gamerus cleverus- new youtube show about steroscopic gaming

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

gamerus cleverus- new youtube show about steroscopic gaming

Post by yuriythebest »

I am proud to announce my new youTube show about stereoscopic gaming and stereoscopy in general, Gamerus Cleverus. In this first, introductory episode, I talk about what stereoscopic gaming is and what hardware you need to achieve it. The link is below. Warning: 18+ contains excessive foul language

episode 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLFPRXXJH-0

to Freke1: in this video I sorta made fun of anaglyph but in the next one I'll explore it more deeply and redeem it, also mention your site in the video
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Interresting take on S3d!
I would like to make some 'suggestions'. Firstly, I like the information you have in there, and the overlays are good. I found some of it difficult to understand though, which may be a language issue, and it may have been easier if explained in a clear and little less excited voice without swearing. If you intend this to be informational, it's ok to get excited, but try to avoid going over the top as it confuses the message you are trying to get across. Also, it would be good not to limit the audience if we want the message to get to as many people as we can!
Also, I would avoid getting agro over Nvidia since, while the situation with them may be frustrating, I don't believe this is the kind of message that as a community we want to encourage. You have the facts in there (Nvidia don't truely support S3D in cards > 7XXX series yet), and you could maybe suggest that people write to NVidia requesting S3D support (let's form an S3D army to take them over).
Thanks for posting it. I'd like to see how you go with part 2.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Very Nice Video.

Very funny too!

Hope you make more. Yes the iZ3D Guys were watching ;)
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi yuri! :D well nothing to say.. :D i gave you 5 stars..

i really like the idea. i think that beeing "mad and funny" spreads teh clip much more than being normal.. so i think it is ok.. :)

the problem i think (not the language, because even if there are errors and i make more then you) was the bad audio.. it was reall yidfficult to understand what you said..

maybe you could use a old microphone with a very thick cable to enhance the funny part a bit.. :D

cu

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

android78 wrote:Interresting take on S3d!
I would like to make some 'suggestions'. Firstly, I like the information you have in there, and the overlays are good. I found some of it difficult to understand though, which may be a language issue, and it may have been easier if explained in a clear and little less excited voice without swearing. If you intend this to be informational, it's ok to get excited, but try to avoid going over the top as it confuses the message you are trying to get across. Also, it would be good not to limit the audience if we want the message to get to as many people as we can!
Also, I would avoid getting agro over Nvidia since, while the situation with them may be frustrating, I don't believe this is the kind of message that as a community we want to encourage. You have the facts in there (Nvidia don't truely support S3D in cards > 7XXX series yet), and you could maybe suggest that people write to NVidia requesting S3D support (let's form an S3D army to take them over).
Thanks for posting it. I'd like to see how you go with part 2.
Have to disagree there, a public name and shame campaign against nvida including abuse and lots of anger is required.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

From my experience with business, abuse gets peoples backs up (so nothing gets done) whereas well formed and supported proposal causes change.
It is also important to note that NVidia have also Supported S3D in the past when I'm sure the cost of supporting this was not recouped by the increased number of people purchasing their cards. And as far as I'm aware, they are the only graphics card manufacutrer that has done this continuously for an extended period. They didn't have to do this, and we should recognize this and show some appreciation for this.
Name and shame is all well and good, but I don't think abuse will really help, other then make some of us who are frustrated feel like we have had our say. Lots of anger of other people is what we want. Obviously though, you need to firstly convince them there is something to get angry about and I think that the kind of anger in this video makes people laugh, not get angry them selves.
I'm probably going to be in the minority with this, but I feel a positive attitude generates a positive result, whereas a negative attitude gets a negative one.

Please don't get me wrong about the mad and funny side of it, I like that and the qwerkiness should help in the video getting exposure, but I just found it hard to understand some of the speech. Sharky could be right, with a better mic it could be better.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

I was able to understand every word when I got home on my headset, but with the speakers on my laptop in the office, forget it.
Zeblade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zeblade »

Well I wasnt able to understand most of it. He needs to use a mike. And pissing off NV fans wont help at all.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”