NVidia forums down forever?

Talk about NVIDIA GPUs and driver performance here.
3DWolf
One Eyed Hopeful

NVidia forums down forever?

Post by 3DWolf »

NVidia has had their forums off-line for months. The last update was July 24th when they explained they were hacked and would fix it soon. But it still just gives that same old message when you try to go to their forums.

It certainly doesn't instill confidence in me since they can't even run simple forum software and it is taking many months for them to fix it. I'm guessing customer support is not at the top of the list for them anymore. Anyone heard if they are even going to have forums again?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: NVidia forums down forever?

Post by Neil »

The forums probably aren't that important for their day to day (though I'm confident they plan to bring them back eventually). I mean, there are a million Nvidia forums outside of their main site, and most if not all the stereoscopic 3D gamers are able to talk amongst themselves here. The only thing that is really concerning is some have expressed a problem with ordering their 3DTV Play software online. Is that really impacted by their forums being offline?

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

They saves a few dollars by keeping the bandwidth down for the forums. Also they probably think its nice and calm when noone asks for features or fixes (which by experience won't come around from nvidia anyway). :P
Reasonably it should only take a few days to bring up a website and forums into a passable state so i wouldn't be surprized if they trashed the forums forever.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Like clockwork, Nvidia put out an announcement that they are developing new forum software for their site. Coincidence? I think not! :lol:

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Interesting. At least they are working on it.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Neil wrote:Like clockwork, Nvidia put out an announcement that they are developing new forum software for their site. Coincidence? I think not! :lol:

Regards,
Neil
:lol:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “General NVIDIA discussion”