IRC channel?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
uJelleh
One Eyed Hopeful

IRC channel?

Post by uJelleh »

Is there a virtual reality IRC chat room? If not, I think we should get one going.
Edit: made a channel, #VirtualReality, using irc.quakenet.org
Last edited by uJelleh on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: IRC channel?

Post by cybereality »

Could be interesting, but the problem is a lot of information would be lost. At least here on the forum all the information will be here for a long time (forever?) for people to read.
Krenzo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Krenzo »

Didn't the forums on here use to have a pseudo chat/real-time discussion widget at the top of the page?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Krenzo wrote:Didn't the forums on here use to have a pseudo chat/real-time discussion widget at the top of the page?
Yeah, it did. But no one ever used it.
uJelleh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by uJelleh »

Hmm, yeah that's true. It's just that IRC can be cool, because you're talking to other VR enthusiasts in in real time! But yeah I guess forum is probably most appropriate, more organized, etc.
RoadKillGrill
Cross Eyed!

Post by RoadKillGrill »

If there was an IRC channel I would idle it at least :p
zalo
Certif-Eyed!

Post by zalo »

I'd idle it too. Besides, if there's any gold, we can always use pastebin to save it, and then dump it into a forum thread (maybe even one dedicated to the purpose?).
uJelleh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by uJelleh »

Wow I didn't realize how incredibly easy it is to make an IRC channel. You just type /join channelname and it automatically makes it if it doesn't exist. I just did #VirtualReality, using irc.quakenet.org. But I know this forum Is AR/VR, so if someone wants to make one using a different name, feel free. Personally full immersion VR is way more exciting to me :) (then again, isn't augmented reality a kind of virtual reality? It's like a partial virtual reality, so maybe the channel name is fine.)

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”