HP 2311gt Monitor

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
wayneal68
One Eyed Hopeful

HP 2311gt Monitor

Post by wayneal68 »

I bought a HP2311gt monitor and want to get some clip on 3D glasses. I know they are FPR passive glasses, but don't know the polarization, circular or linear. When I tried contacting HP they best they can do is "I don't know" and nothing in their specifications indicate. It's pathetic that a manufacturer doesn't know what they are selling.

Does anyone know what would be compatible with this monitor?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: HP 2311gt Monitor

Post by cybereality »

I think most of the FPR monitors use circular polarization, and many use the same angle. The most popular I think is the RealD format from the movies. I would say pick up some RealD glasses (or compatible ones online) and see if they work.

Here are some you may want to try:
http://www.berezin.com/3d/3dglasses.htm#Circular
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

I have REALD Glasses and FPR monitor too (LG D2342P) and sorry to tell you that REAL D galsses are not working with this monitor they give horrible ghosting, i use to have purple color bleeding while tried those glasses (REAL D) for playing AVATAR The Game on my monitor ( i was in search of additional pair as LG gives only two). this is not the case when i play with glasse provided with my monitor.

You can buy LG Clip ons from near by LG TV showroom they sell here in india & as its FPR it should work

I have also tried Paper Glasses i got from movie hall but they were also not working (Circular polrizers but polarisation was opposite of RealD, I found it by bring my RealD pair to movie hall it use to give proper 3D result when you wear RealD pair upside down)

Try only LG Clip-ons may be success there,else don know!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well I have only personally tested with the Zalman monitor, and it is very similar to RealD. Granted, there is still some of the purple ghosting, but its within reason. I also heard that the Vizio and LG HDTVs (not monitors) use similar type as RealD. No idea about this HP monitor, but its worth a shot, right?
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

i can confirm that my Vizio works well with the RealD glasses. i always keep them after i watch a movie at the theater and relatives have saved some for me. i also got the generic clip-ons from ebay which work about as well also.

if you are getting the purple ghosting, then that means the linear component is at the wrong angle. rotating the lens can confirm this i think..

Return to “3D Monitors”