The Avengers 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

The Avengers 3D

Post by Chiefwinston »

I'll just keep it short. My viewing had proper brightness. The 3D was weak. But the combination of a good show with 3D- well I thought it was spectacular. The 3D blu-ray will be one to own.

Chief's score card:
Story: 9
Acting: 8.5
Special effects: 9.5
3D: 7.25/7.5
Final Score: 9.25

:lol:
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: The Avengers 3D

Post by Fredz »

Great score for a converted movie, does it really deserve this notation or was it only because movies filmed in real 3D are still a scarce resource nowadays ? I'd like to hear Neil about this one also, as it seems he's as picky as I am about good depth.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Neil thought it was junk, but it seems OK to me. Not great, but it was entertaining and the 3D did not distract from the movie. Still, clearly not a native production.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Blurry 3d in one eye was there indeed, may be some people did not noticed.

Story: Good
Acting: Superb
Special Effects: Outstanding

Depths were not same through movie some scenes brilliant others too flat
but in whole Much better in 2D (Save your hard earned bucks!)
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Depths were not same through movie some scenes brilliant others too flat
but in whole Much better in 2D (Save your hard earned bucks!)
Yes! I wholeheartedly agree.

Regards,
Neil
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

I suggest that anyone interested should see it for themselves. The 3D is far from perfect, but there seems to be contention as to how bad it is or how perceivable the flaws are. It may be that some people have better vision (Neil) then others (me) and so the flaws stand out more to those people.
For me, I have to say I loved the movie in 3D, and will definitely be getting it 3D blu-ray when it finally comes out here. It will be interesting for me to see how it converts over since I saw it twice in the cinema in 3D. The first time I saw it was at a really big screen cinema with good brightness, etc. At this cinema it looked fantastic. The second time I saw it at a small cinema that had way below optimal brightness, and could understand some of what Neil was saying. I wonder if viewing on an even smaller screen will make me want to just watch in 2D... I'll have to get back to you on that.

Anyone else got this in 3D Blu-ray?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I seen this movie in june. My brother in law took me to a vip theatre. Good beer! Now I really don't like going to theatres and the 3d in this movie was the same as I see everywhere else. The polarized glasses don't help to when you have the sides view open and I get distracted from the people at the sides messing about. I need to wear a hoody next time.

It was a nice treat though. Glad to see more movies in 3d.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Dom wrote:I seen this movie in june. My brother in law took me to a vip theatre. Good beer! Now I really don't like going to theatres and the 3d in this movie was the same as I see everywhere else. The polarized glasses don't help to when you have the sides view open and I get distracted from the people at the sides messing about. I need to wear a hoody next time.

It was a nice treat though. Glad to see more movies in 3d.
Just wondering what the actual cinema you went to see this at was like (large, small, nice and bright projector or a bit dim, etc) and how did you find the 3D in this film? I'm just curious since it seems to me the experience varies a lot depending on the actual cinema.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I went to a brand new cineplex in the fancy area of my city. http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/Theatr ... nemas.aspx

The theatre was big with comfy big chairs, less people but more room for relaxing and the screen was normal size. The picture was normal brightness, nothing seemed out of place. Not to loud sound and easy on your eyes to watch the movie. The 3d was 2d similar I guess, 3d, its all the same to me now, 2d similar depth.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”