Hello I am new to S-3D

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
McdIzzY
One Eyed Hopeful

Hello I am new to S-3D

Post by McdIzzY »

I bought these a few days ago and i am having trouble getting them to work. The package came with an insert that says i sould go to nvidia.com for the latest drivers but it also said that the driver versions should match. I couldnt find any. So, i went to google where i found this and this, but neither worked for me all i got was black screens and BSODs. Sadly i have a 8600GT and a P4 HT dual core 3.40Ghz with WinXP which, from what ive read, is like the bane of all S-3Ds setups... is there any hope for me?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I have a little bad news. The problem is your videocard. There's good (but old) stereosupport for up and including the 7950-series of cards (probably not 7950gx2 since sli wont work in stereo3d). You can also check this thread for tips. Some actually have it working: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1072

Good luck
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry to report that NVIDIA no longer supports LCD shutter glasses. The drivers you are trying to run don't work with 8 series cards.

HOWEVER, there is some hope. This is not official or anything, but many members are having success following this thread:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1072

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

wow $9.95? heh well at least you didn't pay 60$ for the edimensional ones.

I also have a 8600gts, never got it working. But works on my nvidia 6600, and when they work the effect is everything it promised to be, like going from black+white to color. Now I can't watch a single tv show without thinking that I am watching it on a flat surface. Sort of if I was living in the 60's and everyone was excited about black and white tv's and you already saw color. Just not the same anymore....

currently dreaming of getting an iz3d, in the meanwhile the mtbs user freke1 will send you anaglyph glasses over the mail for free if you ask him nicely.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol@Neil... You read my mind! :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”