Need help please........anti aliasing

maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Need help please........anti aliasing

Post by maddenftbl »

Ok,I will try to be as clear and direct as I can.I have the 169.21 nvidia drivers and the iz3d 1.07 stereo drivers.No matter what I do I cant get aa to work in any of the games with any drivers.I have tried alot of them.The games I have tried is nba live 08,medal of honor airborne and madden 08.Once I disable the stereo drivers and start the games,aa works fine.Any help would be appreciated.I have a 8800 gts 512.

Another thing is that I am unclear on what glasses I should get.Right now I am using the cardboard ones from shrek 3d.I have no color,just a shady yellow and red and blue.I have tried to switch in the config file to optimized{6} as well.I would really like to use these with color.Right now the 3d is awesome but ugly.If there is certain glasses,please tell me and can I purchase them locally{la}?

Thanks

Craig
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi!

welcome to the board.. :)

ok, there are some points you should check..

1) you should not have both drivers enabled. nvidia OR iz3d
2) the nvidia drivers do not support AA.
3) the iz3d drivers work only for iz3d monitors OR in anaglyph mode.
4) to switch to anaglyph mode go to your install directory, open the file config.xml with notepad and edit the line "NSmode" by setting the value from 5 to 2.
5) if you use anaglyph mode you have to set your desktop to clone mode

the glasses you need are red/blue glasses. you can easily make them aat home if you dont have them or order them for a few cents on the web. the anaglyph image is the worst of all. so if youre excited by this you better research for a better solution because it means that youre affected too.. its a really bad illness called "stereo maniac" and tehre is no way out except to satisfy your need of 3D.. :D

have a nice day hope this helps!

cu
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddenftbl »

Ok,thanks for replying so quickly.I only have the 169.21 forceware drivers and your 1.07 stereo drivers.I did not install nvidia's stereo drivers so I believe that I dont have them installed.Anyway to verify them?I have set nsmode to either 2 or 6 for anaglyph mode.Those are the only modes I got them to do both colors.I am confused about setting my desktop to clone mode.Please explain.What is the best way to get the full 3d effect and color that you recommend other then buying the monitor as it is out of my price range right now?If all I can do is stay with the glasses thats fine as long as I can get aa and my color back.

Thanks

Craig
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

If you use anaglyph glasses (with different colours) you won't get FULL colours. You might get some colors back with Red/Cyan (Red/light blue) glasses. I got some from hongKong and made some myself.
The ones from Hongkong have 'ghosting' on the Cyan 'glass' and my ones have ghosting with the Red one...

However I know why I didn't change from old shutterglasses :roll:

I haven't found them in a local store, although others have managed...

Regarding AA... I've got no clue, but you could try the controll panel and set it global on?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddenftbl »

I have the red\cyan glasses and there is nothing but shady yellow colors.no way at all to fix this?I have tried tons of different settings with aa ,none work.Whats weird is that if I start a game with stereo disabled all aa comes back.I have unistalled,and installed,etc.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Hm... I've just tested with my Nvidia driver and the glasses make a difference. Red/green is less colourfull than Red/cyan...

I'm not shure if I had AA... in one game defenitly not, but in the other it looks like at least some AA...

It was a racing game and you notice if AA is on or not because of the stripes at the road...

Maybe it works with a different game?

I get a relativly blue sky and green grass... The red is very bad for me - almost black, but it's playable... But shutters is better :D

edit:
I just Checked without AA. It looks even worse, so it was working. I forgot to mention that I was using the IZ3D driver as well, but with different card and Forcware...
But it works - even in Anaglyph (enable on hotkey)
ayqz1u0s

maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddenftbl »

Thanks for your help.Shutters wont do me any good as I have a 24 inch lcd.What drivers are you using?AA is for sure not working with me,not even transparecy mode.mabe it is my card?8800 gts 512.Without stereo turned completely off all settings work fine.

Craig
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I could not get Antialias to work with MoH Airbourne - no matter what: 3D/ no 3D. I have a 7900GT though. Only game I've tried where Antialias just wouldn't work.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Ok could you try the demo of a different game? Maybe one, which isn't produced by EA? A game which works for other user with AA? Maybe UT2004 or DTM Race Driver 3...

I think it should work somehow... did you use standard AA (e.g. 4x?)
ayqz1u0s

sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi! sorry i was wrong about the clone mode.. single mode is correct. so just normal.. :)

well with anaglyph systems there is no way to have the colors.. anti alising should work.. its strange that it doesnt work. i reccomend not to loose too much time on it because in some day (dont know when) the new drivers are released so it should work better on many sides.

regards

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddenftbl »

Thanks for the help guys.I can get medal of honor to work with aa although I dont think it works good at all 2d\3d.Bad coding of the game I think for some reason.I will try non ea games soon,maybe a different monitor also?

Craig
maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddenftbl »

I tried the latest drivers 176.74 as well,no go.Will shutter glasses work at all with a lcd?Anywhere I can get older iz3d drivers to try?

Craig
maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddenftbl »

Just found out that if a game has aa setting in the game itself,I can set those and it works,go figure!I tried it on virtua tennis 3.I love to play madden and nba live 08 alot and they do not have any aa settings and either does moh airborne........guess I am screwed.

Craig
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

maddenftbl wrote:I tried the latest drivers 176.74 as well,no go.Will shutter glasses work at all with a lcd?Anywhere I can get older iz3d drivers to try?
Craig
I am glad you are having better luck!

But, to answer your question, an earlier version would not do you any good, because Anaglyph is a new feature.
maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddenftbl »

Thanks for the heads up.

Craig
maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddenftbl »

Now I have tried painkiller overdose,no aa there as well even if set in game.This is so frustrating.I can live with very little colors but I need aa.Any other suggestions?

Craig
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I found this thread a while back about 8 series and antialias:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?show ... ntry322084
maddenftbl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddenftbl »

The problem is that I get aa just fine when not in stereo mode or not having the iz3d drivers installed.I am using 174.74 drivers.It makes me think it has something to do with those drivers.Maybe I am wrong?

Craig
chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Post by chilledsanity »

2) the nvidia drivers do not support AA.
It depends on the game. It's a real crap shoot. AA seems to work on most of the games I've run the Nvidia drivers on, but on the other hand it can cause blue screens on the ones that don't like it.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”