Optoma 3D-XL not activating SBS MODE?

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Optoma 3D-XL not activating SBS MODE?

Post by eqzitara1 »

I had an optoma 3d-xl with different projector and dont remember any issues. I now own a different projector (optoma hd66. Which is supported). However I just bout a new 3d xl and am pressing the sbs button...nothing. I am using a 120hz signal but its not changing. I could of sworn button would try to force SBS regardless of format. Like even if it wasnt SBS, if I pressed button I thought it would still split the image. I am getting nothing. Any ideas? I think I got a busted unit.
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Re: Optoma 3D-XL not activating SBS MODE?

Post by eqzitara1 »

err.. should of gave more details.

I tried both the Tridef Media player/ Games in SIDE BY SIDE (both modes). I click the button and nothing happens. I have to two split images but nothing is happening when I click the optoma button.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

If it worked straight with another and not with a similar one it could be a defect device. Just be sure (i'm certain you already have...) to check the menues thoroughly first if there is a setting that disables 3d in any way (manufacturers enjoys widely to make labyrints to all useful features nowadays...). I don't know if they release new hardware updates from time to time but that should be worth a check as well. Is it possible to check and compare the hardware revision of both of them btw? Does the connection used matter?
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Hmm.. sounds strange to me. Maybe try customer support or RMA?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

The 3D-XL only accepts 60 Hz (or less) SBS or TnB input signals and then converts them to a frame sequential output of 1280x720@120Hz. It will not convert any 3D formats for a SBS output.

It also will not pass a 120Hz frame sequential input.

If a HDMI 1.4 input signal is received by the 3D-XL it will automatically process the source.

If a SBS signal is input without the HDMI 1.4 flags, then you'll have to manually press the SBS button.

Return to “3D Projectors”