Trying to find

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
M1rth
One Eyed Hopeful

Trying to find

Post by M1rth »

The NVidia stereo profile editor (formerly at http://gsoftware.no-ip.com/stereo/, but the site's gone down).

I just got my old VRJoy glasses working again. Setup: AMD Athlon64-3800, 2 GB RAM, WinXP, BFG 7800GS OC, drivers are 163.75 forceware with 162.50 stereo3d driver. Works BEAUTIFULLY... with one issue.

Problem is, I'm trying to configure them to work with Portal. Any tips and tricks would be welcome (I saw someone saying he had to force it to "lowest settings" but don't know what he meant by that), but above all else I'd really like to find this old utility so I can create a profile and save my settings when I do get them right. Does anyone know where the utility might be sitting, or have a copy around?

Thanks so much...
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I'm using the same drivers as you and i have no problem getting stereo3d. Use following settings (advanced graphic settings)in portal:

Color correction: disabled. It has to be for stereo3d, otherwise separation only.
Motion blur: disabled. It has to be for stereo3d, otherwise separation only.

Other settings at desired values.
I can't recall if i used dragons tool (not kinddragons stereodriver) on this one.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
M1rth
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by M1rth »

Thanks - can you point me to this dragon's tool you speak of? I'm just now getting back into using my glasses, they sat in a closet for 5 years after vrstandard went under while I was using ATi boards (hence no drivers).
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

M1rth wrote:Thanks - can you point me to this dragon's tool you speak of? I'm just now getting back into using my glasses, they sat in a closet for 5 years after vrstandard went under while I was using ATi boards (hence no drivers).
It's here: http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php?act=view&id=17

Some games works better with it since it enables a slight form of postprocessing capability. Don't expect wonders but sometimes it's exactly what it does. :D
"enable stereo render target" is this option. Actually this can also be entered using regedit but this is simpler.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

M1rth, I have the profile editor from that site if you still need it. It's about a meg if you want me to email it to you.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Can't you save the profiles with crtl+F7? and modify it with crtl+ F3/F4 and crtl+ F5/F6?

I wonder if it was the information you're looking for :?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”