Some additional thoughts on DLP for HMDs..

This is for discussion and development of non-commercial open source VR/AR projects (e.g. Kickstarter applicable, etc). Contact MTBS admins at customerservice@mtbs3d.com if you are unsure if your efforts qualify.
MSat
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Some additional thoughts on DLP for HMDs..

Post by MSat »

This is more or less a continuation of my other DLP thread ( http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=15033 ), I just felt that it's more appropriate for the VR/AR R&D section.

Last night I was thinking about ways to increase the resolution beyond whatever the DLP DMD natively supports. If you look at the diagram in my previous thread, you see the light source dictates the location and size of the projected image. If you have multiple light sources, and toggle them appropriately, you should be able to tile images projected onto different areas of a screen/eye piece optics. The most obvious issue with this that I could think of is that the pixel size from one tile to the other might not be consistent. However, I don't see why this couldn't be corrected with the appropriate optics.

Return to “VR/AR Research & Development”