Amd gfx, Sony Hmz and the Stereoscopic player

CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Amd gfx, Sony Hmz and the Stereoscopic player

Post by CyberVillain »

I have gotten the Stereodcopic player to work with my Sony using the nvidia output option in the poster. When im flying i have my Sony Vaio which has a Amd card, can i somehow configure the player to output a format that the hmz suppports?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Amd gfx, Sony Hmz and the Stereoscopic player

Post by cybereality »

Yeah you can use side-by-side, that should work no problem. You just have to go into the HMZ menu and set the 3D options.

Some of the newest AMD laptops support HDMI 1.4a, but I'm guessing you've had the laptop for longer than that.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

cybereality wrote:Yeah you can use side-by-side, that should work no problem. You just have to go into the HMZ menu and set the 3D options.

Some of the newest AMD laptops support HDMI 1.4a, but I'm guessing you've had the laptop for longer than that.
Found it and it works! But only in 1280 / 2 Shouldnt you be able to use 1080p SBS?

edit: Strange on my Gamer rig (Nvidia) I can choose 1080p for desktop res. but not on my AMD Laptop.. Never liked the ATI drivers!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You can try outputting only to the HMZ (ie turn the laptop screen off) and also try setting the resolution from the Windows setting, not the AMD control panel.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

cybereality wrote:You can try outputting only to the HMZ (ie turn the laptop screen off) and also try setting the resolution from the Windows setting, not the AMD control panel.
Tried both no dice, they both have 720p only
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

You could also try to setup a 1280x1470 graphics mode if your driver allows this (or 1920x2205, but it's quite useless since the native res. of the HMZ-T1 is 720p). It should enable framepacking 3D if you're connected by HDMI, but then you would need to feed content in a top/bottom format with a black horizontal bar of 30 or 45 pixels. You should be able to do this quite easily for movies by writing a small AVISynth script.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

My mkv's are 1080p SBS so if i can get my laptop to accept 1080p as desktop res. I would be set, haven't tried more though
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

It depends on what the best scaler is, the software scaler from the GPU driver or the scaler from the HMZ-T1, maybe you should test both to see which one wins. You could also reencode your movies in 720p SBS full, the quality should be better preserved.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”