Another question about the Sharp XR10X series before I buy

authoreyes
One Eyed Hopeful

Another question about the Sharp XR10X series before I buy

Post by authoreyes »

Hi all -

First off - just wanted to say amazing community you have here. Like many others I have read about, I used to be a heavy user of the old Elsa Erazor glasses (wired and wireless), but fell out of the scene with the advent of the LCD. However, I always yearned for my s-3d gaming, and stupidly, apparently have missed several years of potential gaming bliss. (I am a bit forgiving of several shortcomings of the s-3d experience) I recently stumbled upon the site and have become obsessed with purchasing a dlp projector to compliment my rig. I have already done the prelim setup of my box and the drivers, now I just need to get the projector. The Sharp X10X seems to be perfect for my alloted budget, but I can only find a few still available, and have become confused by the myriad of minor version changes that seem to each have their own issues.

So, my question is thus. I have found places carrying the Sharp XR10X, but specifically the XR10X-R (not the L) Does anyone know if the Sharp XR10X-R is acceptable and immune to the "ink blot" problems people report with the XR10X-L? I can't seem to find any details. Please provide any help, as I am dying to get back into the scene and join all of you!
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

Whatever you get make sure you can return it, I got 2 xr-10x projectors and never received the actual xr-10x, just variations. That way you can return it if it doesn't act right anyway.
authoreyes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by authoreyes »

Thanks, I will take that into account -

Actually, after I read your trials, I became a bit skeptical....I can't seem to find a strictly xr-10x, which is worrying me....maybe I can convice the wife to let me go for the optima, which seems to be a bit more trustworthy from what i've read...Most of the Sharps I find are refurbished with a rigid return policy
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

authoreyes wrote:Thanks, I will take that into account -

Actually, after I read your trials, I became a bit skeptical....I can't seem to find a strictly xr-10x, which is worrying me....maybe I can convice the wife to let me go for the optima, which seems to be a bit more trustworthy from what i've read...Most of the Sharps I find are refurbished with a rigid return policy

They seem rare now, somebody said it worked fine with xr-10x-l, i think they use differente electronics when refurbushing them. Watch for warranty too b/c they claim 1 year and sharp only does 90 days proj/30 days lamp
authoreyes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by authoreyes »

Thanks for you input Doctor -

I just went ahead and ordered it - I cant wait!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi, I have the Sharp XR10X-L Projecto and do not get the ink Blot Problem. But there are some people having trouble with these projectors. Maybe it has to do mainly with Hardware but I don't know.

All I can say is that I do NOT have a Problem with this Projecto an 3D I even Dl'd GTR2 aqnd rFactor as they are mainly where it shows up. Probally shows up in other games but that is the more Popular race sims right now.

Here is a Link to where there are a few People talking about this Projector:

http://www.stereo3d.com/discus/messages ... 1209291201

I believe there is a thread here somewhere and with pics on this issue.

I have a 45" screen and 3D with a DLP Projector is Very cool. It will take some getting used too.
authoreyes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by authoreyes »

How is your bulb life? I have heard some scary things about lamps dying really frequently in this projector...
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

personally i do not have any projector, but what i know is that the lifetime of a lamp depends on how you use it.. frequent on/off for short times of usage can half the lifetime of the lamp. then it depends also if you run it in eco mode or not. there are many factors on the lamps, for all projectors, which depend mostly on who uses them.

regards

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

authoreyes wrote:How is your bulb life? I have heard some scary things about lamps dying really frequently in this projector...

To give you an idea, I bought 3 of these units refurbished and 2 of the lamps died within an hour. They are crap, and DO NOT buy from GlobalPCT - they are the WORST company in the world to deal with.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”