Virtual Reality Sports

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Virtual Reality Sports

Post by colocolo »

i just want to exchange some ideas on VR stuff here, because since i have heard of the Oculus Rift i am permanently thinking about additional VR hardware that could be created. Something like a crosstrainer or a hometrainer which electronics will be
connected with the PC, or a stepper.
Also had the crazy idea that if you would made the RIft water resistant, (because there already exist a service which makes your eletronic stuff resistant) you could dive in your pool if u have one and a pooltrainer would give u infinite pool space.
i dont know.... something like this.... i think there is a very big potential for a new VR hardware market.
or hard body enemies in form of a punch bag which could tackle u.....
Mind
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Virtual Reality Sports

Post by Mind »

colocolo wrote: Also had the crazy idea that if you would made the RIft water resistant, (because there already exist a service which makes your eletronic stuff resistant) you could dive in your pool if u have one and a pooltrainer would give u infinite pool space.
This is something that i am also thinking of. Diving in the great barrier reef everywhere in the world. Instead of diving googles, you take VR-googles. The immersion could be near perfect, because you don't touch anything while diving. And if the pool can generate a strong enough current, it could hold a few diver away from the wall of the pool so there can be the illusion that you dive in an infinite space. But even if this would be ultra cool, i can't see this in the next 20 years. Maybe if the natural riffs are so screwed that most of them are closed for diving.
Or you go with VR-Googles in a normal lake. Instead of a visibility of a few meter and nearly no fish, you think you dive in the caribik with plenty of fish. A great idea, but till this can be done safe enough many years will go by.
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Virtual Reality Sports

Post by colocolo »

yes, you are right. there wont be any device in the near future. that brings me to a good reason why i should finally begin learning progamming seriously. :) . cause then i could programm all the devices i build myself. programming arduino microcontrollers would ideal for that.... not to forget the motion sensing device LEAP Motion which can differ one hair from another :D

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”