eMagin Z800 Pro Dual For Sale $1100 OBO

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
vvortex3
One Eyed Hopeful

eMagin Z800 Pro Dual For Sale $1100 OBO

Post by vvortex3 »

I am selling the HMD which was successfully used in my VR build. This is the customized dual-input version of the emagin z800 HMD which will allow you to get dual 75hz stereoscopic 3d input. The specs can be found here:

http://www.vrealities.com/z800pro.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The HMD is in like-new condition and functions perfectly, but has two small holes drilled into the plastic body in order to temporarily mount tracking markers.

If interested please contact me at (916)533-0007. Cash only please, no trades
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Re: eMagin Z800 Pro Dual For Sale $1100 OBO

Post by ancjob »

vvortex3 wrote:I am selling the HMD which was successfully used in my VR build. This is the customized dual-input version of the emagin z800 HMD which will allow you to get dual 75hz stereoscopic 3d input. The specs can be found here:

http://www.vrealities.com/z800pro.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The HMD is in like-new condition and functions perfectly, but has two small holes drilled into the plastic body in order to temporarily mount tracking markers.

If interested please contact me at (916)533-0007. Cash only please, no trades

queries :

1)how old is the unit?
2)can it take single VGA input only as my laptop has one VGA out ?
Last edited by ancjob on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

An HMZ-T1 plus a headtracker would be about $900 or less.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

Aphradonis wrote:An HMZ-T1 plus a headtracker would be about $900 or less.
yeah...upon second thoughts....paying even usd $500 for emagin z800 will be stupid as the sony HMD is great since z800 is obsolete .

Also the z800 hardware is fragile,display quality is crap [aka no sharpness] , 3d not even supported on newer cards....i will rather wait for sony HMD instead.......

thanks anyway for the offer vvortex3 - i'd skip your offer!

Hope you 'd find somebody stupid enough to pay you for this z800 headset....my best wishes...

thanks
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Keep in mind this is the dual output version of the Z800. Which means it could be used with IZ3D/DDD drivers, or custom software which supported dual output. This is not the same as the original model, which relied on the Nvidia driver for 3D output. So there could be specialized applications where this would be desirable, even over the Sony. But for most gamers, I agree that the HMZ-T1 is a lot more attractive.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Not to mention that it is a lot more lightweight/portable.
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

I think I remember (can't be bothered looking up) that it is faster refresh rate as well. I think the standard Z800 is just a buffered 30hz.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

WiredEarp wrote:I think I remember (can't be bothered looking up) that it is faster refresh rate as well. I think the standard Z800 is just a buffered 30hz.
ok i get it - it's better than z800 std. version anytime.....light weight portable , has stereoscopic input max at @75hz......but the screens are the same as z800 std. and assembly despite being light weight is fragile which is a deal breaker....HMZ-T1 offers 51 FOV and HD oleds which are more resilient than z800's...something tells me this z800 is still NOT good.....skipping it still...hehehe :lol:
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

ancjob wrote:
WiredEarp wrote:I think I remember (can't be bothered looking up) that it is faster refresh rate as well. I think the standard Z800 is just a buffered 30hz.
ok i get it - it's better than z800 std. version anytime.....light weight portable , has stereoscopic input max at @75hz......but the screens are the same as z800 std. and assembly despite being light weight is fragile which is a deal breaker....HMZ-T1 offers 51 FOV and HD oleds which are more resilient than z800's...something tells me this z800 is still NOT good.....skipping it still...hehehe :lol:
Yeah, $1100 is definitely a massive ripoff, even for the dual version.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

Aphradonis wrote:
ancjob wrote:
Yeah, $1100 is definitely a massive ripoff, even for the dual version.

before the annoucement of launch of sony HMZ-T1 - dual version z800 'd have been for usd700-1100 but now with the sony hmd shipping for usd$800+ who 'd buy z800 std. or dual unless crazy and deep-pocketed ...
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

Before the HMZ-T1, I just wouldn't've bought an HMD, period. Lol.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

Aphradonis wrote:Before the HMZ-T1, I just wouldn't've bought an HMD, period. Lol.
why so ? do you hate z800....

now i get it - as per wiki here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_comparison" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vendors 'd discontinue using the VGA,DVI ports by 2015....and display port /HDMI will be universal....

so 2015 - only display port/HDMI 'd exist.....so z800 still has 4 more years to live on govt.contracts....
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

I've wanted an HMD for years now, but until the HMZ-T1, there was no consumer HMD of high enough quality for me. I wasn't willing to accept low resolution, low FOV, and poor colors when I could have a nice HDTV or monitor. But with the HMZ I'll actually have a better 3D gaming experience, with OLED discrete 3D.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The HMZ-T1 is a big step forward in a lot of ways, but it is also a step back. At least in terms of mobility, it will be more difficult to use this in a wearable setup, and it doesn't even come with a headtracker. I'm talking about indoors with backtop VR or even walking around outside with some sort of AR HUD. But for stationary viewing, it should be great.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

Aphradonis wrote:I've wanted an HMD for years now, but until the HMZ-T1, there was no consumer HMD of high enough quality for me. I wasn't willing to accept low resolution, low FOV, and poor colors when I could have a nice HDTV or monitor. But with the HMZ I'll actually have a better 3D gaming experience, with OLED discrete 3D.
how smart of you ...
i have z800,headplay and a china HMD all of which do not offer the 'ultimate' experience i want
some have great screens but bad optics and vice-versa...
with HMZ-T1 finally seems like it's the 'dream' HMD i was looking for !
vvortex3
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vvortex3 »

I'd just like to point out to everyone here that this entire system was sold for nearly my target price.
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

Nice! I wish I could sell my standard Z800. Perfect condition, APART from one screen which has a big OLED cancer spot in it.

I think I'll have to keep it and make it into a monocular HMD or something like that. Would be cool for a flip down targeting view for BlackShark.
mayaman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mayaman »

vvortex3 wrote:I'd just like to point out to everyone here that this entire system was sold for nearly my target price.
You know what PT Barnum once said.

"There's a sucker born every minute" ;)
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

I'm thinking i might just put my Z800 on ebay anyway even with one damaged screen. Maybe someone will pay me a decent price for it, since it can be used for parts etc...

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”