after I've purchased the monitor I've got proper glasses from them. This time it says 3D MONITOR on the temples and it works! I was only able to test it in movies and not in games because my Galaxy GTX470 decided to crap out on me 2 days ago. What a bummer!
When I paused Final destination 5 when glass shatters in the beginning credits I can CLEARLY see the difference.
Unbelievable how could they [LG] make such a blunder by bundling wrong glasses!
Anyway I'm all happy now!
deggial
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by deggial »

I bought a LG D2542P (25" passive) few days ago and it came with (ofc) wrong glasses. I called customer support, they seemed very "interested" in my "unique" issue and they said we'll keep in touch for receiving the right glasses...

As a cheap temporary fix, I bought a "family pack" of LG goggles (4pcs, still wrong angle, but cheap), and I made some "scissors engineering", rotating the lenses to the right position and putting them back in the frame. They are working flawlessly tbh. The right rotation angle isn't tight, therefore high precision isn't really needed.

The display itself kicks ass though.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”