TriDef on 3D Vision ready/3D Vision on TriDef certified HW

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Jan
One Eyed Hopeful

TriDef on 3D Vision ready/3D Vision on TriDef certified HW

Post by Jan »

Hi!
I am Jan from Germany.
Actually I am not exactly new to stereoscopic 3D since I really loved my old shutterglasses (ELSA Revelator) on my
Riva TNT/TNT2/GeForce DDR/6800GT/7900GS :D until they stopped supporting it :-(

But finally I was to buy a new monitor. A friend shot the Samsung 2233RZ for unbelievable 120€ and I really liked that one. But sadly I misses that opportunity...
So I looked further but couldn't decide between the Samsung S23A700D (DDD) and the HannsG HS233H3B (3D Vision) so I ordered both to find out.
Unluckily I still don't know which to keep...
As the monitor itself I prefer the Samsung, much better colors!
But as most of you would know, the bigger problems are the drivers. Some games just work better with the 3D Vision than DDD or vice versa.
And DDD does not support SLI as far as I understand. (I got a very cheap 9800GX2 and will replace my 8800GT later tonight)

Basically 3D Vision runs easier and faster and has better depth than the TriDef, but has more problems with effects.
If there are problems in TriDef, you can still enable the "virtual 3D" to get it working.

So what I am really up to is one monitor (no matter which of the two) working with both systems, DDD and 3D Vision.
If I have to buy TriDef drivers for the HannsG or Nvidia glasses for the Samsung, that should not be the problem.

Maybe you can help me? Or do you have other hints for me?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Jan
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: TriDef on 3D Vision ready/3D Vision on TriDef certified

Post by Guig2000 »

The simplest way is to have a fully compatible 3Dvision system and to use a monitor/projector that you can natively drive in 3D.
For example some nvidia 3Dready Zalman monitors: you can use them in S3D via 3Dvision but you can also directly send line interlaced data because it is the way the right and left picture are physically separated. Or 3Dvision ready DLP projectors or TV that accept checkerboard data input.
http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=97
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13814

There is another way to use a 3D vision monitor with DDD but I don't remember how exactly. Neil explained it on the Asus 3D vision2 monitor (it's somewhere in the news).
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

@Jan: Well since you have both monitors on your setup you are probably the best one to discover which is better. I can say that Nvidia has better support overall (more games, etc.) but I feel that the 3D looks nicer with DDD when you set it up correctly. They both have pros and cons, its your choice.
Jan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jan »

Wow, thank you everyone!

Thanks Guig2000, but I don't want to buy more equipment right now :)

Neil, perfect! Thank you very much. That was what I had been looking for! I will try that out tonight.

cyberreality, yeah, probably you are right. That was how I felt before remembering this platform here :oops:
Actually I am fine with both of the monitors. I just want to be as compatible as possible.

:twisted: Yeah, finally I will be able to fulfill my longed for dream: 3D Stereo gaming in GOOD LOOKING games :mrgreen:
Jan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jan »

After having locked myself out from the forum and getting back reactivated by Neil (thanks again), I can finally report.

I got Tridef working on my 3d Vision certified HannsG with the NVIDIA glasses. The sad thind about it: Just the one thing I wanted to get working doesn't work: Virtual 3D alias Pro 3D or 2D+depth. Wich is the only mode that is able to cope with the really nice shadows in RaceDriver:Grid

So now I am back trying to get 3D Vision working on my Samsung which is what I believe the better monitor of the two.

edit: BTW SLI works absolutely great with 3D Vision. Wish DDD would support it that way, too.

edit2: OK, 3D Vision is working on my Samsung S23A700D. What you need is the emitter from NVIDIA and maximum driver version 285.62, because these are the last ones with the option CRT you need to select. Amazingly it's working with the Samsung goggles but not with the NVIDIA ones.

Now I am still looking for a way to accelarte the TriDef DDD. Actual framerates in Grid: 60(+) for 3D Vision, 35-45 for DDD in Virtual/Pro 3D mode with 3D Vision enabled and hidden, 18-22 with 3D Vision disabled

edit3:
More Questions comimg up :D
Do you think I will be missing much if I am stuck with the old drivers? e.g. game profiles regarding SLI and stereo?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yes, new drivers typically provide fixes for newer games (better 3D support, SLI profiles, etc.). Though old driver will typically still work for quite some time, you won't be getting 100% performance in new or unreleased games.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”