about the new stereo 3d drivers 97.94 Beta on NVIDIA 8800

johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

about the new stereo 3d drivers 97.94 Beta on NVIDIA 8800

Post by johnoliver »

Hi,
Has anyone tried this driver? Does it work and how does it compare to the 7600/7900 series nvidia card?
I am considering upgrade my nvidia card for stereo 3d, Please share your experience, Thanks in advance~

Jackie
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

Look for the official thread in "General Software Technical Support". So far it is not working on 8800 cards. There is a working XP driver for the 7xxx cards if you are leaning that way.
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Hi,
But when I look at the download section for this site, It said the new driver is designed for the new 8800 card, so I was guessing there is now 3d support on it?
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

johnoliver wrote:Hi,
But when I look at the download section for this site, It said the new driver is designed for the new 8800 card, so I was guessing there is now 3d support on it?
So far, no. But there probably will be. The driver is just an unofficial non-working early build right now. No one has gotten it to work yet. feel free to jump in and help test it though. The 8800 is an amazing card.
Mara
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mara »

After some fighting I just got the beta drivers to work on my 8800GTS and shutter glasses. The drivers are really buggy, I get image flickering and corrupted textures but the 3D effect is working. So far I tested AAO and Code of Honor (French foreign legion).

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”