Does AMD HD3D supoprt 120htz proejector over VGA

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Does AMD HD3D supoprt 120htz proejector over VGA

Post by narhicfd »

Hello, been trying to find out best answer for weeks. Does AMD HD3D support 3D over 120htz projector via vga connection. I have a viewsonic pjd6211 projector and according to the AMD 3D hardare displayed supported my projector is on the list. I've read many places that say AMD HD3D is only supported over HDMI connection. If that's the case then why is my projector on the compatiblity list when mine uses VGA 120, page flipping, for 3D???
I'm wondering if Nvidia is the only option i have for good 3D game play and 3d blue ray. I currently have a AMD 5400's series card but I want to upgrade. should I just buy a nvidia card and head toward the 3D vision rout instead of a radeon 6670. if is the only way for me then no use in buying a 6670 if i can't take advantage of AMD HD3D. Currently i am using iz3d but can't get AQBS(amd quad buffering support) and many of my games are glitchy or just don't work. Hope i can get a good answer on this.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Does AMD HD3D supoprt 120htz proejector over VGA

Post by cybereality »

AMD HD3D primarily refers to HDMI 1.4a support. I have heard of people getting older projectors working with AMD (for example the Acer H5360) but I don't know if that is reliable. If you did get it working it probably wouldn't be with AMD HD3D output, though. Maybe 120Hz projector mode (on iz3D) or generic page-flipping with DDD may work. Not really sure.

With that projector I would probably buy an Nvidia card if I were you. At least you know it would be supported.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Thanks for your quick replay on this. I'm tired of messing around trying to get something working that just isn't goint to.
Another question i have is what is DDD?? Is that tridef??. I thought trideff doesn't support 120 htz projector page flipping. I thought all it supported was 1.4 hdmi.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

From what I've read AMD HD3D does not only support HDMI 1.4 but also page-flipping for some displays. Unfortunately it seems they have the same limitation as NVIDIA, enabling the feature only on a limited list of displays with some EDID reading.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

See this is what confuses me. according to this link from AMD

http://www.amd.com/us/Documents/3D-disp ... atible.pdf

My projector is on the supported list even though it's vga only. It's the viewsonic pjd6211 on the bottome of the list and my projector is Frame sequential or page flipping. Just makes me wonder since it's on the list compatible list of displays.
Another question i have, is the support only for windows 7?? Maybe my projector is supported but only for windows 7 and not windows xp which is what i have...
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

WOW!!! so i've downloaded the windows 8 free preview that allowed me to install windows 8 and use it for free untill jan 2013 and I ran IZ3d and now where it once said aqbs: unsupported it nows says supported!! so apparantly amd quad buffer support does work over vga and AMD was correct about it being on the compatibility list. I guess it only works for window 7 or 8 and not xp. I will be buying window 7 in few months but it's cool to now have all these option like direct x10 and 11 as well as all the other games that will now work!! Couldn't get anything hardly to work in 3D use with windows xp..
So inclusion, AMD HD3D does work over VGA as well as HDMI you just need to have windows 7 or 8 and probably Vista, just not sure about the Vista. Hope this helps people out there. back to 3d....

OH, make sure you have the video card to detect your monitor or the AMD HD3d wont work. I pulled some pins out to hide the EDIT at one point and try a different display driver but no go. IZ3D and AMD catalyst has to recognize your EDIT before it enables it I think.
Last edited by narhicfd on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Ah, Ok. Glad you followed up on this.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

cybereality wrote:Ah, Ok. Glad you followed up on this.

well, its been couple of weeks and im becoming more amazed at what i can do with this projector when it comes to 3D.
As of yet, i haven't been able to get iz3d to work with windows 8. I can load the program and everything but it wont display in 3d. Ill probably just have to wait till i get windows 7 i guess. Since, Iz3d stop support for their product it may never become compatible with windows 8 anyway. Now, i've also come to find out that my monitor, viewsonic pjd6211, also is compatible with games that offer native AMD HD3D options in them like, dirt showdown, dirt 3 and sniper eleet v2. It actually discovered it by acident and it took me off guard. I stared to play dirt showdown, since i couldn't play it on windows XP cuase it need direct x 11, and when i started the game up it started in 3D. I was like WHAT!!!! I grabbed my DLP glasses and put them on and was amazed. How cool is that. Still can't believe it supports native 3D over a vga connection. Thats when i visited the AMD site and learned about native stereo 3D support.
I've tried it with sniper eliet v2 and works great. But, for some reason i can't get it to work with Dirt 3 steam version. When i try to switch it to AMD HD3D mode it crashes. This could be a windows 8 issue though. The one full game i own on the AMD HD3D native support and isn't working, lol. Oh well, I"m just thankfull that it works on Dirt showdown Demo. Aparantly trideff might work now with my projector and i may just by pass the nvidia thing now. Time will tell.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Deus Ex : Human Revolution has AMD HD3D support and the game is great (one of the best I've played it a while). Unfortunately the 3D effect is mild, but the game itself is really cool.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

so, wanted to give an update on my projector and AMD HD3D. Since my projector is on the supported AMD HD3D diplay it gives me great options on 3D stuff. What's cool is that since it's on the AMD list Tridef, TotalMedia Theater 5, Corel WinDVD and even IZ3D recognizes my display as AMD HD3D 1.4 HDMI display and gives great 3D. Pretty cool how it recognizes it as HDMI even though it's VGA 3D. I've decided to go stick with AMD for 3D(Tridef, IZ3d, And Native AMD HD3D, for what few games at moment,). I was thinking about going with Nvidia 3D vision but come to find out I can't use my DLP glasses to play the games, only the movies, provided i have the emitter plunged in. Stinks that you have to have the 3D vision glasses to play the games in stereoscopic 3d. I don't want to use their glasses because they are to dark compared to my Optoma bg150 glasses. I tried to find some glasses that could use as sub for the nvidia glasses but only found one but i still think they arn't as good as the optoma.
Well, amazing that the old school viewsonic pjd6211, which use only VGA 3d is supported.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Great news! Glad that worked out for you.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”