Panasonic Viera Plasma 3D HDTV Owners Thread

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
artox
Cross Eyed!

Re: Panasonic Viera Plasma 3D HDTV Owners Thread

Post by artox »

Hey Chief :),
the retention faded out and I convinced a modder to make me a mod for the game with 25% opacity of the hud, so I can enjoy the game without any worry. I'm really mad at Panasonic for not including anti-burn in options and btw the tv really retains images like crazy. Staying on a menu or having text on screen for a mere minute could take up to five minutes or more to fully dissipate. I try to play only games with transparent or disappearing huds, but some developers don't really see the necessity to include such a simple option. Haven't yet played through Lara Croft and the Guardian of light for that very reason.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Guys, I've just switched to Nvidia and have been unable to get the 120hz devices mode to work. It used to work fine with an AMD GPU. Iz3d loads fine, but the glasses don't shutter. Am I mistaking to thing that this mode should work with a Nvidia gpu at 720p60hz.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

I think you'll need the nvidia 3DTV Play software.

cheers
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Chief, I have 3dtvplay, I just want the option to use iz3d shutter as well.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

hmm, let me know how you make out on this one. I'm getting ready to order a nvidia 580 gtx. I would like it to work with all avialable drivers, also.

cheers
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Well, currently there is no way to get frampacked 720p or 1800p with iz3d drivers on a Nvidia GPU. You can use the 3dtv play driver for this and iz3d for SBS. if you aren't running through a receiver you may even use 3dtv play for free through 3dvision usb-emmitter emulator and different EIDID for the TV , but if you are using a receiver I don't recommend it since your receiver will be recognized as a completely different brand and model.
skabais
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by skabais »

Hi,

I'm a happy, new owner of a Panasonic 3D HDTV 46'' GT30.

Since the set came without 3D glasses I would like to take the opportunity and find what options are currently available.
Following news on MTBS3D, several times I have seen news bits of alternative/universal 3D glasses in development.
Any of those efforts have been commercially implemented?

To put it simply - would you recommend to buy any other than the official Panasonic glasses (should be available in Europe)?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I would buy the Panasonic brand glasses if you can. Other models may not be compatible (unless they specifically mention universal compatibility with Panasonic). If you look on eBay there are some of the universal glasses from China, but I don't know how good the quality is compared to the real ones.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Yes, a fine choice Skabais. Try out the 3D Blu-rays. They are spectacular in Full HD 3D, much better than the local movie theaters.

Enjoy
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Poisonman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Poisonman »

Hi to all,
I made a post here about a year ago and now after a year and after using my P50VT20 for almost 15 months, I just want to inform all of you Panasonic owners that the image retention will get less with more use of TV.
I have been playing Need For Speed The Run quite a lot and the HUD mark on screen could be seen easily but after watching some movies the image retention disappeared almost completely.
So, I don't think this kind of retention can cause any long term problems.
Have fun. ;)

Return to “3D HDTVs”